North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Mint, Licorice, Spices, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Nutty, Pepper
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I’m glad I had a cup of this. It’s been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1766 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I’ve been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn’t want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1045 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 831 tasting notes
  • “I’m finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I’m just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this tea after a suggestion of using it for allergies. Of course I got it at the tail end of allergy season, so didn’t really get to put that theory into practice, but we’ll see next year I guess. It’s a pretty spicy tea, but good for every once in a while!

Taste great. Just add a hint of agave syrup, makes it minty and refreshing =)
Love it after a big meal or cooler nights.

I wish it the ingredient list was shorter and that it would taste more like pure mint (like peppermint herbal from Harney & Sons). All those other spices makes me feel like I’m drinking a tea for sore throat, which is not what I’m looking for.

I ran out of this soooo quickly. So good for a sore stomach.

Flavors: Mint

I’ve had a sorry excuse for a cold the past couple days. Just a slight sore throat and tickle, enough to be annoying but not as bad as I’m accustomed to — I should be grateful I suppose! Anyway, I sniffed this and felt like if anything in my collection could help in that department, this smelt like The One. It’s very soothing on the throat I’m finding, and has that nice cooling mint to it. Honestly I can’t pick apart flavours very well, but it’s a nice mellow spicy taste. My throat feels a bit better, I can’t say for sure if just any tea would’ve felt good regardless, but still.

… I couldn’t really see myself grabbing this on any old day, but for a sick day it’s a nice soothing cup, so I might keep a little pouch of this around.

I tried this at the mall about a week ago but missed reviewing it.

My friend had mentioned to me that this is a good tea, so I figured I’d try it. I tried it cold. I did not like it cold. This was just not a good experience. I LOVE mint teas. They’re my favorites. But I don’t know with this one. The licorice came through in an overpowering way. I think I’m just not a fan of licorice…I’ve had this, Licorice Twist, and Bravissimo all cold and the licorice flavor turned me off. If you like licorice this might be okay.

This tea has potential. It smells good, so maybe it would be better hot. I will try this again as a hot tea and write another review, but as of right now, I strongly disliked this cold.

Flavors: Licorice, Mint, Spices

How can this tea be rated so lowly on Steepster?! It’s amazing. A tried and true staple of my cupboard, and one of our all-time favorites. Erik loves the pepper, fennel, and mint. I love the roasty Hojicha and juxtaposition of warm spices with cool mint. Hojicha holds a special place in my heart. It’s not your average green. In fact, it’s closer in taste to Oolong than green. DavidsTea rarely stocks it beyond this blend, and it seems to be very seasonal elsewhere as well. Nice to see this tea included in the Cold Survival Kit of 2014-2015. That collection is brilliant! Love everything in it.

Maddy Barone

I was looking at trying that one, but I’m not a fan of green tea. Still, the spices sound so interesting.

I’ve never reviewed this one? Weird.

Either way, nice green tea with spices :)

Cavocorax sent this one my way since i don’t typically pick up David’s Teas. I don’t adore mint teas, but i don’t hate them. This one is made interesting by the addition of fennel and pepper. I’ve had this a couple times now, without a tasting note and since this is my last cup, i figure I’d better land somewhere on this. If i was in the mood for a mint tea with a twist, this would be a good go to tea. Thanks cavo!

Don’t really know how I feel about this one – I find there is a lot of variety in the way it turns out – definitely do not oversteep it! I think I like this one more as a remedy for sickness than as an actual tea… I had such high hopes for this the first time I drank it!

Flavors: Mint