North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Licorice, Mint, Spices, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Nutty, Pepper
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I'm glad I had a cup of this. It's been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if *Sil* has...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1720 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I’ve been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn’t want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1026 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 823 tasting notes
  • “I’m finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I’m just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this tea after a suggestion of using it for allergies. Of course I got it at the tail end of allergy season, so didn’t really get to put that theory into practice, but we’ll see next year I guess. It’s a pretty spicy tea, but good for every once in a while!

Please keep things friendly and .

Taste great. Just add a hint of agave syrup, makes it minty and refreshing =)
Love it after a big meal or cooler nights.

Please keep things friendly and .

I’ve had a sorry excuse for a cold the past couple days. Just a slight sore throat and tickle, enough to be annoying but not as bad as I’m accustomed to — I should be grateful I suppose! Anyway, I sniffed this and felt like if anything in my collection could help in that department, this smelt like The One. It’s very soothing on the throat I’m finding, and has that nice cooling mint to it. Honestly I can’t pick apart flavours very well, but it’s a nice mellow spicy taste. My throat feels a bit better, I can’t say for sure if just any tea would’ve felt good regardless, but still.

… I couldn’t really see myself grabbing this on any old day, but for a sick day it’s a nice soothing cup, so I might keep a little pouch of this around.

Please keep things friendly and .

I tried this at the mall about a week ago but missed reviewing it.

My friend had mentioned to me that this is a good tea, so I figured I’d try it. I tried it cold. I did not like it cold. This was just not a good experience. I LOVE mint teas. They’re my favorites. But I don’t know with this one. The licorice came through in an overpowering way. I think I’m just not a fan of licorice…I’ve had this, Licorice Twist, and Bravissimo all cold and the licorice flavor turned me off. If you like licorice this might be okay.

This tea has potential. It smells good, so maybe it would be better hot. I will try this again as a hot tea and write another review, but as of right now, I strongly disliked this cold.

Flavors: Licorice, Mint, Spices

Please keep things friendly and .

How can this tea be rated so lowly on Steepster?! It’s amazing. A tried and true staple of my cupboard, and one of our all-time favorites. Erik loves the pepper, fennel, and mint. I love the roasty Hojicha and juxtaposition of warm spices with cool mint. Hojicha holds a special place in my heart. It’s not your average green. In fact, it’s closer in taste to Oolong than green. DavidsTea rarely stocks it beyond this blend, and it seems to be very seasonal elsewhere as well. Nice to see this tea included in the Cold Survival Kit of 2014-2015. That collection is brilliant! Love everything in it.

Maddy Barone

I was looking at trying that one, but I’m not a fan of green tea. Still, the spices sound so interesting.

Please keep things friendly and .

I’ve never reviewed this one? Weird.

Either way, nice green tea with spices :)

Please keep things friendly and .

Cavocorax sent this one my way since i don’t typically pick up David’s Teas. I don’t adore mint teas, but i don’t hate them. This one is made interesting by the addition of fennel and pepper. I’ve had this a couple times now, without a tasting note and since this is my last cup, i figure I’d better land somewhere on this. If i was in the mood for a mint tea with a twist, this would be a good go to tea. Thanks cavo!

Please keep things friendly and .

Don’t really know how I feel about this one – I find there is a lot of variety in the way it turns out – definitely do not oversteep it! I think I like this one more as a remedy for sickness than as an actual tea… I had such high hopes for this the first time I drank it!

Flavors: Mint

Please keep things friendly and .

Amazing for those days when you crave something soothing. Reminds me a lot of Yogi’s Egyptian licorice Mint. I normally do not like mint or licorice, but the combination is strangely addicting.

1 tsp

Please keep things friendly and .

So I’ve got three green tea-mint blends on hand right now and I’ve decided to do a head to head comparison: Berber by Tay Tea, Moroccan Mint by Teavana, and North African Mint by David’s Tea. One of the few green teas I’d like to keep around would be one with mint, so I’m trying to pick which one. Both Berber and Moroccan mint are just spearmint with gunpowder green tea, while the North African Mint has cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, and black pepper. So, it’s not really a valid comparison, but this study doesn’t have to pass peer review so it’s happening :-P.

This tea is decent (and I’ve reviewed it before, so check out my other review for more details), but I’d prefer one with just mint and gunpowder. Fennel and licorice are not my friends, but this tea is still not bad to me.

Teavana’s Moroccan Mint wins! I’m as surprised as you probably are.

The link to the Berber review: http://steepster.com/teas/tay-tea/11700-berber?post=252649
The link to the Moroccan Mint review: http://steepster.com/teas/teavana/2028-moroccan-mint?post=252648

Cameron B.

This note reminds me that I really want to try Thin Mint Green from Tea Spot! It’s also a houjicha and mint blend (peppermint) but with no spices. :D

carol who

I got a tin of the Thin Mint from the Tea Spot. It was amazing how fast it went!