North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Cloves, Ginger, Licorice, Mint, Pepper, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Cardamon, Hay, Herbs, Spices, Spicy, Fennel, Peppermint, Clove, Nutty
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I’m glad I had a cup of this. It’s been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I’ve been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn’t want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1117 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 871 tasting notes
  • “I’m finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I’m just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1468 tasting notes

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this tea after a suggestion of using it for allergies. Of course I got it at the tail end of allergy season, so didn’t really get to put that theory into practice, but we’ll see next year I guess. It’s a pretty spicy tea, but good for every once in a while!

Taste great. Just add a hint of agave syrup, makes it minty and refreshing =)
Love it after a big meal or cooler nights.

I just got 4 ounces of this yesterday after I told a David’s Tea employee I was looking for a new green tea but was unsure where to start. She told me she always brews hers double strong and drinks it cold. I tried a cup hot, brewed a bit stronger than recommended, and completely fell in love. It has so many flavors, and they seem to just keep coming the longer you sip. I love the spicy finish on this one. Can’t wait to try it iced!

Flavors: Cloves, Ginger, Licorice, Mint, Pepper

This is my go-to for a scratchy throat.

Sometimes, the black pepper can be a bit… intense? But overall, it’s got a pleasant minty flavor with just a touch of heat (spice, not temp) that seems to mellow a wide variety of throat discomfort.

It’s overall very soothing.

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Mint

Sipdown and backlog!

Good tea for my aching tummy a couple nights ago!
I recently just moved to Florida because of my Internship, and man oh man has it been a crazy week. Not with training, but just everything that has happened in the city of Orlando so far. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families that have been affected and it’s scary to thing that every single event that has happened is less than a 30 minute drive away. Can we please just go back to being peaceful? I don’t think Orlando can take it anymore.

I thought I would like this tea because it’s mint and I love things with mint in it. But I think the licorice in it ruined it for me. It was weird tasting to me.

Second steep is a milder version but still alright, though I steeped it forever. Would I bother with a third steep? Not unless I had it set at boiling for 10 mins.

Refreshing, pleasant minty taste. Good solid flavour.

Flavors: Mint

Advent calendar [7/24]

I purposely saved this tea until the end of the day so I could savour it in small cups instead of my travel mug.

Love the scent that comes out of the dry leaves. It’s very sharp and strongly herbal. There are complete cardamom pods in this mix as well.

I found that the longer I steeped this tea, the stronger the cardamom taste shone. I may have overleafed it by a few seconds, because this tea was spicy when I pulled the basket out.

I would love this tea as a cold remedy despite the fact that I likely won’t be purchasing this one. I am going to savour the sample while it lasts.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Hay, Herbs, Spices, Spicy

Also been using this tea for when I feel crappy. Also not something I would purchase either since I usually have at leave one spice tea, one mint tea, and one green tea always on hand. I can just make my own blend ;)

Day 7 of the 24 Days of Tea.

If we’re going to talk about things I go out of my way to avoid in tea, mint is pretty high on that list. It’s probably just one step below licorice (or fennel or anise or whatever it wants to disguise itself as) so I wasn’t thrilled to find this was today’s tea. I’ve yet to find a mint tea I’ve enjoyed…

Well this isn’t actually half bad. Kind of luckily, since I’ve never been interested in this tea, I’ve never looked at the ingredients so I didn’t know what to have in mind. Mint, obviously; I expected that to dominate over the green base. Mint is certainly the dominant note in this, but it’s better than other mint teas I’ve had. I’ll make it clear that I actually like mint itself, I just don’t find the taste transfers to teas well (at least not the ones I’ve had) and I find DAVID’s mint is particularly bad overall. This does actually taste like real mint. I can almost imagine myself chewing on the leaves, and it’s really rather nice.

Well it turns out there’s a lot more to this tea than just mint. Of course, I still didn’t know that when I felt the characteristic sickly sweet, cooling back of the throat sensation of fennel. Yes, fennel! My most hated of ingredients! I thought this was my imagination until I came to the tea’s page and it was staring right at me in the ingredients list. I felt almost betrayed.

So given the mint and the fennel, this should be pretty close to my least favourite tea, but it isn’t. Maybe DAVID’s finally got their mint right. Maybe I lucked out with the fennel because I had this on a day I woke up with a slightly sore throat and was already contemplating a tea with licorice. Maybe everything else in this tea just balanced it all out. Whatever it is, I’m actually enjoying the cup I have in front of me. Not “buy it again” enjoying it, but “I’ll enjoy the rest of the sample” enjoying it for sure.

Flavors: Fennel, Mint

That’s interesting you got a fennel flavour. I got a whole whack of cardamom!

Weird, I didn’t get cardamom at all!

In fact, I don’t even think I saw a cardamom pod in my sample (or at least the half I used yesterday), that might do it.

Strange! It’s funny that I didn’t even realize there was fennel in there until you mentioned it. I still have half a sample left, so I’ll be on the lookout for more flavours next time.

Personally, licorice root probably is what I like least about this blend but luckily it’s subdued. I’ve been feeling under the weather lately so this tea has helped with that.

I’m thinking of keeping the rest of this around for when I eventually do feel sick because I think I’ll appreciate it more then.

Another look back at advent calendar teas I didn’t get to review, 7/24. On second drink, I like this better. There’s definitely more spices and flavors to it than mint. I like it, although I don’t know that I’d buy a bag of it on its own.