North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint, Spicy, Cardamon, Clove, Licorice, Mint, Black Pepper, Spices, Nutty, Pepper
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I’m glad I had a cup of this. It’s been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I’ve been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn’t want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1091 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 852 tasting notes
  • “I’m finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I’m just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this tea after a suggestion of using it for allergies. Of course I got it at the tail end of allergy season, so didn’t really get to put that theory into practice, but we’ll see next year I guess. It’s a pretty spicy tea, but good for every once in a while!

Taste great. Just add a hint of agave syrup, makes it minty and refreshing =)
Love it after a big meal or cooler nights.

Amazing tea! The strongest note is peppermint, which I am a big fan of, but the other ingredients make it more of a spiced peppermint. There’s the cool sensation of menthol followed by the slight burn of ginger and pepper. Fennel and clove are hard to detect alone, but their contribution is felt. I had this tea when I was feeling indigestion and nausea and it cured me completely of both. I adore it.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint, Spicy

aroma: mint, fennel, ginger

taste: the perfect blend of mint and spices

Flavors: Cardamon, Clove, Ginger, Licorice, Mint

So. I am a mint tea FAN. I mean huge. fan. I’m always on the lookout for a new mint tea… chocolate mint, vanilla mint, and of course plain mint. But you can only have so many different “plain” mint teas until you realize they’re all pretty much the same. Wrong. Enter DAVIDs North African Mint tea… It’s such a lovely mint tea, but with a freakin fabulous cast of supporting characters to make this tea AH-MAZING.

Dry leaf: peppermint, ginger, black pepper, licorice
Liquor notes: fennel, ginger, black pepper, cardamon
Tasting notes: subtle mint, warm ginger, sweet licorice & fennel, warm cardamon, slight black pepper on finish

This tea is everything I want in a mint tea… Warming, yet refreshing, without the medicinal edge that can come from a mint tea that has so much else going on. The peppermint in the tea is balanced so nicely with the other ingredients; no single ingredient overpowers the cup, yet somehow each can be distinctly detected & savored.

Love. So happy to have discovered this.

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cardamon, Clove, Fennel, Licorice, Peppermint

Usually when I think of Moroccan or North African-style tea I envision something that’s pretty much straight green tea and mint with a sugar cube or lump of rock sugar. I certainly get the cool freshness of the mint though the green tea is a bit harder to find in the flavour profile. The spices add an interesting flare to the blend, the one I notice the most is the fennel and licorice root which gives the tea a sweet aftertaste. Not bad, I like this take on an old classic.

I wish it the ingredient list was shorter and that it would taste more like pure mint (like peppermint herbal from Harney & Sons). All those other spices makes me feel like I’m drinking a tea for sore throat, which is not what I’m looking for.

I ran out of this soooo quickly. So good for a sore stomach.

Flavors: Mint

I’ve had a sorry excuse for a cold the past couple days. Just a slight sore throat and tickle, enough to be annoying but not as bad as I’m accustomed to — I should be grateful I suppose! Anyway, I sniffed this and felt like if anything in my collection could help in that department, this smelt like The One. It’s very soothing on the throat I’m finding, and has that nice cooling mint to it. Honestly I can’t pick apart flavours very well, but it’s a nice mellow spicy taste. My throat feels a bit better, I can’t say for sure if just any tea would’ve felt good regardless, but still.

… I couldn’t really see myself grabbing this on any old day, but for a sick day it’s a nice soothing cup, so I might keep a little pouch of this around.

I tried this at the mall about a week ago but missed reviewing it.

My friend had mentioned to me that this is a good tea, so I figured I’d try it. I tried it cold. I did not like it cold. This was just not a good experience. I LOVE mint teas. They’re my favorites. But I don’t know with this one. The licorice came through in an overpowering way. I think I’m just not a fan of licorice…I’ve had this, Licorice Twist, and Bravissimo all cold and the licorice flavor turned me off. If you like licorice this might be okay.

This tea has potential. It smells good, so maybe it would be better hot. I will try this again as a hot tea and write another review, but as of right now, I strongly disliked this cold.

Flavors: Licorice, Mint, Spices