North African Mint (organic)

Green Tea
Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clove, Fennel, Ginger, Hojicha, Licorice Root, Peppermint
Mint, Cardamon, Cinnamon, Hay, Herbs, Spices, Spicy, Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint, Clove, Licorice, Black Pepper, Nutty, Pepper
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “I’m glad I had a cup of this. It’s been months and I always forget how good it is but the name just never gets me excited, but then when I finally do, I really like it! Now to check if...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “So I was perusing my cupboard this morning, and I’ve been feeling like sweeter teas lately but I didn’t want to use another sachet of Paris. So I decided to try to change my sweet...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1112 tasting notes
  • “Made this one as a cold brew today. I was craving chai but I was trying to stay away from black tea today. When I had this one the first time, it really reminded me of chai, because it has chai...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 866 tasting notes
  • “I’m finishing up my day with this one, since it tends to calm my tummy and headaches, both of which I have at the moment. I’m just not hungry today, which is weird and tells me...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1351 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

An exotic journey
Explore Northern Africa, from its souks to its deserts, with this intense combination of spices and mint. It combines organic, fairly-traded green tea and peppermint with organic cardamom, ginger, licorice root, fennel clove and black pepper. Deliciously sweet, with all the romance of the Maghreb.

Ingredients: Cardamom, peppermint, ginger, Japanese-style Hojicha green tea, licorice root, fennel, clove, black pepper.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this tea after a suggestion of using it for allergies. Of course I got it at the tail end of allergy season, so didn’t really get to put that theory into practice, but we’ll see next year I guess. It’s a pretty spicy tea, but good for every once in a while!

Taste great. Just add a hint of agave syrup, makes it minty and refreshing =)
Love it after a big meal or cooler nights.

I thought I would like this tea because it’s mint and I love things with mint in it. But I think the licorice in it ruined it for me. It was weird tasting to me.

Second steep is a milder version but still alright, though I steeped it forever. Would I bother with a third steep? Not unless I had it set at boiling for 10 mins.

Refreshing, pleasant minty taste. Good solid flavour.

Flavors: Mint

Advent calendar [7/24]

I purposely saved this tea until the end of the day so I could savour it in small cups instead of my travel mug.

Love the scent that comes out of the dry leaves. It’s very sharp and strongly herbal. There are complete cardamom pods in this mix as well.

I found that the longer I steeped this tea, the stronger the cardamom taste shone. I may have overleafed it by a few seconds, because this tea was spicy when I pulled the basket out.

I would love this tea as a cold remedy despite the fact that I likely won’t be purchasing this one. I am going to savour the sample while it lasts.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Hay, Herbs, Spices, Spicy

Kristal

Also been using this tea for when I feel crappy. Also not something I would purchase either since I usually have at leave one spice tea, one mint tea, and one green tea always on hand. I can just make my own blend ;)

Day 7 of the 24 Days of Tea.

If we’re going to talk about things I go out of my way to avoid in tea, mint is pretty high on that list. It’s probably just one step below licorice (or fennel or anise or whatever it wants to disguise itself as) so I wasn’t thrilled to find this was today’s tea. I’ve yet to find a mint tea I’ve enjoyed…

Well this isn’t actually half bad. Kind of luckily, since I’ve never been interested in this tea, I’ve never looked at the ingredients so I didn’t know what to have in mind. Mint, obviously; I expected that to dominate over the green base. Mint is certainly the dominant note in this, but it’s better than other mint teas I’ve had. I’ll make it clear that I actually like mint itself, I just don’t find the taste transfers to teas well (at least not the ones I’ve had) and I find DAVID’s mint is particularly bad overall. This does actually taste like real mint. I can almost imagine myself chewing on the leaves, and it’s really rather nice.

Well it turns out there’s a lot more to this tea than just mint. Of course, I still didn’t know that when I felt the characteristic sickly sweet, cooling back of the throat sensation of fennel. Yes, fennel! My most hated of ingredients! I thought this was my imagination until I came to the tea’s page and it was staring right at me in the ingredients list. I felt almost betrayed.

So given the mint and the fennel, this should be pretty close to my least favourite tea, but it isn’t. Maybe DAVID’s finally got their mint right. Maybe I lucked out with the fennel because I had this on a day I woke up with a slightly sore throat and was already contemplating a tea with licorice. Maybe everything else in this tea just balanced it all out. Whatever it is, I’m actually enjoying the cup I have in front of me. Not “buy it again” enjoying it, but “I’ll enjoy the rest of the sample” enjoying it for sure.

Flavors: Fennel, Mint

Alyssa

That’s interesting you got a fennel flavour. I got a whole whack of cardamom!

Fay

Weird, I didn’t get cardamom at all!

Fay

In fact, I don’t even think I saw a cardamom pod in my sample (or at least the half I used yesterday), that might do it.

Alyssa

Strange! It’s funny that I didn’t even realize there was fennel in there until you mentioned it. I still have half a sample left, so I’ll be on the lookout for more flavours next time.

Kristal

Personally, licorice root probably is what I like least about this blend but luckily it’s subdued. I’ve been feeling under the weather lately so this tea has helped with that.

Fay

I’m thinking of keeping the rest of this around for when I eventually do feel sick because I think I’ll appreciate it more then.

Another look back at advent calendar teas I didn’t get to review, 7/24. On second drink, I like this better. There’s definitely more spices and flavors to it than mint. I like it, although I don’t know that I’d buy a bag of it on its own.

Amazing tea! The strongest note is peppermint, which I am a big fan of, but the other ingredients make it more of a spiced peppermint. There’s the cool sensation of menthol followed by the slight burn of ginger and pepper. Fennel and clove are hard to detect alone, but their contribution is felt. I had this tea when I was feeling indigestion and nausea and it cured me completely of both. I adore it.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint, Spicy

aroma: mint, fennel, ginger

taste: the perfect blend of mint and spices

Flavors: Cardamon, Clove, Ginger, Licorice, Mint

So. I am a mint tea FAN. I mean huge. fan. I’m always on the lookout for a new mint tea… chocolate mint, vanilla mint, and of course plain mint. But you can only have so many different “plain” mint teas until you realize they’re all pretty much the same. Wrong. Enter DAVIDs North African Mint tea… It’s such a lovely mint tea, but with a freakin fabulous cast of supporting characters to make this tea AH-MAZING.

Dry leaf: peppermint, ginger, black pepper, licorice
Liquor notes: fennel, ginger, black pepper, cardamon
Tasting notes: subtle mint, warm ginger, sweet licorice & fennel, warm cardamon, slight black pepper on finish

This tea is everything I want in a mint tea… Warming, yet refreshing, without the medicinal edge that can come from a mint tea that has so much else going on. The peppermint in the tea is balanced so nicely with the other ingredients; no single ingredient overpowers the cup, yet somehow each can be distinctly detected & savored.

Love. So happy to have discovered this.

Flavors: Black Pepper, Cardamon, Clove, Fennel, Licorice, Peppermint