White Tiger (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

One powerful tea

Look out for white fur, black stripes and ice-blue eyes. White tigers tend to be bigger and stronger than their orange cousins. This blend is just as powerful. It’s got the smooth strength of organic white peony tea. Plus the additional fruity blast of pomegranate essence and dried blueberries. A real fighter! It’ll scare away any bad mood. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Bai Mu Dan white tea (China), dried blueberries, cornflowers. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A big Thank you to Krystaleyn for sending me this and many other nice samples!
Having this as my morning cup today.
Very bright and fruity, tart, natural flavor – not artificial which is pleasant. I think I may add a touch of sugar in the raw when I refill my cup but its very nice as is.
Thank you Krystaleyn!

Kittenna

I should have mentioned that I like this one better steeped for less time, say 2-3 minutes, although I can’t recall if I’m good about the 94C. :)

Azzrian

Oh its okay it was still yummy – thanks :)

Kittenna

You’re welcome. Can’t wait to see what you think of the others!

well other than probably burning my tongue in my impatience to try this… it’s pretty good! I can definitely taste the blueberries.

I am so sad that this tea has gone to online only status. It is one of the few teas that are a predominant tea flavour with undernotes of fruit that I actually like. Normally I like my teas to taste fake as hell (what, I’m slowly learning to like straights . . . ;) )

This one is a lovely white base which, as I said, you can actually taste. I’m still not sure about the 94 steeping temperature they recommend but it hasn’t burned my leaves yet so somehow there is magic happening to make a lovely cup. If you’re a fan of blueberries and white teas and haven’t tried this one, I recommend it. It is one of the whites from Davids that is worth the cost.

1.5 tablespoons for 375 ml

Blueberry is mildly artificial tasting. For some reason I taste a hint of anise-like sweetness. The blueberry slightly overpowers the white tea base.

Thanks to Kittenna for sharing this with me!

I’m tackling my samples tonight, trying to write essays! Thank you to Kittenna for this lovely sample. It smells of blueberries with floral tones.
1st: 94C, 2.5 minutes:* I’m not tasting much. Hm.. I taste a faint white tea blueberriness, but nothing of what I was expecting. Maybe it’s due to the fact I just drank the legendary Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish from 52teas. I think I picked the wrong order. It’s good, just very light. I’ll try a longer steep next time.
For now, I will hold off rating.

tigress_al

I like this one best cold brewed!

Lynne-tea

Thank you for the tip! I will try that with the last bit of my sample. =)

sample from one of my orders.

i’ve been staying up too late watching Wallander on netflix.
(and then i may or may not have read magnus/kurt fanfic and stayed up even later)

i think maybe 2 tea orders i placed recently are arriving today.
(adagio & della terra)

This tea is good but very touchy. It can become bitter very easily. I don’t have a way to get my water temperature so I have to let it cool and guess. I let the boiled water cool for a 1 min and 30 sec in the cup then I steep. Perhaps next time I will let it cool 2 mins.

This cup actually turned out decent. Nice white tea with a touch of blueberries. The after taste is still a bit bitter but not as bad as some other cups. I will get a hang of this tea and get it just right!

MissLena

I’d try steeping for only 2 or 3 mins too, that might help out for bitterness :)

charchar

Ok I will do that next time! I love the flavour but the stupid bitterness always ruins it. I am determined to get this tea to taste just right haha

MissLena

I hope it ends up turning out, maybe cool the water for 2 mins as well to be safe, it’s such a yummy tea when it’s not bitter :)

charchar

Ok I shall give that a try :)

tigress_al

This tea works well as a cold brew. It doesn’t get as bitter. Just put the regular amount of leaves in the same amount of water and put in the fridge for 6-9 hours!

charchar

mmm that sounds good! i will have to try that too, thanks! :)

So I really wanted white tea this morning, and White tiger is up there on my fav white teas. However, I wanted something more.

Brewing up white tiger as normal, I sneak in a little DavidsTea “Blueberry Jam”. The result was very yummy! I used: 1.5t White Tiger and 0.5t of Blueberry Jam.

First off, this blend steeps up to a weird smokey quartz colour. Very cool.

Taste? Very very blueberry! The white tea comes out adding lightness, with white tigers own blueberry taste – however the Blueberry jam adds even more blueberry flavor, sweetness and a bit of black tea depth.

I’m going to do this again (also stretches my stash of both teas, lol)

tigress_al

Great idea, blueberries are so good!

Another of the teas we got this weekend. The beau picked this one out on it’s blueberry merits (the most blueberry smelling dry tea David’s Tea currently carries, I find). I honestly don’t even look at white teas that often because they’re expensive. Luckily, they also happen to be light. We picked up 10g of this to give it a go, and that way we can just replenish if we really like it. I’m trying to learn restraint, I swear!

As I’ve mentioned, the dry smell is strongly blueberry…but only strong for David’s Tea. You definitely smell the white tea first, but underneath that you get a sweet blueberry odour, like blueberry candies, or really ripe sweetened berries. The leaves are quite large and lightly fuzzy…all looks well enough on that front. I’m not much of a tea connoisseur, but larger leaves is almost always a good sign.

We let the water cool for 3 or 4 minutes after boiling (we really should get a kettle with a thermometer some day…) and let it steep around 4 minutes as suggester. We’re doing our standard measurements….1 tsp (now 1 “perfect” teaspoon that the beau wanted, so about 1.25 to 1.5 teaspoons) to two mugs of water, in our 11 oz cups. The liquor is a very pale yellow, and the dry smell has actually amplified. Not quite blueberry anymore, but like blueberry/pomegranate juice.

Wow. The taste is actually exactly like the smell. If anything, slightly stronger. Not mugh white tea taste, at least in this first steep (and I don’t expect a tea taste to develop, honestly. DT is all about flavours!) but I am loving it. Stupid expensive white teas. I’ll try to hold off on this and try some others, but this might be a rebuy. THank the heavens that whites are light : )

UPDATE: Made my second steep later on. I forgot about it, so it steeped for about 7 or 8 minutes. That length though was needed to bring it even close to the strength of the first. This one doesn’t really retain that blueberry flavour with subsequent steeps, but it’s still quite nice. It mostly tastes like a mildly sweet mildly flavoured mild tea. Mild mild mild. The lack of re-steep strength is a bit of a downer, so I’ve adjusted the rating a bit.

Thanks to Vanilla Beans for this one :) I’ve been wanting to try this for quite some time but because it was an online exclusive and cost an arm and a leg I just couldn’t bring myself to get it.

This one is lovely. I much prefer this blueberry taste over Blueberry Jam. This one seems to be much more “true” blueberry. The combination of blueberries and white tea is excellent. It’s really too bad Davids is getting rid of this one.