White Tiger (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

One powerful tea

Look out for white fur, black stripes and ice-blue eyes. White tigers tend to be bigger and stronger than their orange cousins. This blend is just as powerful. It’s got the smooth strength of organic white peony tea. Plus the additional fruity blast of pomegranate essence and dried blueberries. A real fighter! It’ll scare away any bad mood. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Bai Mu Dan white tea (China), dried blueberries, cornflowers. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

WOW. The perfection of the White Peony with the blueberry smash.

All my friends have said to me : “White Tiger is simply AWESOME! You need to try it, it’s like a legend alive” So… I’ve tried it as a tea-to-go at Saint-Bruno DT.

First sip, hot sip, the peony was there and the blueberry was subtile.
Later sip, semi-hot sip, blueberry was mixed with the poeny awesomeness and some pomegranate essence was all over there for smoothing everything.
Last sip, cold sip, blueberry freshness get out from the mixture to deliver a really nice “cold” feel and makes me wonder… Damn, I must try it iced!

However, this tea is impressive. A classic from DT that never fail to impress like Buttered Rum or Coco Chai Rooibos. Try it, ice it, drink it.

errr, I am so confused. This is the tea I ordered, but it tasted nothing like blueberries. In fact, I could swear it was an oversteeped milky oolong (ok, my fault- I left the bag in too long)
Except, well when I finally did toss the bag (no way to resteep. Boo!), the leaves, from what I could see, looked “white”.
That said, I’m not going to rate it this time… that wouldn’t be fair.
Even if I did get the milky oolong, I wasn’t all that impressed, as the other versions of that same tea are superior in my books.
Oh well >.<

I have been trying milk with all my favourite teas to see what happens. Sorry if that offends the purists! I imagine adding milk to white tea might be a sacriledge. However! It is delicious times a million. Tastes more like blueberry pie than before. Very light, refreshing (even when hot, which kind of blows my mind), I am sad this is now only available online :( I will carefully ration what I have left!
You must try this tea.

Tastes more like cardboard with every cup. I think I am ALMOST done, maybe two cups left and then it’s a permanent sipdown (or whatever the kids say these days).

Blech.

I’m only drinking so many cups of this tonight to get it out of my cupboard.

Paul M Tracy

life’s too short to suffer blechy tea but this gets a big like for its honesty

Lindsay

I tried so hard to like it! 50g is a lot of tea to go through when it tastes like cardboard, lol. I am clearly the minority on this one, as it’s a hit with most everyone else. I think my batch is getting old too.

I actually had this tea this afternoon, but didn’t feel like writing my account up then…wanted to take a nap.
This was a tea I really wanted to try, and even though I’m glad that I tried it, I can’t say I’m all that impressed. I mean it’s nice, the taste of blueberries was pretty realistic, sweet and tart. But something about this tea that just didn’t taste that good.
So, I highly I doubt I would want to buy this tea.

another sample from my online order.

Given that pomegranate & blueberry are 2 of my fav fruits and I love white tea, one would think I would love this one. alas I do not love it.

This tastes generically fruity, but artificially so. I do get some earthy vegetal, hay like quality from the white base. but overall nothing I would have again.

I’ve had this tea sitting in my cupboard for waaay too long…it’s backlog Tuesday!

Like the smell it smells like nice nice nice white tea.I love the blueberry and pomegranate essences they really sell me on it.

The taste is bordering on bitter.I do taste blueberries but not much more.
It gets more pleasant as I drink it but it lacks something fundamental that I can’t name currently.
It’s overall a bummer but I don’t NEED another expensive White Tea to obsess over…LOOK at my cupboard people!

My wife called me the other day from in front of the David’s Tea shop out in Montreal’s west island – I came home from work to find 5 new teas waiting for me. I’ll be posting reviews for the others soon.

Today I had to brave the -17C / -30C with windchill weather to tie down the cover on our balcony that had blown loose. I smartly put on some water to heat before heading outside, and I’m now sipping some lovely white tiger tea while thawing out.

The first taste that hits you is the blueberry – which isn’t bad, since I love blueberry in tea. The pomegranate is much more subtle, but adds nicely to the overall effect.

My only complaint is one I have of most flavoured white teas – the added flavours tend to hide the flavour of the white tea - if given this blind I might think that it was a very nice blueberry herbal.

I might try mixing it 50/50 with a straight up pai mu tan or something, just to see what the effect is.

JonTea

No way, Thats my favorite david’s tea~!

I have a tin plus some of White Tiger and I haven’t really been a huge fan of it until a) I had a major craving for white tea over the weekend, and b) I started steeping it properly.

I love the lightness of this tea so much! The blueberries taste like actual fruit not some engineered chemical flavoring, which is particularly wonderful. I take mine naked or dressed up a little with a tiny squidge of honey. I don’t have any agave right now or I’d probably be using that as a sweetener instead. This was lovely as a morning tea on my way to class today, but also is quite nice as an evening tea or after a larger meal – simply because it is a lighter tea but still grounded with the earthy blueberries.

I think White Tiger is going to continue to grow on me and become one of my steady cooler weather teas.

It needs to be said that this tea looks dead sexy…seriously look at those lovely white tea leaves and that smell purrrrrr …you just want to put your face all over it. Yes I did call a tea sexy and no I do not have any regrets Now for the really important part how does the damn tea taste? It has that nice grassy mellowness you would expect from a white tea but it is the blueberry that really shines here. I found that the pomegranate acts like a buffer that sweetens and smooths the subtle grassy notes with the bolder blueberry. Mellow, grassy and nicely astringent with a strong blue berry flavor. White tea lovers and those who find that whites may not be there thing this is certainly worth a try.