White Tiger (organic)

Fruit White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

One powerful tea

Look out for white fur, black stripes and ice-blue eyes. White tigers tend to be bigger and stronger than their orange cousins. This blend is just as powerful. It’s got the smooth strength of organic white peony tea. Plus the additional fruity blast of pomegranate essence and dried blueberries. A real fighter! It’ll scare away any bad mood. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Bai Mu Dan white tea (China), dried blueberries, cornflowers. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Now, with David’s teas specifically, I have had very little luck with white teas. But this came in the world tour box that I got for Christmas, so I figured I’d give it a whirl.
Trying this one naked, since it’s got so many sweet things in it already (blueberries, pomegranate, flowers… That last one may be the death knell, though, since it’s the floral nature of all of the white teas that I’ve tried that has turned me off.) A darker steep than I expected from a white tea to be sure, and that pomegranate comes out swinging! This smells like it could be an unexpected treat (like many of the ones in the world tour box that I didn’t expect to like at all.)
Nope.
Nope, it’s still a white.
I don’t know what it is about them that I just don’t like! I mean, it’s okay and I’ll finish this cup, but white teas are just not my bag.
So it’s a good thing that A) this was a gift and B) I don’t have very much of it! ;)
I can’t really get much in the way of taste out of it, it doesn’t have much of a smell, and there’s a strange combination of juciness and dryness in the aftertaste that I just don’t care for.
Le sad.
Maybe I’ll have FOUR cups of tea today so that I can end my tea day on an awesome high.
(Although, PS, my mum gave me her space-foam mattress topper and I snuck it home and on the bed before my husband got home from his evening shift. I’ve been campaigning for one of those for A G E S, because our bed is crappy and when my husband even THINKS, I go pitching around like a small paper boat in rough seas. I mean, the bowling ball mattress it ain’t, but it is niiiiice and cushy. I’m wondering how long it’ll take him to figure it out, but I’m pretty sure it’ll be right when he comes home and asks me how my day was and I burst into peals of giggling. I have no poker face. Long story short, THAT should end my day on a high regardless, so I may succumb to my abject laziness and not brew another cup of tea after all that.)

Nice and refreshing. The blueberry adds a nice fruity sweetness, but the licorice root keeps things complex. I’m surprised I like this as much as I do, considering my extreme hatred for licorice.

This was a sample sent by TEAEQUALSBLISS. Thanks! The aroma is grape-y, almost like a soft drink or candy. Smells good! The flavor is fruity and good without tasting like candy. It has enough flavor to keep your interest, not enough tartness or fruitiness to overpower. The aroma is the big thing with this one. A good tea, and very refreshing on this hot day.

I tried to like this one… I really did…. I love blueberries, but I found they really got lost in this blend. I don’t know if i’m off of white tea’s or what, but lately not a single one has done it for me… I think its more just my tastes that didn’t like this one because it smelled great, and it looked beautiful!

got this as a sample from my last online order from davidstea! i love the tiny sample tins.
anyway, doesn’t smell like much dry, but i get a very fragrant blueberry smell once steeped.
honestly, not much of a flavour at all aside from the white tea, which is very nice by the way.
but i dont have many white teas, so this is a nice addition for the time being, until my sampler runs out

Got this for free when i went to David’s Tea today! Loving the taste very mild and very blueberry, my offfice smells like i was baking a blueberry pie in here! all in all a good white tea

Don’t be mistaken; this is a fruity tea. I’m not the biggest fan of fruity teas, but this one is at least quite subtle. The dried tea leaves are not so much – their strong scent almost scared me off the tea entirely. The steeped liquor is the colour of squashed blueberries, a dark-purple grape colour. Its aroma is slightly more reminiscent of pomegranates than blueberries, with a hint of that unique peony scent. Today I’m feeling under the weather, and this tea’s promise of antioxidants suited my desperation to not get sick. White Tiger goes down smooth, and while a break from the orthodox that I prefer, its unique combination of peony, blueberry and pomegranates is somewhat lovely.

Another staple in my household. It’s SO delicious. All I can say is try this tea! Iced or hot, it’s a good one, and we always make sure we have some on hand!

Day 78 (yesterday’s) of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA challenge!

Bought a cuppa in store.

I found it a little strong the first time, though I might have oversteeped it a little. The second and third steeps were much better — lighter, but still very good. It has a strong fruity flavour to it, which I honestly mistook as pineapple before learning it was blueberry and pomegranite. I suppose I need to work on my fruit-identification skills!!

Not bad, in all. Not my overall favourite ever, though, either.

I think the pomegranate in this tea is making this cup not as enjoyable as it could be. I like pomegranate in fruit form but it is leaving a funky taste that I’m not really happy with in my tea.