Banana Split

Rooibos Tea
Banana, Calendula, Cocoa Nibs, Green Rooibos
banana, Chocolate, Creamy, Sweet, Banana, Cream, Malt, Milk, Rooibos, Sugar, Vanilla, Meringue, Candy, Cocoa, Strawberry
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Is there a more perfect dessert than a banana split? From the drizzle of chocolate sauce to the signature sliced banana, it’s three scoops of nostalgic greatness. So, what genius invented this malt shop classic? It wasn’t a restaurateur or even a chef – it was dreamed up in 1904 by David Evans Strickler, a 23-year old apprentice pharmacist in Pennsylvania. And with chocolate, banana and sweet meringue, this rich and creamy treat brings the taste of his soda fountain treat right to your tea cup. Now you can have sundae…every day.

Ingredients: Green rooibos, cocoa nibs, rock sugar, banana chips, calendula, meringue powder, natural and artificial flavouring.

Price: $7.50

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a yummy tea, hot or as a latte. Very creamy, with chocolatey and banana flavours to it. It’s a good sweet dessert tea – if that’s your thing.

Flavors: banana, Chocolate, Creamy, Sweet

Sample from TeainSpoons. Thank you!

Chocolate teas are tricky to get right. Banana teas are also tricky to get right. So, I wasn’t going into this with very high expectations. To my surprise, this is quite good. It has a light, chocolate-banana flavor. There is a bit of a creaminess to it as well, so I understand why they picked the name they did. The rooibos isn’t very noticeable at all, which is a positive thing for me, since I tend not to enjoy rooibos. I would be tempted to make this as a latte, but I imagine it would require a lot of leaf.

Flavors: banana, Chocolate, Creamy, Sweet

This tastes very much like a banana dipped in chocolate. Considering the fact that I don’t like the taste of bananas, I was surprised by the flavours which complimented each other- mainly the banana and chocolate.

There must be something wrong with me because this tea has great reviews. I had high expectations because I love bananas but I did not like this drink. Too sweet and I couldn’t really taste the bananas.

Flavors: Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Definitely a favourite! It is very much a dessert tea, so perfect for kids or tea lovers with a sweet tooth. It was one of my first purchases, and I instantly loved it. I love the hints of calendula, which aren’t completely masked my the sweet, chocolaty, banana goodness that is the rest of the tea. Although delicious, this tea isn’t particularly fancy or refined, so maybe don’t use it to try to impress your mother-in-law :). As well, though the tea is delicious, the after-taste isn’t overly pleasant.

Flavors: banana, Chocolate, Sugar, Sweet

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 240 ML

Good easy sipping…creamy with chocolate, the banana is strong and it is great hot and cold. Too bad it’s limited edition :( but I’m hoping banana nut bread will be just as good

Flavors: banana, Chocolate, Creamy, Vanilla

There are entirely more ingredients in this blend than I prefer. But it’s darn tasty. Creamy chocolate and banana, mmm. Sipdown!

Hello gorgeous!

Opened this one tonight and – my stars – I can taste banana. Mmmmm. Sweet, creamy banana! And, at the end of the sip, just when you least expect it – CHOCOLATE.

I need more of this…

Evol Ving Ness

I was going to make some today but went with Lime Gelato instead.

sundaysipping

I love Lime Gelato! That’s a great tea!

FREGGIN DELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you ccoppens for sharing with me. I love the chocolateyness with the banana understones

Flavors: banana, Chocolate

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more
Chris Coppens

“banana undertones”

Rich chocolate takes centre stage, followed by the gentle flavour of banana. Decadent, full body that balances its main flavour notes perfectly. This tea tastes as close to a gourmet hot chocolate as one can get, and though it’s great cold, it really shines when brewed hot. I don’t think I could get tired of drinking this.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA 2015 Old Timey Treats collection.

Flavors: banana, Chocolate, Meringue