Pistachio Ice Cream

Loose Leaf, Sachet
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool ‘stachio! There’s nothing quite like a bowl of ice cream. Even Roman emperor Nero couldn’t resist its frosty deliciousness. Legend has it he used to send runners into the mountains for snow, which was then flavoured with fruits and nuts. Though he had the right idea, it seems he was missing a key ingredient – pistachios. Sweet and salty, pistachio ice cream is just one of those desserts that keep us coming back for more. And with this nutty blend of black tea and crunchy pistachios, you’ll definitely want two scoops.

Apple pieces, black tea, sliced almonds, pistachios, sweet blackberry leaves, natural and artificial pistachio cream flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not sure when I got a sample size of this, but I’m finishing it up now. I love pistachio flavored things, so I had to give this one a go. I like that it is on a black base and there is a good pistachio flavor at the beginning of the cup. It is sweet on it’s own and I have found cream to dampen the flavors, so I’m avoiding that in my last cup. As the cup cools, it becomes less delicious. More of the fruit comes through, particularly apple and the pistachio takes a supporting role at that point. Overall I like it. I don’t feel the need to go into hoard mode, but I’d get another small pouch of it if I see it on the shelves again.

It has a pleasant smell to it both after opening the bag and while steeping as well. This tea lives up to its name in both smell and taste. It is so delicious!

This creamy, nutty tea hits the spot, especially after the crazy weekend* I’ve had. I need to rest a little with some tea.

*Pokemon Go. I think I spent at least 5 hours on my feet yesterday, between my morning run, finding all the spots on campus, and an evening venture into a park to figure out how a “gym” worked.

This is basically my grail of teas. It’s throaty and rich, with sweetness. It’s like a hand-knitted afghan around you after shoveling the snow. Ahhhh.

Sadly, it’s discontinued, because life isn’t fair. If you live in Canada, you can buy the Spring Collection, which it’s part of, but if you click on the American version of the site, it disappears. I kind of feel like a jerk even discussing it. I’m so close to a sipdown. I can feel my heart splitting along its seams.

Kristal

Unfortunately that is why I have been buying very little from DAVIDs lately: so much of their stuff is temporary and I don’t want to fall in love with something for it just to be discontinued 2-4 months later.

A perfect blend of black tea with nutty almonds and pistachios. Pairs with milk and sweetener for a delicious dessert or a first-thing-in-the-morning treat. This was my first taste of David’s Tea, and a few orders have been placed since. :)

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Couldn’t sleep last night so I’m up early tasting some more of the David’s spring teas.

This actually doesn’t have a whole lot of black tea in it. It’s more pieces of nut and fruit. I decided to add soymilk to it and it got kind of cloudy and congealed looking for some reason — so I wouldn’t recommend doing that! The flavor of this is ok, pretty nutty, definitely pistachio. I’m glad there’s no sweetener in it. I don’t love this but I will likely finish it off someday.

It’s a little better than I thought it would be but for now I need something with more caffeine.

Fjellrev

Weird, I couldn’t either, but I did go back to bed after getting out of bed at 5am and hanging out for a couple hours. You must be pretty tired by now, eh?

TeaBrat

Yeah I stayed up all day and finally crashed around 10 pm or so!

Fjellrev

Hope you had a much better sleep!

This tea is just okay, you need to add a lot to get a strong flavour. I found there was an underlying sour note that I didn’t like. I expected it to have a more smooth, creamy taste and was left disappointed. It was slightly nutty but lacked flavour. I wouldn’t buy this again.

Flavors: Nutty, Sour

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

Oh. My. Goodness. This one is delicious! I just finished my first latte made with this, and absolutely loved it. (Though I had to sneak my sips in, during a dance party with the Tiny Tot) I really wish they were making this one permanent. I’m glad I ordered 4 ounces, and I kinda wish I’d gotten more (Yep, that good)

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love this tea so much. I do wish there was a bit more black tea in this one as I feel there really isn’t much there, but I do love this one. I love the combo of the nuts and creaminess to it. This tea is just so yummy. I do love it as a latte too. :)

apieceofquiche

I really wanted to love this tea, but there are just way too many apples for me. So sad.

The smell of this tea is heavenly! Pistachio is my favorite ice cream flavor, so I came in with high expectations and I wasn’t disappointed. I didn’t add any milk or cream to get more of the ice cream taste, but I loved the nuttiness of this tea. I only got this as a sample, but I’ll definitely be purchasing a full version.

5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

This smells amazing! Reminds me of the fluffy green pistachio puddings I grew up with. Brewed up, there’s a decadent creamy flavour with nut flourishes from the almonds and pistachios. There’s also fruity hints from the apple and blackberry leaves. It definitely carries a nice dessert tea experience. Unfortunately, being a black tea, I’ll rarely be drinking it after dinner.

Flavors: Apple, Blackberry, Cream, Creamy, Nuts, Nutty