The Skinny (organic)

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by canadiangirl798

From DAVIDsTEA

A Chinese secret

Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water. It’s true, water is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body – after all, you’re made out of it. And what better way to jazz water up than with delicious traditional digestives like pu’erh, oolong, ginger and eleuthero root. Go ahead, drink up. The only thing you’ll gain is wisdom. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Chinese oolong tea, Chinese pu’erh tea, ginger, eleuthero root, orange peel. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It is a blend of oolong and pu’erh teas and some orange zest. Over all the taste is quite plain but there is a splash of ginger and citrus flavour! Not necessarily a summer-y kind of citrus but it gives the tea a very clean taste that makes you feel refreshed after drinking it!

This is probably one of my favourite teas. I love the sweet orange and the subtle ginger of this tea. I don’t know if it’s just psychological that since I know this tea is supposed to assist in weight loss it seems to make me feel full or if it actually does curb my cravings and fill me up. Either way, I love it.

I like the zesty taste of this tea. Does it really boost your metabolism? I’m not sure but it makes me feel better when I have a little cold or congestion or just low in energy. I’m not normally a fan of pu-reh but I don’t mind it in this blend. Overall its not one of the “enjoying life more” kind of a tea for me but rather a " I feel like crap & need something" one!

I bought a cup of this tea from DAVIDsTEA quite a while ago, so I unfortunately can’t recall the taste of it too well at the moment. The fact that it didn’t make a huge impression probably speaks a little about the taste itself.
One of the the employees overheard my conversation with a friend where I stated that I didn’t think I’d be able to stomach anything that day, as I’d been severely thrown out of whack. The employee suggested a cup of The Skinny.
As far as the whole stomach calming properties of this tea go, I’ve gotta say, it works pretty well.

I honestly can’t stand how this tea tastes. I’m not really a big fan of tea, so maybe that’s why…but it seems to be working on the “skinny” front. So i’ll keep drinking it, even though I dont like it

This is one of the 3 teas in my regular office lineup. I drink this after a heavy lunch or on those days when I need some calm for my tummy. I love the ginger and citrus notes. I’ve even gotten some of my coworkers trying and buying this tea. When I travel, I usually bring this tea and the Organic Pu’erh Ginger (DavidsTea) to help with digesting the different foods and to curb the travel nausea.

I usually fill a tea bag up with about 3 tsp and use the same tea bag for 3 steepings throughout the day.

I got this tea way back in 2008 and I finally just finished the tea now. S’what happens when things get “organized” in the pantry, I guess. You knew where everything was, then BOOM. Complete disorganization that is masquerading as organization. Ugh.

So. This tea isn’t gross. It’s not good, but it’s not gross. I think I probably liked it significantly more back in 2008 and even 2009, but I can’t say I’m disappointed it’s gone.

The pu’erh gives off a slight fishy-smell, but less than a straight pu’erh would. The ginseng in it always reminds me of the taste of bacon…no idea why. But a fresh cup of this tea always reminds me of bacon. I can taste the citrus a little at the beginning; it starts to become more obvious as the tea cools slightly.

It’s OK. I won’t be refilling the tin with The Skinny.

My favorite oolong! although Prairie Berry is pretty tasty too! I love the orange in it. It isn’t overpowering at all. This tea is soo good and I love that I can get 2-3 steeps out of it!

Not my favourite tea. I like it a lot better then Detox however. I needed something after this weekend of going out and eating not the greatest foods. Its the perfect tea to help calm your stomach. I prefer the second steeping of this tea so I tend to rinse the tea before I steep it. I really like the slight hint of orange favour in the tea.

I love to drink this tea when I’ve eaten too much and my stomach hurts! I think it is caffein free… which is great for after dinner. I don’t actually believe that it causes or helps one loose weight, but I believe it helps with digestion. Its smells and tastes citrus-y but isn’t exactly fruity, it has a deeper stronger taste as well. I always have lots of it on hand.