The Skinny (organic)

Orange Zest, Citrus
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by canadiangirl798

• “*Non-tea related revelation, can skip if desired* So I decided, yesterday, randomly in the morning, that I need to do something about how I am living life. I go to work, sit at my desk, eat...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 919 tasting notes
  • “I should probably buy an herbal ginger tea but this is all I've got so hopefully it'll help settle my stomach. :( I was planning to go for a walk today but I just feel like turtling on the couch...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1694 tasting notes
  • “Hmmm, yet another tea that goes well with bug-fighting!! It's not a serious cold or anything. Still, this really helped me clear my head after a night of celebrating tea with great friends :) YUP....” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1309 tasting notes
  • “My house has strep throat, and I'm trying to ensure I don't get it. Though, the last few days I've been waking up with mild cold symptoms, hoping I don't actually have it already! Either way,...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1045 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A Chinese secret

Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water. It’s true, water is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body – after all, you’re made out of it. And what better way to jazz water up than with delicious traditional digestives like pu’erh, oolong, ginger and eleuthero root. Go ahead, drink up. The only thing you’ll gain is wisdom. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Chinese oolong tea, Chinese pu’erh tea, ginger, eleuthero root, orange peel. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is one of the 3 teas in my regular office lineup. I drink this after a heavy lunch or on those days when I need some calm for my tummy. I love the ginger and citrus notes. I’ve even gotten some of my coworkers trying and buying this tea. When I travel, I usually bring this tea and the Organic Pu’erh Ginger (DavidsTea) to help with digesting the different foods and to curb the travel nausea.

I usually fill a tea bag up with about 3 tsp and use the same tea bag for 3 steepings throughout the day.

I got this tea way back in 2008 and I finally just finished the tea now. S’what happens when things get “organized” in the pantry, I guess. You knew where everything was, then BOOM. Complete disorganization that is masquerading as organization. Ugh.

So. This tea isn’t gross. It’s not good, but it’s not gross. I think I probably liked it significantly more back in 2008 and even 2009, but I can’t say I’m disappointed it’s gone.

The pu’erh gives off a slight fishy-smell, but less than a straight pu’erh would. The ginseng in it always reminds me of the taste of bacon…no idea why. But a fresh cup of this tea always reminds me of bacon. I can taste the citrus a little at the beginning; it starts to become more obvious as the tea cools slightly.

It’s OK. I won’t be refilling the tin with The Skinny.

My favorite oolong! although Prairie Berry is pretty tasty too! I love the orange in it. It isn’t overpowering at all. This tea is soo good and I love that I can get 2-3 steeps out of it!

Not my favourite tea. I like it a lot better then Detox however. I needed something after this weekend of going out and eating not the greatest foods. Its the perfect tea to help calm your stomach. I prefer the second steeping of this tea so I tend to rinse the tea before I steep it. I really like the slight hint of orange favour in the tea.

I love to drink this tea when I’ve eaten too much and my stomach hurts! I think it is caffein free… which is great for after dinner. I don’t actually believe that it causes or helps one loose weight, but I believe it helps with digestion. Its smells and tastes citrus-y but isn’t exactly fruity, it has a deeper stronger taste as well. I always have lots of it on hand.

My first time tasting a pu’erh tea.. and I have to say I am not impressed. I couldn’t drink more then a sip or two, It was gross iced, and the second steep was even worse. I can’t blame DavidsTea though, as I am NOT a ginger fan, nor do I think that I am a pu’erh fan. Too bad I bought 50g… oops ;)

Lemon. Why am I getting lemon from this? The tin says orange peel but my taste buds say “Lemonnnnn!”. Anyway, I find this tea fine. I neither want to sing from the rooftops about it, nor send it down to the bowels of hell. This one’s a refreshing cup, not a comforting cup. Supposedly, the eleuthero root is an adaptogen, which is meant to help your body adjust to stress. I don’t drink it enough to know whether or not that’s true, but there you go.

It took some convincing for me to try this since I don’t like ginger but you can’t really taste the ginger and it’s become one of my favourites- especially for when I have a sore belly!

When I first got this tea I didn’t like it. I thought there was more of a dirt taste than anything else. After giving it another try a few months later, it has become my favorite after lunch tea. It has a nice earthy ginger taste. I enjoy it while working. I guess my palate is improving.

mostly oolong and pu’erh. sounds fancy but the latter is old school tea that’s more bitter-tasting. drank it lots but i’m not skinny!