The Skinny (organic)

Fruit Oolong Pu-erh Blend
Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “*Non-tea related revelation, can skip if desired* So I decided, yesterday, randomly in the morning, that I need to do something about how I am living life. I go to work, sit at my desk, eat...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 810 tasting notes
  • “I should probably buy an herbal ginger tea but this is all I've got so hopefully it'll help settle my stomach. :( I was planning to go for a walk today but I just feel like turtling on the couch...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1353 tasting notes
  • “Hmmm, yet another tea that goes well with bug-fighting!! It's not a serious cold or anything. Still, this really helped me clear my head after a night of celebrating tea with great friends :) YUP....” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1256 tasting notes
  • “My house has strep throat, and I'm trying to ensure I don't get it. Though, the last few days I've been waking up with mild cold symptoms, hoping I don't actually have it already! Either way,...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 930 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A Chinese secret

Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water. It’s true, water is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body – after all, you’re made out of it. And what better way to jazz water up than with delicious traditional digestives like pu’erh, oolong, ginger and eleuthero root. Go ahead, drink up. The only thing you’ll gain is wisdom. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Chinese oolong tea, Chinese pu’erh tea, ginger, eleuthero root, orange peel. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love to drink this tea when I’ve eaten too much and my stomach hurts! I think it is caffein free… which is great for after dinner. I don’t actually believe that it causes or helps one loose weight, but I believe it helps with digestion. Its smells and tastes citrus-y but isn’t exactly fruity, it has a deeper stronger taste as well. I always have lots of it on hand.

My first time tasting a pu’erh tea.. and I have to say I am not impressed. I couldn’t drink more then a sip or two, It was gross iced, and the second steep was even worse. I can’t blame DavidsTea though, as I am NOT a ginger fan, nor do I think that I am a pu’erh fan. Too bad I bought 50g… oops ;)

Lemon. Why am I getting lemon from this? The tin says orange peel but my taste buds say “Lemonnnnn!”. Anyway, I find this tea fine. I neither want to sing from the rooftops about it, nor send it down to the bowels of hell. This one’s a refreshing cup, not a comforting cup. Supposedly, the eleuthero root is an adaptogen, which is meant to help your body adjust to stress. I don’t drink it enough to know whether or not that’s true, but there you go.

It took some convincing for me to try this since I don’t like ginger but you can’t really taste the ginger and it’s become one of my favourites- especially for when I have a sore belly!

When I first got this tea I didn’t like it. I thought there was more of a dirt taste than anything else. After giving it another try a few months later, it has become my favorite after lunch tea. It has a nice earthy ginger taste. I enjoy it while working. I guess my palate is improving.

mostly oolong and pu’erh. sounds fancy but the latter is old school tea that’s more bitter-tasting. drank it lots but i’m not skinny!

I’m not a huge fan of oolong personally, but this one was alright. Light, earthy ginger flavor. Personally, I like my ginger stronger and sweeter :)

I can’t believe I hadn’t tried this until today! Based on the smell my expectations weren’t very high, but this tea proved me wrong. I loved the mellow ginger. Not at all overpowering.I had this a little sweetened and it was delicious. If only it weren’t caffeinated-otherwise the warm, spicy flavour would be perfect for the evening. Has just enough of a kick to be interesting but not so much it needs to be drowned in sweetener.

I LOVE oolong, and am scared of Pu’erh – with the exception of Coffee Pu’erh which feels like I’m cheating… This has an interesting taste of orange and the earthy pu’erh! I don’t like ginger, and didn’t taste it in this tea. It settled my stomach and had a pleasant taste! I’m glad I bought a tin :)