The Skinny (organic)

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by canadiangirl798

From DAVIDsTEA

A Chinese secret

Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water. It’s true, water is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body – after all, you’re made out of it. And what better way to jazz water up than with delicious traditional digestives like pu’erh, oolong, ginger and eleuthero root. Go ahead, drink up. The only thing you’ll gain is wisdom. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Chinese oolong tea, Chinese pu’erh tea, ginger, eleuthero root, orange peel. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Lemon. Why am I getting lemon from this? The tin says orange peel but my taste buds say “Lemonnnnn!”. Anyway, I find this tea fine. I neither want to sing from the rooftops about it, nor send it down to the bowels of hell. This one’s a refreshing cup, not a comforting cup. Supposedly, the eleuthero root is an adaptogen, which is meant to help your body adjust to stress. I don’t drink it enough to know whether or not that’s true, but there you go.

It took some convincing for me to try this since I don’t like ginger but you can’t really taste the ginger and it’s become one of my favourites- especially for when I have a sore belly!

When I first got this tea I didn’t like it. I thought there was more of a dirt taste than anything else. After giving it another try a few months later, it has become my favorite after lunch tea. It has a nice earthy ginger taste. I enjoy it while working. I guess my palate is improving.

mostly oolong and pu’erh. sounds fancy but the latter is old school tea that’s more bitter-tasting. drank it lots but i’m not skinny!

I’m not a huge fan of oolong personally, but this one was alright. Light, earthy ginger flavor. Personally, I like my ginger stronger and sweeter :)

I can’t believe I hadn’t tried this until today! Based on the smell my expectations weren’t very high, but this tea proved me wrong. I loved the mellow ginger. Not at all overpowering.I had this a little sweetened and it was delicious. If only it weren’t caffeinated-otherwise the warm, spicy flavour would be perfect for the evening. Has just enough of a kick to be interesting but not so much it needs to be drowned in sweetener.

I LOVE oolong, and am scared of Pu’erh – with the exception of Coffee Pu’erh which feels like I’m cheating… This has an interesting taste of orange and the earthy pu’erh! I don’t like ginger, and didn’t taste it in this tea. It settled my stomach and had a pleasant taste! I’m glad I bought a tin :)

When I’m sick a cup of the skinny soothes my throat, but when I’m looking to drink something before a big meal I make a big jug of it iced and voila no more room for the extra piece of dessert. I prefer it iced and sweetened. Don’t let it steep for too long or the ginger will overpower the tea.

I tried this at the Grant Park mall this morning and YUCK! It was served cool but I don’t think hot/cold would make any difference.