The Skinny (organic)

Fruit Oolong Pu-erh Blend
Citrus, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “*Non-tea related revelation, can skip if desired* So I decided, yesterday, randomly in the morning, that I need to do something about how I am living life. I go to work, sit at my desk, eat...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 889 tasting notes
  • “I should probably buy an herbal ginger tea but this is all I've got so hopefully it'll help settle my stomach. :( I was planning to go for a walk today but I just feel like turtling on the couch...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1641 tasting notes
  • “Hmmm, yet another tea that goes well with bug-fighting!! It's not a serious cold or anything. Still, this really helped me clear my head after a night of celebrating tea with great friends :) YUP....” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1292 tasting notes
  • “My house has strep throat, and I'm trying to ensure I don't get it. Though, the last few days I've been waking up with mild cold symptoms, hoping I don't actually have it already! Either way,...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1019 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A Chinese secret

Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water. It’s true, water is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body – after all, you’re made out of it. And what better way to jazz water up than with delicious traditional digestives like pu’erh, oolong, ginger and eleuthero root. Go ahead, drink up. The only thing you’ll gain is wisdom. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Chinese oolong tea, Chinese pu’erh tea, ginger, eleuthero root, orange peel. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I LOVE oolong, and am scared of Pu’erh – with the exception of Coffee Pu’erh which feels like I’m cheating… This has an interesting taste of orange and the earthy pu’erh! I don’t like ginger, and didn’t taste it in this tea. It settled my stomach and had a pleasant taste! I’m glad I bought a tin :)

When I’m sick a cup of the skinny soothes my throat, but when I’m looking to drink something before a big meal I make a big jug of it iced and voila no more room for the extra piece of dessert. I prefer it iced and sweetened. Don’t let it steep for too long or the ginger will overpower the tea.

I tried this at the Grant Park mall this morning and YUCK! It was served cool but I don’t think hot/cold would make any difference.

Tried this after someone suggested it, tastes alot lighter than I expected it would based on the smell, but I am a big fan of oolong and really do enjoy the subtle earthy blend with citrus and ginseng. :)

A really pleasant, calming tea. Reminds me of ‘Mothers Little Helper’ (Davids) and ‘That Time of the Month’ from theteashop. I was originally turned off this tea because of its name. I don’t want to think about “weight loss” while enjoying a soothing tea and no tea will make you lose weight. But I got a bit in my Christmas advent sampler and really enjoyed it.

This one is surprisingly nice! It has a really dark color when it’s ready, and I was scared because I usually don’t like pu’erh but this one is nice. It’s not too strong, but I could’nt taste much of the oolong in it. It’s mostly lemon en ginger, but more lemon than ginger to me! I haven’t seen any slimming effects, but I like it after a big meal.

This one just didn’t do it for me. I felt like I was sucking bark off a tree. I wanted to like it – who wouldn’t with a name like “The Skinny”.

This tea is amazing. I love it.

If I’m ever feeling nauseated or bloated, this tea is the cure. It’s light and citrusy and always makes me feel better. Plus, it tastes great!

im goingto give this one another chance but at first taste i dont love it. Could be the ginger and as some people have mentioned the smell is not awe inspiring.