The Skinny (organic)

Orange Zest, Citrus
Low
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by canadiangirl798

• “*Non-tea related revelation, can skip if desired* So I decided, yesterday, randomly in the morning, that I need to do something about how I am living life. I go to work, sit at my desk, eat...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 918 tasting notes
  • “I should probably buy an herbal ginger tea but this is all I've got so hopefully it'll help settle my stomach. :( I was planning to go for a walk today but I just feel like turtling on the couch...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1694 tasting notes
  • “Hmmm, yet another tea that goes well with bug-fighting!! It's not a serious cold or anything. Still, this really helped me clear my head after a night of celebrating tea with great friends :) YUP....” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1308 tasting notes
  • “My house has strep throat, and I'm trying to ensure I don't get it. Though, the last few days I've been waking up with mild cold symptoms, hoping I don't actually have it already! Either way,...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1045 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A Chinese secret

Looking for the next big beauty secret or weight loss trend? Let us give you a hint: try water. It’s true, water is just about the healthiest thing you can put in your body – after all, you’re made out of it. And what better way to jazz water up than with delicious traditional digestives like pu’erh, oolong, ginger and eleuthero root. Go ahead, drink up. The only thing you’ll gain is wisdom. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Chinese oolong tea, Chinese pu’erh tea, ginger, eleuthero root, orange peel. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I completely forgot that I had this one laying around! This was another sample I received with my last order. I have to say I’m conflicted with this one. The initial smell is that of ginger and citrus, but when it’s brewed the smell reminds me a lot of the Aveda Men product line. I love the smell in the product, but not so much in tea. The taste is not too bad though; the ginger is not too overpowering and I still get the citrus. It’s a tad woodsy as well. I am glad I got to try The Skinny, but I don’t think I’ll be purchasing it.

whatshesaid

I feel like the only reason anyone really buys this is because they used to claim it helped weight loss, they told me that in the store when they first opened here a few years ago. I don’t think they’re allowed to say that anymore though!

Allie

I think that was one of the only ways they could sell it easier. I tried drinking it all, but the ginger became more prominent as it cooled and I have an aversion to a lot of ginger. I had to pour the rest out.

So this is one that I forgot to log last week. I had brewed it for christmas eve morning for my work morning. I think I may have steeped it too long, as the taste just was really strong. Maybe I just didn’t enjoy the smell and taste of the ginger. But I ended up dumping it in the sink. So I may try it again and steep it lightly.

I LOVE this tea. I could drink it all day. It’s so clean tasting, and satisfying by itself. I don’t know how to describe it, it just works.

Day 74 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA challenge. Catching up on the backlog once again!

Dumped the advent tin into my two-cupper.

So I totally mistook this as an herbal tea when I first brewed it. Which would be why I dumped it all in, and brewed it for quite as long as I did. Which, as it turns out, isn’t far from how it should be steeped. It was quite nice for the first cup, but the second cup was all bitter and… well, I figured out what I did wrong. The resteep agreed with the first cup on the true, nicer flavour of the tea.

It has a nice citrus tang to it from the orange. I could taste the tea in it, which I think confused me because I wasn’t quite sure what it was, having convinced myself it was, in fact, an herbal tea.

I’d like to try this again now that I understand the nature of the tea. I’ll have to get some and try it out again sometime soon.

I will say, though, having been subject to a church potluck and then Sunday dinner, this tea did its job as a good digestive aid! Probably worth it for this benifit alone!

Dear God, why did I have that second serving of mac and cheese? Hoping this helps settle the tummy some.

This is another one of those teas that I so dearly wanted to like, but just couldn’t.

It tasted very much like dishwater to me. The citrus quality to it was too overpowering to add anything like milk or cream to it, so that was definitely not an enhancement option.

The orange peel taste made sweetening the drink a task because you’d either oversweeten it or undersweeten it—it was hard to find a good amount of sweetener to balance it out.

Overall, while I didn’t throw up after drinking it, and I’d finish every steep I make, the tea tasted too healthy for my liking. Maybe it’s because I don’t like the taste of orange peel? I really don’t know. I’m pretty sure it is at its best steeped plain already. But its best is just not to my liking.

Like something that tastes healthy and citrusy? You’ll like this.

Like teas that have a nice taste plain or paired with milk and sugar? Walk away. Far, far away.

I always avoid this tea, but I don’t know why. It’s very good!

It’s rich and full and I guess the scent doesn’t really give me that impression. The scent and description also worry me because I HATE ginger in tea. But, I don’t mind it here! It does have a little zing, but I think all the flavours meld together nicely to make it smooth. I even steeped for a good 5 minutes and it doesn’t bother me.

I’m not sure about the “skinny” part of this tea, but I’ll settle for a placebo effect. It’s got to be doing something by having me drink it instead of snack before bed, right? Perhaps the ginger disguised in this will help keep me healthy, too, as I’ve felt like I’m coming down with something.

I dunno about skinny-ness from drinking this or any other tea, but something did counteract my last pigout. Maybe this tea. Maybe not.

It’s sharp with the ginger and ginseng. Quite hot with the ginger if you steep it over 3 minutes. The pu-ehr itself is almost lost until the gentle aftertaste.

Overall, I really like it once I start drinking it, but it’s not a go-to tea. Given my jeans size, perhaps it should be. ;) This one is like Earl Grey for me: I have to be in the mood for it, but when I am, nothing else will do.

you can’t go wrong with this tea…love the flav…love the smell, love what it does for my tummy when it has exceeded its eating capacity :)

I’ve had this sitting in my tea pantry for over 8 months and finally decided to try it today.

As a loose tea this smells like a creamy, orange-y black tea with a tiny bit of ginger spiciness but it brews up very mellow and you don’t taste the pu’erh too much (which is a good thing since I’m not particularly fond of pu’erh). I can’t really describe the flavour since it’s not too distinct but I don’t find it as citrusy as other reviewers have commented. I let this steep for a good 7 minutes to get the full flavour and beautiful colour out and it can easily been steeped a second time. I like this after a heavy, greasy meal – I feel like it helps rinse some of the grease out of my system.