Detox (organic)

Lemon Zest, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

At first I was nervous to drink this tea given that the scent reminded me ever so slightly of Gail’s Organic Cold Remedy, but I had to give it a shot since it came from my calendar and it would just be a shame to forgo one. (Sometimes the thought of getting a new tea is the motivation I need to haul my butt out of bed right now.)

Imagine my pleasant surprise then, when I find that this tea tastes pretty well nothing like the cold remedy. It’s still not, in my opinion, the most delicious tea I’ve ever had, but frankly it could have been a lot worse. I’m glad to say that the lemon grass does not over power this tea which is making for a much more enjoyable drink.

I remember about a year and a half ago when I first started to get into tea, detox was a favourite of mine. This was before I understood that when it comes to green tea, one must not pour boiling hot water on the leaves so the leaves don’t burn and you get a bitter aftertaste. Detox was the first “green tea” that I enjoyed-largely because it didn’t taste like green tea! However, now that I know how to properly make green tea, it’s been a while since I’ve had detox. Sadly, I am no longer a fan because all it tastes like to me is lemony rooibos. I love lemongrass and rooibos, but not when either taste is overpowering. The rooibos does do a good job of covering up any bitter taste one would usually get from pouring boiling water over green leaves, but my mouth does dry out a bit just like it would from the burnt green tea.

Overall I don’t think I’ll buy this again. I’m glad my brother likes this tea; I’ll give him most of it.

Worst tea i’ve ever bought. At first i kinda liked the smell but after a few days, i thought it smelt horrible. For some reason, it gave me a head ache. i made some as an ice tea and it wasn’t that good. I found someone who liked the tea, so i gave it to them. I know im not gonna buy it again :) I really love DAVIDs TEA and i have many teas i love from there, but this one is at the bottom of the list.

I personally love the taste of this tea… though it may not have always been this way. I find its quite an acquired taste and after about 4 or more cups of sipping this tea thinking “It’ll clear my system and make me feel brand new” I find it doesn’t taste like medicine anymore. I drink this about 4 times a week and need it now more then ever since yesterday was Saint Patrick’s Day and I may have indulged in certain beverages that need to be cleared from my system. I enjoy this beneficial tea!

This tea wasn’t half bad, but I thought it tasted more like herbal tea than actual tea. I didn’t hate it, I didn’t LOVE it, maybe I got something wrong while steeping it, I don’t know. It’s true that I tasted this one two days after New Years party. Maybe next time I’ll drink it while still hungover see if I like it better.

For a green tea, I thought that it was pretty good. After a weekend at the in-laws and a lot of eating, this tasted really good. Not too sweet, but a little hint of sweetness.
I find it similar to The Skinny and I guess it serves similar purposes.
It isn’t something that I would drink everyday, but something I might keep on hand for those hang-over (from food or drink!) days.

Day 6 of my Advent Calendar.

Yet another tea I’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to.

I like it, i can definitely see myself reaching for this after a night of partying.

might go to the store and pick up 25g to have for new years day!

flavour-wise, i wouldn’t drink this tea on a daily basis, but one of those teas i keep around for the benefits. tastes truly medicinal, but that’s alright with me right now.
mixed with some Ginger & Ginseng from Silk Road, it’s more tolerable.
overall pretty excellent for making me feel better!

Boiling 8 min or more

The only thing I really have to say about this one is “nyeh”. It’s tea. It’s one of those things that, yeah maybe it’s good for you, but I’m not fussy about it. Nor do I not like it. I got this in my advent calendar, and there’s enough for two servings in each container. So I’ll try it again on a day when I’m not feeling 100% and see if I like it better then. It wasn’t anything special for me, and I couldn’t really pinpoint any of the flavors in it. It was just “tea” (if that makes aaannyy sense).

This is my day #6 of the David’s Tea “24 Days of Tea” advent calendar.

I keep saying this is not my favorite tea, but seem to have it every morning as I go to work. I like the name, I feel that whatever is going on around me will be better because I have had my Detox potion in the morning to prevent any wrong doings in the day or in the evening. I do like the taste, a bit strong but satisfying and keep going back