Detox (organic)

Green Tea
Ginger, Gingko, Juniper, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Organic Rooibos, Sencha
Ginger, Grass, Rooibos, Lemongrass, Medicinal, Plums, Blackberry, Cut grass, Herbs, Spicy, Green Wood, Lemon, Mint, Lemon Zest, Wood
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hum, Rooibos and Sencha with a Citrus flavor?

Balance: Good, but a little… strange.
Special characteristic : Sencha with citrus?
Worth the price : 6.50$ for 50g, yeah…

Etc.: I personally think that the sencha taste mixed with the citrusy flavor is great, but sometime weird in the mouth. Anyway, if you forgot the little Sencha, everything in this blend is great! I personally prefer Some Velvet Morning because of the really great blend between the green chinese tea, the citrus and the subtile tangerine which are really well balanced. But, the Detox berries mixed with the tangerine taste would be the best.

I had this earlier. It tasted fine by me. I really enjoyed the juniper. It tastes exactly as a medicinal, herbal, tea would taste like, but maybe a little too light (which threw me off guard). Then again, I will try steeping it longer. I was just apprehensive to steep it more than 3 minutes because of the green tea, but I think there is enough rooibos to mask any extreme bitterness. OH! Also I actually did appreciate how underplayed the lemongrass was, because sometimes I just hate lemongrass.

#ProjectTeaWall

Finally checking off the last flavoured green on the list for project tea wall.

I took forever getting around to this one because I just don’t think it sounds good and every time I’ve opened the tin up for a customer I’ve thought it smelled unpleasant too. The ingredients are a little iffy in my books too…

All in all, I didn’t hate this. I mean, I finished the whole mug which is definitely a good sign. The best part was the juniper. I felt like I could taste it pretty well, and I like juniper a lot. The rest though? It was very wood-y with underlying grassy notes and then a strong lemon flavour which tasted very medicinal to me; neo-citron like, really.

Yeah; not buying into the hype of this one any time soon…

I’ve been having regular acupuncture treatments lately and it’s been pretty awesome.

Currently, I seem to be needing more cooling foods and teas according to my yin-yang body balance. Black tea, my usual daytime go-to, is more warming than green, so I am zeroing in on more green teas these days. I haven’t discovered where white and yellow teas stand in this yet.

This is not all that much a green tea, more of a rooibos really, but with the small amount green tea in it, I wouldn’t drink it at night. I have a small amount of this and I may as well work my way through it.

It’s ok. The ginger in it messes up the whole cooling aspect of green tea because ginger is warming. What to do, what to do. Tea blends are a challenge when trying to follow this philosophy of body balancing.

The tea is ok. Nothing I would necessarily crave or reach for. Probably more of a cold weather tea.

Thankfully, this is one of the teas from DT’s collection before they decided to sweeten everything to death.

Flavors: Ginger, Grass, Rooibos

Meh, not loving the flavor, but I’m guessing people don’t buy this for the taste. Going by the ingredients, it seems like it might reasonably have some detox powers. I like the hint of lemon in this, wish that was stronger. The taste in general is just murky herbal.

Blah. Didn’t like the taste.

daily resolution 12/14
I really, really wanted to like this, but I’m afraid I was expecting a green tea and cannot get past the rooibos. The taste is very strong, almost medicinal, and makes me feel slightly nauseous? Probably the rooibos.
I’d love to get these lemongrass and ginger notes on a proper green tea base.
Getting a plummy aftertaste on the second steep. Huh.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemongrass, Medicinal, Plums, Rooibos

I don’t really care for the taste :/ . There is too much roiboos in it for my taste. It doesn’t really taste like anything. I purchased it because I wanted a detox tea as part of my resolutions but, I don’t know. It really doesn’t make a good impression on me.

Ugh overpowering juniper

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Got distracted while drinking this – not sure what I thought!