Detox (organic)

Green Tea
Ginger, Gingko, Juniper, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Organic Rooibos, Sencha
Ginger, Grass, Rooibos, Lemongrass, Medicinal, Plums, Blackberry, Cut grass, Herbs, Spicy, Green Wood, Lemon, Mint, Lemon Zest, Wood
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hum, Rooibos and Sencha with a Citrus flavor?

Balance: Good, but a little… strange.
Special characteristic : Sencha with citrus?
Worth the price : 6.50$ for 50g, yeah…

Etc.: I personally think that the sencha taste mixed with the citrusy flavor is great, but sometime weird in the mouth. Anyway, if you forgot the little Sencha, everything in this blend is great! I personally prefer Some Velvet Morning because of the really great blend between the green chinese tea, the citrus and the subtile tangerine which are really well balanced. But, the Detox berries mixed with the tangerine taste would be the best.

I’ve been having regular acupuncture treatments lately and it’s been pretty awesome.

Currently, I seem to be needing more cooling foods and teas according to my yin-yang body balance. Black tea, my usual daytime go-to, is more warming than green, so I am zeroing in on more green teas these days. I haven’t discovered where white and yellow teas stand in this yet.

This is not all that much a green tea, more of a rooibos really, but with the small amount green tea in it, I wouldn’t drink it at night. I have a small amount of this and I may as well work my way through it.

It’s ok. The ginger in it messes up the whole cooling aspect of green tea because ginger is warming. What to do, what to do. Tea blends are a challenge when trying to follow this philosophy of body balancing.

The tea is ok. Nothing I would necessarily crave or reach for. Probably more of a cold weather tea.

Thankfully, this is one of the teas from DT’s collection before they decided to sweeten everything to death.

Flavors: Ginger, Grass, Rooibos

Meh, not loving the flavor, but I’m guessing people don’t buy this for the taste. Going by the ingredients, it seems like it might reasonably have some detox powers. I like the hint of lemon in this, wish that was stronger. The taste in general is just murky herbal.

Blah. Didn’t like the taste.

daily resolution 12/14
I really, really wanted to like this, but I’m afraid I was expecting a green tea and cannot get past the rooibos. The taste is very strong, almost medicinal, and makes me feel slightly nauseous? Probably the rooibos.
I’d love to get these lemongrass and ginger notes on a proper green tea base.
Getting a plummy aftertaste on the second steep. Huh.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemongrass, Medicinal, Plums, Rooibos

I don’t really care for the taste :/ . There is too much roiboos in it for my taste. It doesn’t really taste like anything. I purchased it because I wanted a detox tea as part of my resolutions but, I don’t know. It really doesn’t make a good impression on me.

Ugh overpowering juniper

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Got distracted while drinking this – not sure what I thought!

I got this blend several weeks ago and I am quite happy with it. It has this mild lemongrass bitterness, hints of berries. Don’t let it steep for too long, it might become too bitter.

Flavors: Blackberry, Cut grass, Lemongrass

Smell is gross and medicinal. I’ve steeped this a few times and a weird impending sense of doom comes over me like, “blech, now I am going to have to drink that”. At first, I thought I liked the juniper. Boy, was I wrong. I’m giving this tea another shot because the taste is slightly better than the aroma but it is one of my least favourite teas from David’s. I actually don’t think I can finish this cup.

And for the record, I do not believe that “detox” teas can help with weight loss or health in the way they’re advertised.