Detox (organic)

Green Tea
Ginger, Gingko, Juniper, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Organic Rooibos, Sencha
Ginger, Herbs, Rooibos, Spicy, Green Wood, Lemongrass, Lemon, Mint, Lemon Zest, Wood
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hum, Rooibos and Sencha with a Citrus flavor?

Balance: Good, but a little… strange.
Special characteristic : Sencha with citrus?
Worth the price : 6.50$ for 50g, yeah…

Etc.: I personally think that the sencha taste mixed with the citrusy flavor is great, but sometime weird in the mouth. Anyway, if you forgot the little Sencha, everything in this blend is great! I personally prefer Some Velvet Morning because of the really great blend between the green chinese tea, the citrus and the subtile tangerine which are really well balanced. But, the Detox berries mixed with the tangerine taste would be the best.

Happy 2015, everyone! I’m feeling a liiiiiittle affected by a wine/champagne hangover this morning, so I decided to try this one (thank you tea Christmas presents!). I don’t usually drink green tea first thing in the morning, but this one isn’t bad – and I hope it lives up to the name, LOL. My system definitely needs a recharge this morning.

I received this as part of the David’s 12 Top Teas gift set – it’s the first one I reached for as I felt very run-down, with a sore throat and runny nose after a very busy and hectic holiday. I didn’t expect it to taste good as it’s a detox tea but I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the smooth, herbal flavor and silky feeling that soothed my throat. Here’s to hoping that it will make me and all of you feel a little better.

Flavors: Ginger, Herbs, Rooibos, Spicy

I was pleasantly surprised by this tea. I’ve tried other detox teas and they were not drinkable they were so gross. This one had a distinct taste though I can’t put my finger on what it is. This was quite delicious though

I was so confused when I smelt the tea… because I could literally not smell the leaves. So I got so curious and had to try it again. Got it in the Davidstea advent calendar and I could honestly not even recall trying it the first time. Was it so forgettable?

Upon steeping I could smell the ginger. It’s also slightly woody. Very comforting scents.

Without sugar: woody is the only word I can think of to describe this.
With sugar (a teaspoon or a little less): still woody but sweeter. Usually putting a little sugar helps bring out the flavors more for me, but this time there’s no discernable change in flavor except for it being a little sweeter.

Verdict: Drink without sugar! This would be a great concentration type tea to drink while studying.

Future tea tasting: Experiment putting a little more than a teaspoon, tea feels a little weak.

In all honesty though, this is a pretty forgettable tea for me! It’s great for when you want a neutral drink though.

Made my way to Day 5 of the advent calendar.

Continuing on catching up with my DavidsTea advent calendar.

Dry – Very, very light lemongrass scent and ginger. No actual juniper berry in my sample. Lots of little broken up bits.

Steeped – Smells like candied ginger. A little medicinal. Lots of the little bits went through my strainer, kind of annoying. Reddish brown in color.

Taste – Light citrus note, kinda medicinal. A bit of burn from the ginger in the aftertaste. It does remind me of gin.

Not really into this tea either. Maybe if I were sick or actually needed some detoxing. I will try this again when I get to that point.

Flavors: Ginger, Green Wood, Lemongrass

Day 5 of the 24 Days of Tea calendar

I had never had this one before, and honestly had no intention of trying it. When I saw it was in the calendar, I thought “uh, oh. Another one I’ll just end up giving away. Boo.” But…convinced myself to try it after smelling it. Smells interesting! Like lemongrass, a bit of…ginger? An interesting mix of flavours that I wouldn’t have thought to put together, and that’s the best way to describe it.

The taste was much the same: an interesting mix of flavours that I wouldn’t have thought to put together. It wasn’t unpleasant, it was just weird. And because there are so many other teas that I actually LIKE instead of it being “not unpleasant but weird”, I doubt I’ll ever buy this. If someone was offering me a cup, I wouldn’t turn it down.

Verdict: am unlikely to buy, but it’s not bad.

Day 5 of the advent calendar. I enjoyed this tea. It surprised me. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did. Has a mild herb flavour. I am not a fan of ginger and thankfully it’s very understated in this tea. I could easily drink this tea every day. It goes down easy. Good stuff!

Flavors: Ginger, Herbs

Sweet. Good mix of flavours. Juniper berries give a pine-line flavour. The lemongrass is very well balanced.

Yep, I definitely taste the rooibos in this tea, that sickly sweetly yet-bitter taste that I can’t stand, overwhelming the brew. The lemongrass works to combat it a little, and the warmth of the ginger makes for a nice after-note, saving this from being completely gross. Yet, this one is still going to be a nope from me. Nope for Rooibos.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemongrass, Rooibos