Detox (organic)

Green Tea
Ginger, Gingko, Juniper, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Organic Rooibos, Sencha
Ginger, Lemongrass, Medicinal, Plums, Rooibos, Blackberry, Cut grass, Herbs, Spicy, Green Wood, Lemon, Mint, Lemon Zest, Wood
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hum, Rooibos and Sencha with a Citrus flavor?

Balance: Good, but a little… strange.
Special characteristic : Sencha with citrus?
Worth the price : 6.50$ for 50g, yeah…

Etc.: I personally think that the sencha taste mixed with the citrusy flavor is great, but sometime weird in the mouth. Anyway, if you forgot the little Sencha, everything in this blend is great! I personally prefer Some Velvet Morning because of the really great blend between the green chinese tea, the citrus and the subtile tangerine which are really well balanced. But, the Detox berries mixed with the tangerine taste would be the best.

Blah. Didn’t like the taste.

daily resolution 12/14
I really, really wanted to like this, but I’m afraid I was expecting a green tea and cannot get past the rooibos. The taste is very strong, almost medicinal, and makes me feel slightly nauseous? Probably the rooibos.
I’d love to get these lemongrass and ginger notes on a proper green tea base.
Getting a plummy aftertaste on the second steep. Huh.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemongrass, Medicinal, Plums, Rooibos

I don’t really care for the taste :/ . There is too much roiboos in it for my taste. It doesn’t really taste like anything. I purchased it because I wanted a detox tea as part of my resolutions but, I don’t know. It really doesn’t make a good impression on me.

Ugh overpowering juniper

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Got distracted while drinking this – not sure what I thought!

I got this blend several weeks ago and I am quite happy with it. It has this mild lemongrass bitterness, hints of berries. Don’t let it steep for too long, it might become too bitter.

Flavors: Blackberry, Cut grass, Lemongrass

Smell is gross and medicinal. I’ve steeped this a few times and a weird impending sense of doom comes over me like, “blech, now I am going to have to drink that”. At first, I thought I liked the juniper. Boy, was I wrong. I’m giving this tea another shot because the taste is slightly better than the aroma but it is one of my least favourite teas from David’s. I actually don’t think I can finish this cup.

And for the record, I do not believe that “detox” teas can help with weight loss or health in the way they’re advertised.

Happy 2015, everyone! I’m feeling a liiiiiittle affected by a wine/champagne hangover this morning, so I decided to try this one (thank you tea Christmas presents!). I don’t usually drink green tea first thing in the morning, but this one isn’t bad – and I hope it lives up to the name, LOL. My system definitely needs a recharge this morning.

I received this as part of the David’s 12 Top Teas gift set – it’s the first one I reached for as I felt very run-down, with a sore throat and runny nose after a very busy and hectic holiday. I didn’t expect it to taste good as it’s a detox tea but I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the smooth, herbal flavor and silky feeling that soothed my throat. Here’s to hoping that it will make me and all of you feel a little better.

Flavors: Ginger, Herbs, Rooibos, Spicy