Detox (organic)

Lemon Zest, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Hum, Rooibos and Sencha with a Citrus flavor?

Balance: Good, but a little… strange.
Special characteristic : Sencha with citrus?
Worth the price : 6.50$ for 50g, yeah…

Etc.: I personally think that the sencha taste mixed with the citrusy flavor is great, but sometime weird in the mouth. Anyway, if you forgot the little Sencha, everything in this blend is great! I personally prefer Some Velvet Morning because of the really great blend between the green chinese tea, the citrus and the subtile tangerine which are really well balanced. But, the Detox berries mixed with the tangerine taste would be the best.

This is not for me. All I could taste in this was the rooibos, maybe a bit of the lemongrass. I will be passing this one on to someone else.

Another tea. Lots of bathroom breaks today. I’m surprised I don’t have a stomach ache from all the new weird flavours I’m putting into myself today.

Anyways, the tea. Mostly getting a green tea smell from it. It’s steeped up fairly dark for a green tea, which worries me.

Taste so far is just the lemongrass, but it’s also very hot still. As it cools though, all I’m getting is the green tea and the lemongrass. I’m not noticing the juniper berries the way I had hoped. It’s not bad, but as someone that isn’t much of a green tea fan, I’m not really enjoying this one.

Tonight I’m going to have to drink something I absolutely love to cleanse my palette after all these teas that I’m not a fan of…

Second steep of today’s leaves just as strong (?). Third steep I think there’s still some flavour in there but I’d really need some of the first and second steeps to compare, and I drank ’em all up already.

Definitely worth one resteep to get the most out of this blend as you can.

P.S. the burger was delicious.

Why is this so disgusting?? it is made up of all components I like…. Rooibos, good, sencha, wonderful, ginger and all the others awesome!
It tastes like cleaner. Like spray bathroom cleaner.
It’s astringent, but not like the usual ginger astringency.
It tastes foul.

I seriously do not understand why!

Boiling 1 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML

Thought I would hate the taste of this tea- as Detox doesn’t suggest anything delicious. I’m not a big lemon fan and though the lemongrass in this is pretty strong— it’s not totally overpowering. My first ever cup of this a week or so ago was ‘meh’ take it or leave it. I’ve sweeteened it with some natural agave nectar but something with some more flavour might help make it a little better.

Drank a large cup this morning and brought my Bodum press full with me to work this morning- drinking it largely in hopes that the ginger would calm my upset stomach. It definitely helped there and after drinking that much in so little time…well it definitely…cleaned me out.

I have a little stackable tin of this and would replace it but I doubt I’d ever buy a full tin.

This tea is letting me think those Mallomars were okay to indulge on. A detox is much needed, and I think this will do. Not very strong, which isn’t surprising for DAVIDsTEA, but the ginger is definitely there, mmmm

Detox is great! I tried it in the store, when it was one of the teas of the day. I want to buy more of this tea really soon! it tastes wonderful, a very clean taste, very fruity and citrus-y at the same time :)

I’ve heard from others that it cleared their faces and and enhanced their states of mind :P So I am yet to experience this when I go buy some and drink as much as my heart desires!

Wow! This tea makes for the most enjoyable detox ever. Really, really enjoyed the rooibos and subtle ginger tastes. My whole family loves it. Thanks DAVIDsTEA!

great tea for constipation