Detox (organic)

Fruit Green Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It smells better than it tastes. I don’t drink this tea very often but I always have some on tab. I tend to drink it after a night of drinking and junk food and I feel it helps my stomach. Perhaps I’m just a sucker for the word ‘detox’! It mostly smells and tastes lemon-y to me.

Beautiful tea. I was introduced to it at the David’s Tea at Pearson Airport when I had a pounding, sickening headache. They made it for me as an iced tea and my headache was blasted. I now love it hot or cold with its lemongrass and juniper berries and magical ginger for my head!

it’s a detox tea kind of morning.

Yuck. Tastes really medicinal, maybe it’s the juniper berries? Thankfully I don’t have much of this as I won’t be drinking it again.

While I do like this tea, I have to admit it might mostly be a mental thing. The flavours are all things I enjoy- especially ginger- but it just doesn’t have any punch to it. It’s a little spicy from the ginger and has a bit of a bite to it. When I’m feeling a bit yucky, or just want to feel good about what I put in my body, I pull this tin off the shelf. I swear it helps settle my tummy, but then again, that could just be a placebo effect!

I brought it back to the store to exchange it, theres a strong taste and smell to it that I dislike.

On the sixth day of Tea-mas DAVIDsTEA gave to me….

It’s the lemongrass that really hits me with this tea, which is good — I happen to love lemongrass. It’s relaxing, and a nice, “natural”-tasting flavour. I look forward to having it again when I need the detox, to see how it makes me feel then. But today? It was just a nice breath of fresh air, and a relaxing match for my daily reading.

Oh, and it didn’t seem to oversteep when I left it alone for a long while, which is ALWAYS a plus.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

So I just tried this and I’ve got to say, I’m not in love with it. It’s not bad, it just doesn’t have a distinct flavour, other than lemongrass, to me. I thought that with the juniper berries and rooibos that the flavours would be deep and build up gradually… Maybe I built it up too much?

I’m a big fan of DT, but I won’t be buying a full tin of this tea any time soon.

Tried some of this today to get last night out of my system and to help get my head into study mode.

I’m frankly shocked that I didn’t hate this tea, because the smell was not that appealing to me. Nor was the first sip. Or five. But the longer I let this tea cool, the better it was – room temp was the best. Still, I don’t particularily like the taste, and it’s not something that I find easy to drink when my stomach is already unsettled. I’m going to have to pass on this one.