Detox (organic)

Green Tea
Ginger, Gingko, Juniper, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Organic Rooibos, Sencha
Lemon, Lemongrass, Mint, Lemon Zest, Wood
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

great tea for constipation

I just bought this yesterday. The smell is strange!!! I don’t know how to describe it…kind of spicy, almost something you would expect on a spice rack. I wanted to try it as it was a detox tea, hoping for a little pick me up. The smell before and after are completely different so don’t be put off by the initial smell of the tea leaves. It tastes quite nice, I was quite surprized.

Wow, this smelled wayyyy better in the store! When I get home, I always like to smell my teas. I find it funny how they always smell so different than when they are in the store. Anyway, from the smell of this tea, I could already detect a bitter note aswell as a lighter, lemony taste from the lemon grass. Those flavours really do come through in the tea once it is steeped but I have yet to decide whether or not this is a good thing…This is one that I can’t picture myself wanting to drink all the time but, as the tea did claim, it definetely gave me a bit of a pick-me-up! I felt really fresh once I was done my cup…I can definetely see why they chose to name it detox. For this rating, please note that I am ONLY marking it on taste.

Organic Detox is one of my favourite teas. Right away when you open the canister you can smell the strong aroma. The tea itself is a golden / brown colour when it’s steeped, nothing too exciting.

The lemongrass and natural lemon flavouring is the most noticeable when tasting, though certainly not overwhelming. The juniper berries and and ginger add to the complexity too, making it very tasty. It’s certainly not a sweet tasting tea if that’s what you’re looking for.

Something interesting to note about Detox is that it does in fact make you feel better! I always drink it when I’m feeling a little bit sick or just a little gross after an unhealthy meal, and it makes me feel much better. When I bought it, the lady working at Davids Tea told me that it’s good for hangovers, and after some testing, I can confirm this!

It smells better than it tastes. I don’t drink this tea very often but I always have some on tab. I tend to drink it after a night of drinking and junk food and I feel it helps my stomach. Perhaps I’m just a sucker for the word ‘detox’! It mostly smells and tastes lemon-y to me.

Beautiful tea. I was introduced to it at the David’s Tea at Pearson Airport when I had a pounding, sickening headache. They made it for me as an iced tea and my headache was blasted. I now love it hot or cold with its lemongrass and juniper berries and magical ginger for my head!

it’s a detox tea kind of morning.

Yuck. Tastes really medicinal, maybe it’s the juniper berries? Thankfully I don’t have much of this as I won’t be drinking it again.

While I do like this tea, I have to admit it might mostly be a mental thing. The flavours are all things I enjoy- especially ginger- but it just doesn’t have any punch to it. It’s a little spicy from the ginger and has a bit of a bite to it. When I’m feeling a bit yucky, or just want to feel good about what I put in my body, I pull this tin off the shelf. I swear it helps settle my tummy, but then again, that could just be a placebo effect!