Detox (organic)

Green Tea
Ginger, Gingko, Juniper, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Organic Rooibos, Sencha
Blackberry, Cut grass, Lemongrass, Ginger, Herbs, Rooibos, Spicy, Green Wood, Lemon, Mint, Lemon Zest, Wood
Low
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Restart and restore

Need a system reboot? Got a new years resolution to live up to? Try this tasty blend of traditional ingredients, like rooibos, sencha, ginger, ginkgo, lemongrass, and juniper berries. Trust us, even buying it will make you feel like a new person. Not working? Just go back to bed. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified rooibos, sencha green tea, lemongrass, ginger, juniper berries, ginkgo. With natural lemon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 5 of the advent calendar. I enjoyed this tea. It surprised me. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did. Has a mild herb flavour. I am not a fan of ginger and thankfully it’s very understated in this tea. I could easily drink this tea every day. It goes down easy. Good stuff!

Flavors: Ginger, Herbs

Sweet. Good mix of flavours. Juniper berries give a pine-line flavour. The lemongrass is very well balanced.

Yep, I definitely taste the rooibos in this tea, that sickly sweetly yet-bitter taste that I can’t stand, overwhelming the brew. The lemongrass works to combat it a little, and the warmth of the ginger makes for a nice after-note, saving this from being completely gross. Yet, this one is still going to be a nope from me. Nope for Rooibos.

Flavors: Ginger, Lemongrass, Rooibos

8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

If you like the flavors of roobois and gin, this tea might be your jam.

Unfortunately, it’s not mine. I enjoy rooibos when it’s slightly masked and the sencha, ginger, lemongrass and juniper berries didn’t quite do the trick. It’s not as harsh as most straight rooibos, but it’s still not that great tasting.

Is this supposed to do something healthy? Not really worth it, flavor wise.

Flavors: Rooibos

I really love this tea! I usually drink it in the afternoon, because it is soothing and helps me warm up and focus my mind better. I wish it were caffeine-free, but the green tea works really well in this blend so I don’t mind too much.

I love throwing this one in for good measure, every now and then. It seems to call to me when I’m feeling rundown, or in need of a good ole detox. True to its name, I always finish the cup feeling a little better than when I started it.

Flavors: Lemon, Lemongrass, Mint

175 °F / 79 °C 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp

This is not for me. All I could taste in this was the rooibos, maybe a bit of the lemongrass. I will be passing this one on to someone else.

Another tea. Lots of bathroom breaks today. I’m surprised I don’t have a stomach ache from all the new weird flavours I’m putting into myself today.

Anyways, the tea. Mostly getting a green tea smell from it. It’s steeped up fairly dark for a green tea, which worries me.

Taste so far is just the lemongrass, but it’s also very hot still. As it cools though, all I’m getting is the green tea and the lemongrass. I’m not noticing the juniper berries the way I had hoped. It’s not bad, but as someone that isn’t much of a green tea fan, I’m not really enjoying this one.

Tonight I’m going to have to drink something I absolutely love to cleanse my palette after all these teas that I’m not a fan of…

Second steep of today’s leaves just as strong (?). Third steep I think there’s still some flavour in there but I’d really need some of the first and second steeps to compare, and I drank ’em all up already.

Definitely worth one resteep to get the most out of this blend as you can.

P.S. the burger was delicious.

Why is this so disgusting?? it is made up of all components I like…. Rooibos, good, sencha, wonderful, ginger and all the others awesome!
It tastes like cleaner. Like spray bathroom cleaner.
It’s astringent, but not like the usual ginger astringency.
It tastes foul.

I seriously do not understand why!

Boiling 1 tsp 20 OZ / 600 ML