Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Vanilla, Artificial, Honey, Rooibos, Sweet, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream, Cocoa
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Totally agree with David’s Tea, this is the night time version of Read my Lips… with mint <3

“I have to admit that, at first, I wasn’t sure about this one. It’s the first tea I bought in a bag instead of in a can. I regret it now because it’s delicious! It’s good for your health and it replaces dessert with its chocolate taste. You’d want nothing else! i bought it when I felt kinda depressed and it boosted my mind! Since the mint is so strong, I do not drink a lot of this one. However, it’s a must!

I have NEVER added milk to tea before, but i read some of the reviews and decided to (cautiously) add a splash or two of vanilla almond milk to this today. OH MY GOODNESS! It is so creamy and delicious, like a dessert…to me, it tastes like minty hot chocolate. I also added a half tablespoon of raw honey and it is brought out some of the warmness of the rooibos. This is going to be amazing for fall & winter especially.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint, Vanilla

Very delicious! The right mix of mint and chocolate (with a bit more chocolate than mint flavor). The chocolate has some artificial undertones, which is why I didn’t give it a perfect rating. But it’s very tasty, especially hot! Perfect for a chilly winter day.

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Honey, Mint

Strong mint taste and smell. The mint overpowers the chocolate.

Astringent.

Goes with milk.

Overall, pretty meh. Still looking for a tea that has perfect chocolate/mint ratio.

Weak chocolate flavour with mint aftertaste. Sweet from the rooibos. Pleasant!

Second steep is weak but drinkable.

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I have never gone wrong with mint chocolate anything so far in my life. It’s one of my favorite combo. This tea doesn’t disappoint me. Not only does it smell fantastic-all that minty goodness, it tastes heavenly as well. I love to have it when I get a sweet tooth-a perfect dessert tea if you like mint.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint, Rooibos

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

While this tea is reasonably tasty, the chocolate is not strong enough. The mint in it is also not strong enough for my tastes. That being said I am managing to enjoy this tea. Having it tonight instead of my usual evening tea, peppermint. I will try cold brewing this tea and see if it is better. It’s not exactly bad it’s just not as good as I had hoped. I picked this up today when I stopped by the only quasi local David’s Tea. I do think it is starting to improve as it cools a bit.

I brewed this once in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 5 min.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I am on a quest for the perfect Rooibos! Unfortunately, this isn’t it. I am still not super excited about chocolate in my tea, although chocolate and Rooibos do go together quite well. It’s the mint that is really out of place here. Mint belongs in an herbal tea – not a Rooibos. It’s still okay to drink, but nothing special. Too bad…the quest continues…

I am not a fan of mint nor am I a fan of chocolate in tea. Usually. But I like this. Thankfully, it appeared in a sample box because if I had been left to my own devices, never in a million years would I have bought or chosen this.

Both flavours are present but neither in an in-your-face kind of annoying way. The rooibos gives a nice groundedness to this blend and perhaps takes the edge off the mint: freshness but not that of gum or toothpaste. The chocolate is just a bit of a lingering thing on the palate. It is just an echo of a flavour here, but the rooibos gives it a bit of body, unlike the thinness of many chocolate teas.

I may buy this on its own.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML