Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Totally agree with David’s Tea, this is the night time version of Read my Lips… with mint

“I have to admit that, at first, I wasn’t sure about this one. It’s the first tea I bought in a bag instead of in a can. I regret it now because it’s delicious! It’s good for your health and it replaces dessert with its chocolate taste. You’d want nothing else! i bought it when I felt kinda depressed and it boosted my mind! Since the mint is so strong, I do not drink a lot of this one. However, it’s a must!

Yesterday was point redeeming day, and I’m glad that I waited that long because the store I visited happened to just get Ceremonial Matcha in a few days earlier, so I instantly grabbed it as one of my free ones, plus a bunch of 10-20g amounts of others such as this.

Zen’s Chocolate Mint rooibos is my absolute favourite, but due to their semi-sketchy ridiculous sale combined with USD the other month, I didn’t bother ordering and am now looking for a potential replacement. Will this hit the mark?

I can already tell by the smell in the pouch that it won’t be as flavourful. The mint isn’t as in-your-face. With some 2% milk it’s pretty decent. The base is more prevalent in this one, and although I’m normally not a fan of the taste of rooibos, it really isn’t too bad here. The chocolate, on the other hand, is akin to the note in Read My Lips, unsurprisingly, as this appears to contain the same chocolate chips used in that blend.

Overall, I’m not wild over it and am still eyeing Zen’s if I knew exactly what was going on with that company. I have a couple cups worth left so I should try mixing it with Tisano’s Mint Cacao next time to see if that can amp up the chocolate or mint.

OMGsrsly

They posted some blah blah blah in the forums after we all noticed and were posting about the USD fiasco.

I think I wasn’t right in my head when I picked this up. I’ll just get this out of the way immediately: I don’t like mint and chocolate together. Just nope. But a good friend of mine loves mint chocolate anything. I think I was swayed by her enthusiasm for mint chocolate, saw this, went “Hey! It smells decent!”, and made a crappy decision.

So uh. It definitely tastes like mint and chocolate. The rooibos isn’t medicinal. So yeah. If you like mint and chocolate, by all means, this is probably really nice. It’s not you, mint chocolate rooibos, it’s definitely me.

Who wants approximately 20 g of this?! I sure don’t. Said friend isn’t much of a tea drinker either. Bah. Mistakes were made.

(backlog review)

I had a cute 1/2 ounce bag of this from one of the Davidstea sample sets. It’s been a couple days since I had this, so brief tasting note, especially since I recall it being rather unremarkable. There are a lot of chocolate mint teas on the market, especially rooibos blends, so I didn’t find this special and it definitely needed sweetener to taste any bit of chocolate that was included. Ho hum. I followed the general steeping instructions. I might add some cacao the next time I have it, but I wouldn’t buy it and am glad I only wound up with what amounted to a sample.

I would imagine if I melted an after eight chocolate bar this is what it would taste like only better! Might try a bit of milk in it next time just to see if it makes its a bit more creamy but to be honest it was awesome black. It was a good choice for an evening drink instead of eating a bunch of sweets, exactly what I wanted!

So I’m sipping this at work in my travel mug. Its oh so dead and boring right now. Joys of working as a front desk agent when checkout is 11 and check in is 3… Its currently 1:20 and the phones aren’t even ringing! Yesh.

At least I have my tea, even if it did burn my tongue on the first sip! Well this tea is just oh so delicious and making the time go by much more enjoyable. I love mint, I love chocolate. I love rooibos. Therefore this is definitely one of my favourites. Yumm.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

I enjoyed this mint chocolate tea. The flavour of mint and chocolate is there and mingle nicely together. I found it a little medicinal tasting but not enough to bother me. I think the mint is to blame, being a little astringent. There is a woody undertone due to the nature of the rooibos but I can live with it. I like this tea regardless of its flaws.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint, Wood

This is really nice right now. It is chocolaty and minty. Could be a little stronger, but it’s nice with cream and sugar this evening. Not too much rooibos flavor, which I appreciate.

This tea tastes exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream and if there’s one combination I love, it’s mint and chocolate together.

Flavors: Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint