Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Rooibos, Sweet, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Totally agree with David’s Tea, this is the night time version of Read my Lips… with mint

“I have to admit that, at first, I wasn’t sure about this one. It’s the first tea I bought in a bag instead of in a can. I regret it now because it’s delicious! It’s good for your health and it replaces dessert with its chocolate taste. You’d want nothing else! i bought it when I felt kinda depressed and it boosted my mind! Since the mint is so strong, I do not drink a lot of this one. However, it’s a must!

DAVID’s iced teas of the day were this and Black Cherry and, since I really don’t like Black Cherry, I decided to try this. This is predominantly mint, and there’s something about DAVID’s mint that I really dislike. It almost tastes dusty to me. On top of that, mint isn’t something I would normally consider doing iced, and it definitely doesn’t work in this case. It tastes like drinking a glass of water right after using mouthwash. Hardly a hint of chocolate and I didn’t notice the rooibos at all. I would be willing to give this a go hot, but I think it would be so similar to Mint to Be or Read My Lips and still have that gross mint. I did get through my cup, but mostly because it tastes like water until the mint hits you.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

Iced

Man, I love this tea!! So far it’s the only one this summer I’ve gone and bought as an iced tea twice xD I’m definitely going to have to add some this one to my collection once I have some room in my tea drawer

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint, Rooibos, Sweet

I received this tea as a sample in my Easter Egg Hunt tea collection. I had high hopes for the tea and I did actually enjoy it. It was very nice.

I like Read My Lips better but I’m trying to cut back on caffeine and this is a good substitute.

Ohmygosh. This is so amazing! I received this as part of a sampler and it is my absolute favorite. I love mint tea and I looooovvvveee rooibos. Adding the two together and adding chocolate is the best idea ever. I have to get myself a bag of this because it’s so delish.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint, Rooibos

Iced 32 OZ / 946 ML

Had this at my parents’ in law place. Surprisingly, yet another David’s classic I have yet to try. I’m not big on mint chocolate or too much chocolate in tea but I figured I’d give it a try. Overal it’s not bad. Rooibos is the most prominent taste, chocolate is more so in the smell and aftertaste and then a hint of mint. I’m glad to have tried it but I’m not crazy about it so I don’t think I’ll purchase it.

Flavors: Rooibos

Yesterday was point redeeming day, and I’m glad that I waited that long because the store I visited happened to just get Ceremonial Matcha in a few days earlier, so I instantly grabbed it as one of my free ones, plus a bunch of 10-20g amounts of others such as this.

Zen’s Chocolate Mint rooibos is my absolute favourite, but due to their semi-sketchy ridiculous sale combined with USD the other month, I didn’t bother ordering and am now looking for a potential replacement. Will this hit the mark?

I can already tell by the smell in the pouch that it won’t be as flavourful. The mint isn’t as in-your-face. With some 2% milk it’s pretty decent. The base is more prevalent in this one, and although I’m normally not a fan of the taste of rooibos, it really isn’t too bad here. The chocolate, on the other hand, is akin to the note in Read My Lips, unsurprisingly, as this appears to contain the same chocolate chips used in that blend.

Overall, I’m not wild over it and am still eyeing Zen’s if I knew exactly what was going on with that company. I have a couple cups worth left so I should try mixing it with Tisano’s Mint Cacao next time to see if that can amp up the chocolate or mint.

OMGsrsly

They posted some blah blah blah in the forums after we all noticed and were posting about the USD fiasco.

I think I wasn’t right in my head when I picked this up. I’ll just get this out of the way immediately: I don’t like mint and chocolate together. Just nope. But a good friend of mine loves mint chocolate anything. I think I was swayed by her enthusiasm for mint chocolate, saw this, went “Hey! It smells decent!”, and made a crappy decision.

So uh. It definitely tastes like mint and chocolate. The rooibos isn’t medicinal. So yeah. If you like mint and chocolate, by all means, this is probably really nice. It’s not you, mint chocolate rooibos, it’s definitely me.

Who wants approximately 20 g of this?! I sure don’t. Said friend isn’t much of a tea drinker either. Bah. Mistakes were made.