Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint, Wood, Cream, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

• “Sipdown (199/202)! It took me a while, but I _finally_ finished off the sample I received of this from *VariaTEA*. This cup I drank cold, and it was pretty good - definitely more chocolate than...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1836 tasting notes
  • “03/12/2013 my boyfriend just popped his head in my door saying “it smells like chocolate in here” the power of the tea!! the mint is a little fresh pinch at the end of a sip. the balance of...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes
  • “I can taste the rooibos in this tea...I don’t love rooibos. I think the woodiness of the rooibos in this tea is a tad strong. This tea reminds me of the smell of landscaping cedar chips on a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday my sweet mom decided to get me a little Valentine's Day present - the new design Perfect Mug from Davids. :) She also treated me to a small sample of this tea and Cherry Blossom. I just...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 96 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Totally agree with David’s Tea, this is the night time version of Read my Lips… with mint <3

“I have to admit that, at first, I wasn’t sure about this one. It’s the first tea I bought in a bag instead of in a can. I regret it now because it’s delicious! It’s good for your health and it replaces dessert with its chocolate taste. You’d want nothing else! i bought it when I felt kinda depressed and it boosted my mind! Since the mint is so strong, I do not drink a lot of this one. However, it’s a must!

This is really nice right now. It is chocolaty and minty. Could be a little stronger, but it’s nice with cream and sugar this evening. Not too much rooibos flavor, which I appreciate.

This tea tastes exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream and if there’s one combination I love, it’s mint and chocolate together.

Flavors: Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint

Small Big Traveling Tea Box

Okay, this is another chocolate tea… but there weren’t any large chunks of chocolate in this one either.. so I had to try it anyways. I’m glad that the mint was stronger in this than the chocolate for me:] The mint had a nice cooling effect where the chocolate just seemed to provide some sweetness to the tea. It almost tasted like it had some vanilla in it. As far as chocolate teas go, it was pretty decent:]

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML

I’ve had a cup of this hot and a cup iced (not both of them tonight) and I think that I like this tea iced more. Maybe when the weather gets cooler I will like it hot, but this was a cool sweet treat. When this blend is iced it becomes so much more creamy and the chocolate really pops. The mint has the last word, but it’s not terribly sharp which I appreciate. The rooibos stays in the background and adds a nice smooth touch to the cup. I find that the rooibos is much stronger when it’s hot and it sort of smothers the chocolate and mint (both aren’t completely lost, but they’re much softer). I never would have thought to try this one as I’m a little weary of mint, but I’m quite glad to have had a taste thanks to jump62359!

jump62359

Wow. I’m like the complete opposite! I found that the rooibos comes out more when it’s cold, rather than hot. I enjoy most of my rooibos hot! I have plenty of this tea so I’ll probably make a cold brew later this week :)

QueenOfTarts

I may have been distracted by the milky chocolate flavor that I got when it was cold. :) A very nice cup either way, though!

To start, I am not a fan of minty and hot at the same time, or cold for the matter. I just don’t enjoy swallowing unsweetened peppermint because it reminds me of toothpaste. (candy canes and After Eights are another story). Having said that, I actually like Read my Lips from DavidsTea and find that this tea is a tone-downed Read my lips. It’s got the same tastes, the mintyness is not so overpowering, and it’s chocolatey. It’s perfect for when you want Read My Lips without the caffeine!! I brewed 24 oz, but I dont think I will finish the cup. And I don’t enjoy the mintyness of the cold tea at all, since it really reminds me of brushing my teeth, and the chocolate flavor is extremely faint.

Flavors: Chocolate, Wood

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

This is one of my favorite teas ever! I love this tea on a cool day as a latte with soy-milk. The flavor of the Rooibos is well paired with the mint, which creates a refreshing effect. The chocolate adds just the right amount of sweetness, without it being too sweet. I am one of those people who does not like to add any sweetener in my teas, so this is the perfect balance.

Flavors: Chocolate

I got this from VariaTEA pretty recently!
She was so eager to get rid of it, but the second I smelled the package, it was nice! A nice mellow chocolate/peppermint tea. It smells like chocolate peppermint cookies, but with the woodsiness of rooibos! Ahh smells so good okay.
It does have a kick with the peppermint, and a nice flavour from the chocolate.
I’m just using this as tummy tea okay. Peppermint is great, but I wanted something a little bit more than just plain old peppermint so this one it is!
It is a good tea, and I really do like it :)

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Memily

Yessss! I have a similar blend from an Aussie company and I go nuts for it during winter, like a tea hot chocolate with a little choc soy milk. Almost time to crack it out again down here too…

VariaTEA

Thank goodness. I hated this so I am glad it went to someone who will enjoy it.

jump62359

Dude. I really like this tea! It reminds me a whole lot of Santa’s Secret (which I love a BUTT TON) but take the sweet sugar cookie-like black tea, and replace it with the rooibos.
It’s good and I love how it’s caffeine-free. It’s like a nice peppermint hot coco, just as memily suggested hehe :)
Thank you so much for the tea, Rachel! I’ll take care of it, no worries. It’s gone to a good home :)

The first couple of sips I took I did not like. Way too pepperminty. As it cools down the flavor blend better but I still don’t like the pepper mint. Don’t get me wrong its a good tea. I guess I’m just not in the mood for peppermint right now.