Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Rooibos, Sweet, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

(backlog review)

I had a cute 1/2 ounce bag of this from one of the Davidstea sample sets. It’s been a couple days since I had this, so brief tasting note, especially since I recall it being rather unremarkable. There are a lot of chocolate mint teas on the market, especially rooibos blends, so I didn’t find this special and it definitely needed sweetener to taste any bit of chocolate that was included. Ho hum. I followed the general steeping instructions. I might add some cacao the next time I have it, but I wouldn’t buy it and am glad I only wound up with what amounted to a sample.

I would imagine if I melted an after eight chocolate bar this is what it would taste like only better! Might try a bit of milk in it next time just to see if it makes its a bit more creamy but to be honest it was awesome black. It was a good choice for an evening drink instead of eating a bunch of sweets, exactly what I wanted!

So I’m sipping this at work in my travel mug. Its oh so dead and boring right now. Joys of working as a front desk agent when checkout is 11 and check in is 3… Its currently 1:20 and the phones aren’t even ringing! Yesh.

At least I have my tea, even if it did burn my tongue on the first sip! Well this tea is just oh so delicious and making the time go by much more enjoyable. I love mint, I love chocolate. I love rooibos. Therefore this is definitely one of my favourites. Yumm.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

I enjoyed this mint chocolate tea. The flavour of mint and chocolate is there and mingle nicely together. I found it a little medicinal tasting but not enough to bother me. I think the mint is to blame, being a little astringent. There is a woody undertone due to the nature of the rooibos but I can live with it. I like this tea regardless of its flaws.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint, Wood

This is really nice right now. It is chocolaty and minty. Could be a little stronger, but it’s nice with cream and sugar this evening. Not too much rooibos flavor, which I appreciate.

This tea tastes exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream and if there’s one combination I love, it’s mint and chocolate together.

Flavors: Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Peppermint

Small Big Traveling Tea Box

Okay, this is another chocolate tea… but there weren’t any large chunks of chocolate in this one either.. so I had to try it anyways. I’m glad that the mint was stronger in this than the chocolate for me:] The mint had a nice cooling effect where the chocolate just seemed to provide some sweetness to the tea. It almost tasted like it had some vanilla in it. As far as chocolate teas go, it was pretty decent:]

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 g 2 OZ / 59 ML

I’ve had a cup of this hot and a cup iced (not both of them tonight) and I think that I like this tea iced more. Maybe when the weather gets cooler I will like it hot, but this was a cool sweet treat. When this blend is iced it becomes so much more creamy and the chocolate really pops. The mint has the last word, but it’s not terribly sharp which I appreciate. The rooibos stays in the background and adds a nice smooth touch to the cup. I find that the rooibos is much stronger when it’s hot and it sort of smothers the chocolate and mint (both aren’t completely lost, but they’re much softer). I never would have thought to try this one as I’m a little weary of mint, but I’m quite glad to have had a taste thanks to jump62359!

jump62359

Wow. I’m like the complete opposite! I found that the rooibos comes out more when it’s cold, rather than hot. I enjoy most of my rooibos hot! I have plenty of this tea so I’ll probably make a cold brew later this week :)

QueenOfTarts

I may have been distracted by the milky chocolate flavor that I got when it was cold. :) A very nice cup either way, though!

To start, I am not a fan of minty and hot at the same time, or cold for the matter. I just don’t enjoy swallowing unsweetened peppermint because it reminds me of toothpaste. (candy canes and After Eights are another story). Having said that, I actually like Read my Lips from DavidsTea and find that this tea is a tone-downed Read my lips. It’s got the same tastes, the mintyness is not so overpowering, and it’s chocolatey. It’s perfect for when you want Read My Lips without the caffeine!! I brewed 24 oz, but I dont think I will finish the cup. And I don’t enjoy the mintyness of the cold tea at all, since it really reminds me of brushing my teeth, and the chocolate flavor is extremely faint.

Flavors: Chocolate, Wood

2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

This is one of my favorite teas ever! I love this tea on a cool day as a latte with soy-milk. The flavor of the Rooibos is well paired with the mint, which creates a refreshing effect. The chocolate adds just the right amount of sweetness, without it being too sweet. I am one of those people who does not like to add any sweetener in my teas, so this is the perfect balance.

Flavors: Chocolate