Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I don’t know. It’s artificially flavored. Really, David’s Tea, really? But sometimes you don’t want “tea,” you just want a steaming hot concept in a cup. So that, like most of David’s Teas, fits the bill.

Rooibos works well as a gentle background for the mint chocolate flavor. Very comforting and doesn’t have that “blast of cold air” feel of some mint teas. Nor does it have that overpowering sickly sweet fragrance of some ‘chocolate’ teas. This works well as a winter morning tea, and doesn’t need to be sweetened to taste nice.

A nice way to take a break between the stress of school and the stress of student meetings. Feeling better prepared to face the onslaught.

Mint Chocolate Rooibos, is similar to Read my Lips and Santa’s Secret.

They all are pretty much all chocolate mint teas .This tea, is way more minty and more chocolaty than the other two. YUM. I love it, especially before bed, since it has no caffeine.

It’s relaxing and freshens your breath ;) Just kidding, but it does leave a little minty taste in your mouth.

I would definitely recommend this tea to anyone, it is one of my favorites!

Working my way through my first glass of this. First sip was a definite no, but (with the help of a little sugar), it is rapidly turning into a yes. The mint is nowhere near as clean as in Read My Lips, as there is a definite rooibos note in every sip. However, I am working on learning to love rooibos, so that is not a horrible thing in my world. This is, in my opinion, a more muddled version of Read My Lips, but I do like the fact that it is caffeine free and I am certainly willing to give it a spot in my morning tea lineup!

Nice to have on a hot day. I wish I could taste the chocolate a bit more.

Not overly chocolatey, but it has just the right balance of sweet mint and a hint of chocolate to make it delicious. If you just want chocolate, this might not satisfy that craving, but if you want something light and sweet for after dinner on a cold night, this is perfect.

I should probably stop buying minty teas if I’m hoping to get any chocolate taste. Didn’t really taste any chocolate, but the mint was nice & refreshing. Has a cool, creamy body (granted I did add creamer), with a slight note of vanilla.

I didn’t really like this tea. It was pretty bitter and I felt like the chocolate tasted fake. It just didn’t sit well with me, so I gave my leftover leaves to a friend who actually ended up loving it.

Got this in the local David’s Tea a few weeks ago.
It’s pretty good — but if only it had more chocolate flavour!
The mint is quite predominant and overpowers the whiff of chocolate.
Just to see what would happen, I melted a small square of fancy dark chocolate and carefully blended it in. To me, the tea was much better that way.
I added sugar and skim milk.

Now that I’m down to the bottom of the 2-cup mug, I’m finding an unpleasant aftertaste. Maybe the “chocolate mint flavouring”?

One of these days, I’ll find a caffeine-free tea with enough chocolate taste.

Boiling 8 min or more

For my birthday I placed a huge order from Davids with every thing a tea loving girl could want for a birthday! I ordered mostly herbal, green and rooibos as I’m partial to them along with a teal bubble tea pot, matching cups, tins and filters. What more could a girl want right?

To my dismay the teas were just awful and I tried everything from hot to cold, steeped longer, steeped shorter, with more sugar, with milk! I really wish I had known just how incredibly fake and quite honestly plain gross the teas were going to be and saved myself the giant amount of money I spent!

However luckily for me amongst all the off ones was this little gem of deliciousness! It is every thing you could hope for in a chocolate mint tea and has become such a favourite of mine that I’m already ordering more! If you’re sceptical let me assure you that this tea will not disappoint!

Steeped for 7 mins with 2 packets of raw sugar this tea is a perfect treat!