Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Rooibos, Sweet, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got this from VariaTEA pretty recently!
She was so eager to get rid of it, but the second I smelled the package, it was nice! A nice mellow chocolate/peppermint tea. It smells like chocolate peppermint cookies, but with the woodsiness of rooibos! Ahh smells so good okay.
It does have a kick with the peppermint, and a nice flavour from the chocolate.
I’m just using this as tummy tea okay. Peppermint is great, but I wanted something a little bit more than just plain old peppermint so this one it is!
It is a good tea, and I really do like it :)

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
Memily

Yessss! I have a similar blend from an Aussie company and I go nuts for it during winter, like a tea hot chocolate with a little choc soy milk. Almost time to crack it out again down here too…

VariaTEA

Thank goodness. I hated this so I am glad it went to someone who will enjoy it.

jump62359

Dude. I really like this tea! It reminds me a whole lot of Santa’s Secret (which I love a BUTT TON) but take the sweet sugar cookie-like black tea, and replace it with the rooibos.
It’s good and I love how it’s caffeine-free. It’s like a nice peppermint hot coco, just as memily suggested hehe :)
Thank you so much for the tea, Rachel! I’ll take care of it, no worries. It’s gone to a good home :)

The first couple of sips I took I did not like. Way too pepperminty. As it cools down the flavor blend better but I still don’t like the pepper mint. Don’t get me wrong its a good tea. I guess I’m just not in the mood for peppermint right now.

I’m a little more wary of chocolate teas than I used to be, mainly because I’ve come to realise that I don’t like my teas super sweet. But this blend worked, and I added some milk for a creamier texture (and to possibly lessen the taste of the plain rooibos). A very nice dessert tea – and one I think I’ll be trying again!

A sample from Shmiracles. This one is a little more rooibossy than I would like, but it’s not too bad. I tempered it with a little milk just to flatten the woodsiness a bit, and found it more palatable as a result. The mint here is pretty perfect — a hint of coolness at the end of the sip, a little like mint choc chip ice cream. The chocolate is pretty good too, although there isn’t quite as much as I’d like there to be. I can mostly taste vanilla and mint, with the chocolate squeezed in between. Compared with Read My Lips, which I tried yesterday, I find this one a little lacking in flavour. It’s a good bedtime cup, though, and it’s always nice to have more caffiene free options to hand. Not perfect, but not bad either. A tasty evening treat.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Mint Chocolate is my favorite type of ice cream, so I was definitely expecting this to be a top pick for me. Instead, it is just okay. The chocolate flavor is kind of weak and the mint is almost non-existent. It doesn’t taste bad, but it’s one that I need to add a little extra agave to so I can really enjoy it. I’ll finish this, but probably won’t buy again.

Here I am, its 9:00pm and wanting some Read My Lips. Desperately wanting to be able to sleep tonight, I have grabbed Mint Chocolate Rooibos instead. It taste exactly what the title says. Mint. Chocolate. Rooibos. This tea is ok (more minty, than chocolatey) nothing to run home to mommy about though… maybe it’s because Im a person who is not a fan of rooibos teas in general. There is just something about a rooibos base that tastes so stale and artificial to me… strange, I know. Alas here I am drinking it… dreaming of morning time when I can indulge in Read My Lips.

Flavors: Chocolate

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I don’t know. It’s artificially flavored. Really, David’s Tea, really? But sometimes you don’t want “tea,” you just want a steaming hot concept in a cup. So that, like most of David’s Teas, fits the bill.

Rooibos works well as a gentle background for the mint chocolate flavor. Very comforting and doesn’t have that “blast of cold air” feel of some mint teas. Nor does it have that overpowering sickly sweet fragrance of some ‘chocolate’ teas. This works well as a winter morning tea, and doesn’t need to be sweetened to taste nice.

A nice way to take a break between the stress of school and the stress of student meetings. Feeling better prepared to face the onslaught.

Mint Chocolate Rooibos, is similar to Read my Lips and Santa’s Secret.

They all are pretty much all chocolate mint teas .This tea, is way more minty and more chocolaty than the other two. YUM. I love it, especially before bed, since it has no caffeine.

It’s relaxing and freshens your breath ;) Just kidding, but it does leave a little minty taste in your mouth.

I would definitely recommend this tea to anyone, it is one of my favorites!

Working my way through my first glass of this. First sip was a definite no, but (with the help of a little sugar), it is rapidly turning into a yes. The mint is nowhere near as clean as in Read My Lips, as there is a definite rooibos note in every sip. However, I am working on learning to love rooibos, so that is not a horrible thing in my world. This is, in my opinion, a more muddled version of Read My Lips, but I do like the fact that it is caffeine free and I am certainly willing to give it a spot in my morning tea lineup!