Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Rooibos, Sweet, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not overly chocolatey, but it has just the right balance of sweet mint and a hint of chocolate to make it delicious. If you just want chocolate, this might not satisfy that craving, but if you want something light and sweet for after dinner on a cold night, this is perfect.

I should probably stop buying minty teas if I’m hoping to get any chocolate taste. Didn’t really taste any chocolate, but the mint was nice & refreshing. Has a cool, creamy body (granted I did add creamer), with a slight note of vanilla.

I didn’t really like this tea. It was pretty bitter and I felt like the chocolate tasted fake. It just didn’t sit well with me, so I gave my leftover leaves to a friend who actually ended up loving it.

Got this in the local David’s Tea a few weeks ago.
It’s pretty good — but if only it had more chocolate flavour!
The mint is quite predominant and overpowers the whiff of chocolate.
Just to see what would happen, I melted a small square of fancy dark chocolate and carefully blended it in. To me, the tea was much better that way.
I added sugar and skim milk.

Now that I’m down to the bottom of the 2-cup mug, I’m finding an unpleasant aftertaste. Maybe the “chocolate mint flavouring”?

One of these days, I’ll find a caffeine-free tea with enough chocolate taste.

Boiling 8 min or more

For my birthday I placed a huge order from Davids with every thing a tea loving girl could want for a birthday! I ordered mostly herbal, green and rooibos as I’m partial to them along with a teal bubble tea pot, matching cups, tins and filters. What more could a girl want right?

To my dismay the teas were just awful and I tried everything from hot to cold, steeped longer, steeped shorter, with more sugar, with milk! I really wish I had known just how incredibly fake and quite honestly plain gross the teas were going to be and saved myself the giant amount of money I spent!

However luckily for me amongst all the off ones was this little gem of deliciousness! It is every thing you could hope for in a chocolate mint tea and has become such a favourite of mine that I’m already ordering more! If you’re sceptical let me assure you that this tea will not disappoint!

Steeped for 7 mins with 2 packets of raw sugar this tea is a perfect treat!

I was actually surprised that I liked this tea as Im not a big fan of Rooibos. It smells and tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream or Andes mints. As this has no caffeine and tastes like dessert I think the best time to drink this would be as a late night treat. Enjoy, I sure did :)

Sooo good! Tastas just like an Andes mint.

I love chocolate and I love mint… and yes I love them together. Although I like this tea I don’t love it as much as I would have thought. My only guess is that it is the rooibos. There is a “dirty” flavor to this tea that I did not like. I added a teaspoon of candy cane ice cream and it made a yummy latte. The ice cream also helped diminish the woodsy flavor. I would not buy this again.

Didn’t like this one the first time I tried it, but after hearing a friend rave about it being her favourite, I thought I’d give it another chance. Well, what do you know. It’s actually pretty good. Not as chocolatey as I’d prefer, but my sweet tooth needed a root canal after it rotted away from all the sugar I was eating. This is to say, my bar for “chocolatey enough” is set pretty high. Anyway. It’s not one of my go-to’s, but if somebody was like, “Here, I made you a cup of tea” and handed me this, I wouldn’t be sad about it.

I made this as a latte for a late night dessert tea, and after stirring in the milk and licking the spoon, my first reaction was “oh my god!” It tasted so good. A little more minty than chocolatey. Very good – can’t wait to try and compare to “cocomint cream”.