Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

• “Sipdown (199/202)! It took me a while, but I _finally_ finished off the sample I received of this from *VariaTEA*. This cup I drank cold, and it was pretty good - definitely more chocolate than...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2265 tasting notes
  • “03/12/2013 my boyfriend just popped his head in my door saying “it smells like chocolate in here” the power of the tea!! the mint is a little fresh pinch at the end of a sip. the balance of...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “I can taste the rooibos in this tea...I don’t love rooibos. I think the woodiness of the rooibos in this tea is a tad strong. This tea reminds me of the smell of landscaping cedar chips on a...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday my sweet mom decided to get me a little Valentine's Day present - the new design Perfect Mug from Davids. :) She also treated me to a small sample of this tea and Cherry Blossom. I just...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 96 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Didn’t like this one the first time I tried it, but after hearing a friend rave about it being her favourite, I thought I’d give it another chance. Well, what do you know. It’s actually pretty good. Not as chocolatey as I’d prefer, but my sweet tooth needed a root canal after it rotted away from all the sugar I was eating. This is to say, my bar for “chocolatey enough” is set pretty high. Anyway. It’s not one of my go-to’s, but if somebody was like, “Here, I made you a cup of tea” and handed me this, I wouldn’t be sad about it.

I made this as a latte for a late night dessert tea, and after stirring in the milk and licking the spoon, my first reaction was “oh my god!” It tasted so good. A little more minty than chocolatey. Very good – can’t wait to try and compare to “cocomint cream”.

I enjoy chocolate and mint, so was predisposed to like this tea. The dry smell is fabulous. I tried it first with a 4 min steep. The taste was quite light, with a very watery minty chocolate taste. I continued to steep it for an additional 3 min, and it really improved, without getting a woody rooibos taste to it. A touch of agave, and it was good.

Okay. What’s not to love about this tea? Unless you hate mint chocolate (and I rank this personality defect up there with hating puppies), you will melt over this dessert tea. It reminds me of liquid chocolate mint Girl Guide cookies in a cup. Delicious!!!

(Oh and for all the mint-choco-haters out there, I’m just kidding… I luv yas, you misguided fools)

If it steeps too long it turns thick and gooey and tastes terrible. Yuck. I’m pretty sure it’s a result of the mint leaves.

One of the best blends of mint chocolate rooibos I’ve had. The proportion of chocolate to mint is just right. I think it’s the addition of vanilla that pushes it over the line from good to great.

I find this tea very comforting and enjoy it in the evenings.

Went in hoping I’d find a caffeine-free tea similar to Read My Lips, and this is pretty much exactly what I hoped. It’s got a nice, robust flavor that makes it nice to drink at bedtime without worries over the caffeine content of black tea. I find the mint overpowers the chocolate, though.

My first experience with roobios, and I’m in love! Had this with a generous scoop of honey. The mint chocolate flavor is welcoming but not overpowering. I took a sip, thought it was pretty good. A minute later my stomach was saying, “want another!” Leaves a very warm feeling in the stomach. I got a second brewing from it, although the second was milder.

I bought this tea with the mission of finding caffeine-free dessert tea alternatives. I love Read My Lips, but I don’t want to be kept up at night if I drink it too late in the evening after supper…

The dry leaves smell almost identical to its caffeine-counterpart. The taste is also quite similar – more mint than chocolate, smooth, and sweet, but with the rich and earthy rooibos taste in the background. It also tastes a bit lighter. Although I wish there was a bit more of the chocolatey taste, this tea is delicious and really hits the spot for sweet cravings after supper. I’m really happy with this find!

And yes, DavidsTea was absolutely right – the bedtime version of Read My Lips. Mmmmmm this is perfect.