Mint Chocolate Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Chocolate, Cocoa, Natural And Artificial Flavouring, Peppermint, Rooibos
Chocolate, Mint, Wood, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream, Rooibos
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cool sophistication

You won’t want anything else for dessert when you taste this tea. Even the aroma is totally satisfying. Minty fresh, with hints of dark chocolate and rich vanilla. Pour it and admire the coppery red of the rooibos, filled to the brim with antioxidants. Then take a sip and sink into its velvety sweetness. You can’t help but fall in love.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was actually surprised that I liked this tea as Im not a big fan of Rooibos. It smells and tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream or Andes mints. As this has no caffeine and tastes like dessert I think the best time to drink this would be as a late night treat. Enjoy, I sure did :)

Sooo good! Tastas just like an Andes mint.

I love chocolate and I love mint… and yes I love them together. Although I like this tea I don’t love it as much as I would have thought. My only guess is that it is the rooibos. There is a “dirty” flavor to this tea that I did not like. I added a teaspoon of candy cane ice cream and it made a yummy latte. The ice cream also helped diminish the woodsy flavor. I would not buy this again.

Didn’t like this one the first time I tried it, but after hearing a friend rave about it being her favourite, I thought I’d give it another chance. Well, what do you know. It’s actually pretty good. Not as chocolatey as I’d prefer, but my sweet tooth needed a root canal after it rotted away from all the sugar I was eating. This is to say, my bar for “chocolatey enough” is set pretty high. Anyway. It’s not one of my go-to’s, but if somebody was like, “Here, I made you a cup of tea” and handed me this, I wouldn’t be sad about it.

I made this as a latte for a late night dessert tea, and after stirring in the milk and licking the spoon, my first reaction was “oh my god!” It tasted so good. A little more minty than chocolatey. Very good – can’t wait to try and compare to “cocomint cream”.

I enjoy chocolate and mint, so was predisposed to like this tea. The dry smell is fabulous. I tried it first with a 4 min steep. The taste was quite light, with a very watery minty chocolate taste. I continued to steep it for an additional 3 min, and it really improved, without getting a woody rooibos taste to it. A touch of agave, and it was good.

Okay. What’s not to love about this tea? Unless you hate mint chocolate (and I rank this personality defect up there with hating puppies), you will melt over this dessert tea. It reminds me of liquid chocolate mint Girl Guide cookies in a cup. Delicious!!!

(Oh and for all the mint-choco-haters out there, I’m just kidding… I luv yas, you misguided fools)

If it steeps too long it turns thick and gooey and tastes terrible. Yuck. I’m pretty sure it’s a result of the mint leaves.

One of the best blends of mint chocolate rooibos I’ve had. The proportion of chocolate to mint is just right. I think it’s the addition of vanilla that pushes it over the line from good to great.

I find this tea very comforting and enjoy it in the evenings.