Lavender Buttercream

Rooibos Tea
Butterscotch, Floral, Lavender, Sugar, Pineapple, Sweet, Tobacco, Artificial, Perfume, Rooibos, Stewed Fruits, Thick, Tropical, Frosting, Pastries, Vanilla, Apple
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

• “The first thing that strikes me about this tea is the sweetness. It’s like stevia sweet with that weird tang, but the ingredients say sugar. It’s hard to get over. The creamy lavender part is nice,...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is the first bag of Davids Tea that I opened, smelled and felt nauseated by. It smells chemically and is overwhelming. When I brewed the tea it smelled a lot better but unfortunately that...” Read full tasting note
  • “A nice, sweet dessert tea to enjoy when I’m in the right mood. It’s not the prettiest tea, because I could gradually see something floating to the top as my tea cooled, but at least the flavour...” Read full tasting note
  • “Lavender Buttercream was an impulse purchase for me, after absolutely falling in love with the Lavender Swirl blend from David’sTEA. The Lavender Swirl became my absolute favorite in a couple of...” Read full tasting note

From DAVIDsTEA

lavender buttercream
ROOIBOS
Caffeine-free
Free seasonal tin with 100 g of tea purchase

$8.98
ADD TO CART
Dessert is served! Sweet, creamy and laced with aromatic lavender, this decadent caffeine-free rooibos tea tastes just like a slice of vanilla cake with floral buttercream frosting. Sound delicious? Kick it up a notch by whipping it into a frothy iced latte, then pair it with your fave sponge cake for the ultimate sweet treat.

Rooibos, rosehips, candied pineapple (pineapple, sugar), sugar, apple, lavender, natural flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The first thing that strikes me about this tea is the sweetness. It’s like stevia sweet with that weird tang, but the ingredients say sugar. It’s hard to get over. The creamy lavender part is nice, but that tang! Yuck! There is also a sour note in the finish. I think it gets worse as it cools. I love the idea of this tea, but not how it played out.

This is the first bag of Davids Tea that I opened, smelled and felt nauseated by. It smells chemically and is overwhelming. When I brewed the tea it smelled a lot better but unfortunately that chemical smell could be tasted a bit when drinking it. I regret buying this.

Flavors: Pineapple, Sweet, Tobacco

Nattie

Ick. Chemical taste is never something you want in tea. Maybe it’ll mellow out after a couple of months?

A nice, sweet dessert tea to enjoy when I’m in the right mood. It’s not the prettiest tea, because I could gradually see something floating to the top as my tea cooled, but at least the flavour lives up to the name. I seemed to receive a tin with lots of candied pineapple, so occasionally the taste of pineapple overpowered that of the lavender, but not always. I might add some milk in the future for even more creaminess, but no extra sugar is required with this tea.

Flavors: Lavender, Pineapple, Sugar

Lavender Buttercream was an impulse purchase for me, after absolutely falling in love with the Lavender Swirl blend from David’sTEA. The Lavender Swirl became my absolute favorite in a couple of days after receiving my order and I was afraid I would use it up too quickly. Having been told this was a similar tasting tea, I purchased 2 oz from Amazon to hopefully have another similar tea to enjoy.

Its only been a couple of days since I drank this but my memories of it are not very clear, aside from a distinct DISLIKE. I did not get lavender notes or vanilla from the dry blend, but I wondered if it was simply being overwhelmed by the rooibos base. I went with a teaspoon and a half, and hoped for the best.

While this is a sweet tea, I did not taste lavender, vanilla, frosting, or anything of the sort in the finished cup. It tasted overwhelmingly of the pineapple in the blend, and not in a good way. It was extremely artificial, and reminded me of the pineapple chunks in sweet and sour chicken from a Chinese restaurant. Add in an oily mouthfeel and I was turned off completely.

Dumped the cup and haven’t touched it since. Yuck.

Flavors: Artificial, Perfume, Pineapple, Rooibos, Stewed Fruits, Sugar, Thick, Tropical

Thanks to Peach for the lovely swap. I’m happy to have a lavender tea back on my shelf. It’s pretty well-balanced. No bitterness from the lavender. Sweetness from the sugar bits, though I did add extra sweetener since I like things (apparently) extra sweet. The resteep had just a touch of lavender. This one is nice. Definitely more subtle than many DT blends. I would say, however, that the lavender swirl flavor has more of a buttercream aspect than this one. This one just has a bit of sweetness. The names need to be reversed!

One of the most decadent, dessert-like, relaxing teas out there. As a vegan who hasn’t had vanilla frosting in years, I can say that this tea tastes exactly what I remember it tasting like! I hope they bring this tea back soon because it is perfect hot, iced, as a hot latte, and as a cold latte.

Flavors: Frosting, Lavender, Pastries, Vanilla

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I expected to like this more than I did, and bought 24g expecting so. Strangely, though, I wasn’t a big fan. It was okay, but something in it is throwing me off – perhaps it’s the sugar, pineapple, apple? Or maybe the rosehips? I don’t believe it’s the rooibos. Either way, it is not the decadent treat I was looking for; there are flavours present that I don’t want. I really think my lavender tea sweet spot is with a nice, flavourful white tea, or in a lightly flavoured earl grey, or that one tea that is a black/rooibos mix with lavender and caramel.

Not a bad tea, just not what I’d envisioned when I heard “Lavender Buttercream” (I tasted zero buttercream, fwiw.) I’m curious whether I like this or Lavender Swirl better… it has been too long since having the latter for me to remember.

tea-sipper

“black/rooibos mix with lavender and caramel” I’d love to know which tea that is?

I was feeling a bit adventurous when I placed this in my cart during the 20% promo code window. It’s definitely a dessert blend, but, unfortunately, I don’t get much of a buttery or a buttercream note. It’s sort of tastes like someone added a vanilla bean and some lavender flowers to a sugar jar, waited a week or so, and then sprinkled the sugar over some sliced apples. It’s pleasant. I imagine if you enjoy floral teas and are looking for a nice comforting cuppa at the end of a long day, this would be fairly enjoyable. It’s not something I’d stock up on, but I’m glad I gave it a try.

Flavors: Apple, Lavender, Vanilla

I am a big fan of floral teas (and floral desserts in general) – the more jasmine, rose, or lavender flavor, the better. I’m also someone who doesn’t add extra sugar to their tea. Lavender Buttercream is both not lavender-y enough for me and too sweet for me, with its big lumps of sugar crystals in the mix. My first few sips of this, I actually recoiled at the lingering, chemical sweetener taste that it leaves in the mouth. I like it much better cold than hot, for some reason, as that aftertaste seems to dissipate quite a bit when it’s cold. It’s sort of like birthday cake and buttercream frosting, but with the taste of dye and chemical something amped way up in that frosting. The lavender is a barely there afterthought, just a hint of floral. I prefer their regular Birthday Cake tea, and their Lavender Swirl tea is absolute heaven.

Hot w/ added lavender infused honey for extra lavender goodness!

This was a delish evening cup of tea with really smooth, silky lavender and cream notes and a subtle hint of honey and wood. I felt blissfully drowsy after finishing it; perfect end to the evening before falling asleep!