Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

• “This is my third tasting note, and my second tub of this tea. I was at the market again the other day picking up shrimp, green curry, and some miscellaneous produce when I realized I needed some...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 478 tasting notes
  • “This a pleasant Assam. The packages I have bought are marked organic. I have bought it several times, and the flavor and quality have been consistent. This is not a complex tea. It is smooth,...” Read full tasting note
    Silver 4 tasting notes

From DeKalb County Farmer's Market

Product description not available yet.

About DeKalb County Farmer's Market View company

This is my third tasting note, and my second tub of this tea.

I was at the market again the other day picking up shrimp, green curry, and some miscellaneous produce when I realized I needed some kind of plain black tea to make sweet tea from. Since this stuff is under $3 a tub, I figured I could have my loose leaf fix and be cheap at the same time. (Sweet tea is just fodder for myself and whoever’s over anyway.) Made a 2 quart pitcher from 9 teaspoons and added sugar. The pitcher was empty by the end of the night.

momo

I need to go there again soon, I haven’t been in FOREVER! I’m closer to the Buford Highway Farmer’s Market but they don’t have bulk tea :( (or if they do it’s well hidden haha)

Tabby

Oh man, I haven’t been there in at least 3 years. My mom used to take me all the time when I was a teen. I miss it!

This is not a complex tea. It is smooth, hint of maltiness, a lovely dark, rich taste. Takes milk very well. Would be pleasant mixed with another smooth, more complex tea.

I really enjoy this one. Has a bit of a splurge taste, a thickness that I find very nice.

If I remember correctly it was $9.50 per pound, plus taxes.

I use two rounded teaspoons of tea for just under four cups of filtered, purified water. Water is boiled in stainless steel over gas flame. Steeping time: 4:30. It might hold up to a tad longer steeping time.

To me, this one is good enough to give as a present, if the other person knows it is a daily, or almost daily tea, not an extraordinary tea. It is very nice to have an inexpensive Assam available at a place where one buys the weekly groceries. (I wouldn’t drive across town merely for the tea.)

ETA on August 26, 2011: This tea leaves a residue, not only in the teapot and tea cups, but on my teeth. As nice as it is to drink, I have stopped drinking it, because it is so hard to clean the tea stains off my teeth.

Tabby

I’m working my way through their tea selection, too! I’ve been meaning to try their plain Assam. I enjoyed the vanilla, so I’m sure it’s good on its own…

Silver

Hi, Tabby. :) If someone enjoys flavored teas, I think the plain Assam might have enough richness and body that it wouldn’t taste too plain. I don’t drink flavored teas, so can’t say much more.

I bought more of the Assam recently, and it is just as nice as the first few “batches” I bought.