Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Rijje

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Another fine inuit herbal tea! Again, I am so happy and amused by the tea of Délice Boreal, that I find myself wondering where to start my description. So, lets start at the name....” Read full tasting note
    Rijje 93 tasting notes

From Délice Boréal

All parts of the stems, leaves and flowers of the Ukiurtatuq plant are used to make this herbal tea. Traditionally, the plant was used to treat stomach-aches and digestive upset. The infusion is a rich yellow colour, and the flavour has hints of spices and coniferous trees.

Ingredients: Arctic blend (Ukiurtatuq), Echinacea, marshmallow root, peppermint leaves, elder and chamomile flowers, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and coltsfoot leaves.

About Délice Boréal View company

1 Tasting Note

Another fine inuit herbal tea!

So, lets start at the name. “Ukiurtatuq” is the name of the teaplant.
This, in my dialect/language, has something to do with winter. Greenlandic and inutitut are somewhere as far and as close as Danish and Sweedish. If that wasn’t bad enough, our words can have various meaning after what context it is in. So, to not make any big blunder – I’ll just say that the name is something about winter ;)

And WINTER-ish it is.
The smell of cinnamon leads your thoughts back to christmas, of very sweet cakes from the bakery, and stormy nights. The tea itself is sweet and a little sharp in the back of the mouth. Not as sharp as labrador, but it is notable.

I love these teas (From delice) because its made of herbs and tea that grows in my town.
So it gets a good rating by me.