Earl Grey Creme

Bergamot, Black Tea Leaves, Cream Flavoring, Dairy
Cream, Flowers, Lemon Zest, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

From Della Terra Teas

If you love Earl Grey you will adore our Earl Grey Creme. It has the classic Earl Grey flavoring matched with a delicious creme.

About Della Terra Teas View company

Once again Della Terra doesn’t let me down. I am constantly on the look out for the ultimate Earl Grey tea, it’s always been one of my favorites. I’m not sure if this is it, but this is pretty darn good and if you haven’t tried it, you should. I’ve been drinking it pretty much non stop for the last two days, which considering how much I crave variety in my tea, really says something.

This is my first Earl Grey Creme and I’m wondering how I made it this far without trying one before. This isn’t an EG that hits you in the face like many of the others I’ve tried. This is much more subtle, with the vanilla coming through the strongest giving a nice creamy taste, followed up by the citrus bite from the bergamot. I was surprised a bit by how little bergamot was present in this, it tends to be much more present in EGs in general. I’m not sure if this is typical of an EGC or just Della Terra’s take on an EGC. Guess I’ll have to go buy some from a different company and find out (and boy won’t that be a hardship)

I’m really interested to find out how this works as a tea latte since EG is my tea of choice for those. It’s a shame I didn’t order more of this with my last order, I’ll have to wait awhile to find out.

ifjuly

This is one of the least earl grey-y earl greys I’ve ever had, but that’s not a dis on it because it is so, so delicious. Haven’t found a creamier, richer EGC yet.

Pretty good (and there are so many decent earl greys out there to give one a run for one’s money!), though I’m learning as much as I enjoy marveling at the smoothness of a well made cream earl grey I actually prefer mine heavily scented and a bit brisker tasting for some reason—more refreshing, less dessert-rich. This is certainly on the dessert-rich end of the spectrum, with lots of vanilla.

As cream versions go though, this is very well done; with some milk it becomes smooth as butter, with the bergamot element coming in most strongly mid-sip (initially it’s merely fragrant on the nose and then it dissipates after the swallow, taken over by a mouthful of silky cream). Great easy-to-drink texture that doesn’t compromise flavor or overall black tea character. I could definitely see switching up my standard Upton lavender with this sometimes for a regular/near-daily don’t-think-about-it cup, when I want to feel more like I’m eating an afternoon snack than just drinking tea as a pick-me-up.

tl;dr: Not a trace of bitterness or astringency, just butter and silk. Rich rather than refreshing.

First taste on a nerve-wracking exam morning. So far, loving this tea. The bergamot is definitely flavorful, but not overpowering as in some Earl Greys, and the creme flavor softens it enough to allow for a milk-free cup. I love the marshmallowy creaminess the creme adds. Since I’m still a newb, I haven’t had the delight of tasting many creme teas yet, but if this is a hint of what’s to come, I’m pleased to start on the adventure.

Another from my swap with miss Eva. Apparently I’m on a bit of a black tea kick. I’ve had a lot of different Earl Grey over the years, both bagged and loose leaf. I only recently started to try the offshoots of it, such as Lady Greys, Earl Grey Cremes, etc. When I brewed this one up, I was surprised at how subtle it was compared to its predecessors. The flavor was light and silky, with the bergamot immediately making itself known on the palate. The creme part was also present, but I feel like it presented itself mostly in the aftertaste. It reminded me, strangely, of marshmallow: sugary and creamy all at once. The hints of all that decadence made me wish that the flavor was just a little stronger. I suspect I’ll have to adjust my brewing technique and see if I can wrangle more out of it.

Tabby

I actually really liked this one. :)