Grandma's Pumpkin Pie

Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices, Butter, Cookie, Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Emilie

• “ Backlog. I took this to work today in my timolino, and although I still adore the taste profile of this tea, I find that pretty much all the tea I own eventually tastes flatter. I chock it up both...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I think I'm finally getting tired of this blend, it appears 2oz is a bit much for me to drink my way through before I am done with drinking a blend from della terra. However, this is a nice blend...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5360 tasting notes
  • “Yum... I am drinking this with the cookie that *Hesper June* sent me, perfect for dunking! This is one of the best pumpkin teas I have tried so far, it's yummy! And laundry is getting done... hurrah” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2578 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom. Tasty. This is really well balanced. I think theres lemon or orange peel in this, wich is genius! What a good idea! I've found that in a lot of savory things, be it tea or actual food,...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1054 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Take a trip over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house and have a slice of her amazing pumpkin pie! Or, grab your infuser and our Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie tea and have just as great an experience! With the traditional spices you know from the classic pumpkin pie blended into black tea with pumpkin shaped candies you will be sure to crave this one over and over!

Ingredients: Black tea, spices, nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin candies

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6 to 8 oz serving

Water Temp: 212 degree or to a boil

Steep Time: 5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Had a cup of this tea this morning and the first thing I noticed was the wonderful scent. I’m not a big fan of cloves, and a lot of seasonal spice teas have too much clove taste for me. This one was a nice rich blend that wasn’t overpowering and didn’t have a distinctive clove taste. It’s rich and soothing and a perfect match for a fall day.

I think cavocorax is right – this is spicier than the David’s Tea Pumpkin Chai – but the pumpkin chai is pumpkinier. Squashier? In my memories, anyway.

This tea is excellent. I’m enjoying it with my pumpkin cupcakes which are a bit overdry, so it’s working out wonderfully.

Brought some of this to my meeting this morning and it really helped me sit through it. Not that I don’t like the Wednesday meeting but when it goes over I get antsy. This has the perfect amount of pumpkin pie spice without overtaking the taste of the tea. And again…the novelty of little cute shaped sprinkles in my tea is my weakness.

The pumpkin taste was minute but I did not miss it at all. As others have said the cinnamon was light but this was preferable. The spices really came through and while not over powerful (I tend to be a fan of very strongly flavored teas) they stuck in my mouth and danced around a bit.

I was so excited. I wanted pumpkin spiced tea, so I snapped this up. I’m now wishing I hadn’t. Della Terra was sold out of all smaller sizes so I had to buy a 4 oz bag. I figured it’s pumpkin spice – I’d love it.

It’s okay. This is less pumpkin pie and more pumpkin puree with spices that aren’t pumpkin pie spices. The pumpkin is definitely there. There are some odd spices in there that don’t taste like pumpkin pie spices. Maybe some milk will help… (Tried it, and no, it didn’t.)

This is an excellent pumpkin tea! Not overly spiced! One of my new favs!!!

This was Saturday morning’s breakfast tea. It reminds me A LOT of Della Terra’s Chocolate Pumpkin Pie, which I really enjoyed earlier in the year. I think this one lacks the chocolate, but the spicing is pretty much identical, and totally yummy.

I gave 1 tsp of leaf 3.5 minutes in boiling water, and added a splash of milk. I almost did without the milk, but I find breakfast hard to face if there’s no dairy involved. If I were drinking this one during the day I probably wouldn’t bother, but it’s nice to have the option.

I don’t taste a huge amount of “pie” or pastry in this one, but the “filling” is so perfect I honestly don’t mind. The pumpkin is smooth, mildly sweet, and has that “squashy” flavour that’s exclusive to orange vegetables. The spicing is just right — not so mild that it’s lost, but not so strong that it becomes the main component. I can pick out cinnamon and clove readily enough, and something that’s reminding me a little of almond. I guess that’s where the pastry flavour would come in.

I really enjoy teas like this one during the colder months, and it’s definitely one of the nicer pumpkin teas I’ve tried so far. A potential future repurchase, should it be available.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I’ve been wanting to try this one ever since TeaSipper wrote a note saying it seemed to have actual pumpkin puree bits in or something along those lines. Then, the lovely Ost sent me some to try! Yay! I love when it works out like that where I get to try something without having to buy a whole 2 oz.

Does this taste like pie? Yes, it does. Does this taste like pumpkin pie? I don’t know and I don’t care this time. I’m not even 100% sure I’m tasting everything accurately as my nose is still recovering from being sick this past weekend. I think this tastes like cinnamony crusty bits with some kind of sweetish something that I’m willing to call pumpkin. I’m having this plain right now, but I’d wager there’d be more pumpkin flavor with a little sugar added. Ost sent me just enough for a second cup, so I’ll try it that way. I’m glad I found another one from Della Terra that I like since I haven’t had the best of luck with the samples I’ve tried.

And it’s so quintessentially fall outside right now. This was a perfect choice for my noon tea :)

I’ve been super curious about this tea, since I’m a big Della Terra fan! But I figured it would be super cinnamon-y, so I didn’t want to buy any. Thankfully, Rosehips sent me a generous sample! :D
The dry leaf of this tea smells like pure cinnamon, and even while steeping it continued to smell like that. So I wasn’t too hopeful while I waited for it to cool.
When I finally drank it, I was pleasantly surprised.
It wasn’t dominated by cinnamon at all!
The pumpkin was the most present flavor, with a touch of cinnamon and spices.
It’s one of the better pumpkin teas I’ve had (Though I haven’t tried too many :P).

Sadly, I couldn’t finish the entire cup of this one since I had to eat dinner, but I look forward to trying it again. Rosehips gave me enough for a few cups. Super generous of her! Glad I got to try this finally. Thank you so much, Rosehips!! :D

On a side note though!
EIGHT CANDLES AND EGG NOG ARE FINALLY BACK IN STOCK AT DELLA TERRA!!!!!!!!!!!!
They didn’t officially annouce it yet, so I was surprised to see them up on their website. I’ve been waiting for so long it feels like!! And finally they are back! If you haven’t tried them, but love dessert teas, try them!! They are both incredible!! :D

Flavors: Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Spices

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

ooh a pumpkin spice tea that actually tastes like pumpkin? I will have to check it out!

Rosehips

Glad that it wasn’t a ball o cinnamon doom!
I also love Eight Candles. I’ll need to pick some up!

albertocanfly

EEEEEPPPP! So excited!!!

Cameron B.

They stopped carrying the 1 ounce size for some reason. :(

Thanks to Dexter for this sample!

This smells like holiday spices – it takes me to Christmas, with sweetness, cinnamon, vanilla, and maybe all spice.

On the palette it’s actually very dry – none of the sweet smell translates to sweetness on the tongue, except right at the very end of the finish, and then only subtly. There’s a hint of bitterness from the black tea base, but a nice, round pumpkiny flavour to balance it out. Hints of cream and butter are also there.

A bit of sugar in the second half of my cup really pulls together the pumpkin pie impressions, and I’m really, really enjoying it now.

I was hoping to get a good second steep out of this cup but alas, the second cup isn’t very good. I added milk and sugar and I’m not getting much other flavours besides this weird metallic taste.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Cookie, Cream, Pumpkin, Vanilla