Grandma's Pumpkin Pie

Butter, Cinnamon, Cookie, Cream, Pumpkin, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Emilie

• “ Backlog. I took this to work today in my timolino, and although I still adore the taste profile of this tea, I find that pretty much all the tea I own eventually tastes flatter. I chock it up both...” Read full tasting note
    keychange 451 tasting notes
  • “I think I'm finally getting tired of this blend, it appears 2oz is a bit much for me to drink my way through before I am done with drinking a blend from della terra. However, this is a nice blend...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5075 tasting notes
  • “Yum... I am drinking this with the cookie that *Hesper June* sent me, perfect for dunking! This is one of the best pumpkin teas I have tried so far, it's yummy! And laundry is getting done... hurrah” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2473 tasting notes
  • “Nom nom nom. Tasty. This is really well balanced. I think theres lemon or orange peel in this, wich is genius! What a good idea! I've found that in a lot of savory things, be it tea or actual food,...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 956 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Take a trip over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house and have a slice of her amazing pumpkin pie! Or, grab your infuser and our Grandma’s Pumpkin Pie tea and have just as great an experience! With the traditional spices you know from the classic pumpkin pie blended into black tea with pumpkin shaped candies you will be sure to crave this one over and over!

Ingredients: Black tea, spices, nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin candies

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6 to 8 oz serving

Water Temp: 212 degree or to a boil

Steep Time: 5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Had a cup of this tea this morning and the first thing I noticed was the wonderful scent. I’m not a big fan of cloves, and a lot of seasonal spice teas have too much clove taste for me. This one was a nice rich blend that wasn’t overpowering and didn’t have a distinctive clove taste. It’s rich and soothing and a perfect match for a fall day.

I think cavocorax is right – this is spicier than the David’s Tea Pumpkin Chai – but the pumpkin chai is pumpkinier. Squashier? In my memories, anyway.

This tea is excellent. I’m enjoying it with my pumpkin cupcakes which are a bit overdry, so it’s working out wonderfully.

Brought some of this to my meeting this morning and it really helped me sit through it. Not that I don’t like the Wednesday meeting but when it goes over I get antsy. This has the perfect amount of pumpkin pie spice without overtaking the taste of the tea. And again…the novelty of little cute shaped sprinkles in my tea is my weakness.

The pumpkin taste was minute but I did not miss it at all. As others have said the cinnamon was light but this was preferable. The spices really came through and while not over powerful (I tend to be a fan of very strongly flavored teas) they stuck in my mouth and danced around a bit.

I was so excited. I wanted pumpkin spiced tea, so I snapped this up. I’m now wishing I hadn’t. Della Terra was sold out of all smaller sizes so I had to buy a 4 oz bag. I figured it’s pumpkin spice – I’d love it.

It’s okay. This is less pumpkin pie and more pumpkin puree with spices that aren’t pumpkin pie spices. The pumpkin is definitely there. There are some odd spices in there that don’t taste like pumpkin pie spices. Maybe some milk will help… (Tried it, and no, it didn’t.)

This is an excellent pumpkin tea! Not overly spiced! One of my new favs!!!

Thanks to Dexter for this sample!

This smells like holiday spices – it takes me to Christmas, with sweetness, cinnamon, vanilla, and maybe all spice.

On the palette it’s actually very dry – none of the sweet smell translates to sweetness on the tongue, except right at the very end of the finish, and then only subtly. There’s a hint of bitterness from the black tea base, but a nice, round pumpkiny flavour to balance it out. Hints of cream and butter are also there.

A bit of sugar in the second half of my cup really pulls together the pumpkin pie impressions, and I’m really, really enjoying it now.

I was hoping to get a good second steep out of this cup but alas, the second cup isn’t very good. I added milk and sugar and I’m not getting much other flavours besides this weird metallic taste.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Cookie, Cream, Pumpkin, Vanilla

I really didn’t like this when I first bought it last year. For whatever reason I’ve been revisiting all of the Della Terra Teas that I wasn’t happy with, and have found that I am appreciating them a lot more now. Brewed stronger with some added milk and sweetener it is a really nice slightly spiced fall tea.

4 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I received this in MissB’s tea stash sale. Thank you!

I had this on my wishlist and when I saw it for sale thought I would pick it up. Unfortunately the cinnamon in this was way too strong for me and the pumpkin does not shine through enough to make up for it. I am glad I got to try it, but I hope I can find a home for the rest of it. It is not my cup of tea.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

After being a bit overwhelmed by Della Terra’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake blend yesterday, I was slightly apprehensive to try this pumpkin pie tea. Happily, I needn’t have worried. The dry leaf smells good, in a sugary and nondescript way. While steeping, the tea smells like baked goods – I wouldn’t say pumpkin pie specifically, but it’s a very good smell.

Once I got a chance to sip it, though, I could taste the pumpkin pie very clearly. Honestly, it is the right taste, plus heat and minus the texture. The base tea helps to create the flavor, and blends in rather than standing out. It is sweet, but not too sweet, and not too spicy, either. It’s not very full bodied, but it does have a slightly creamy mouthfeel, which helps give the illusion of pumpkin pie taste. I think it is a very nice dessert tea, and it will suit perfectly for nights this fall when I am craving a sweet treat.