Chocolate Covered Strawberry

Berries, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Della Terra Teas

From Della Terra Teas

Love chocolate covered strawberries from your favorite local candy shop? Then this tea is for you! It has the delicious taste of strawberries with real strawberry bits and mini chocolate morsels.

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, strawberry bits, chocolate flavoring

About Della Terra Teas View company

Tastes a bit like DAVIDs Love Tea #7…which I can get locally. Nice to have this bag though…I love me a chocolate strawberry tea! I think this is from OMGsrsly??

OMGsrsly

Yep! Glad you’re enjoying it!

Amariel

It’s tasty. So thanks for the very generous bag!

OMGsrsly

I was not really a fan, and giveaways are much nicer than throwaways. :)

I have received so many swap packages in the past week or so, that I can’t remember who this is from.

As we all know Della Terra has quickly become one of my favourite tea companies, if not my favourite. And this tea is no exception.

Chocolate teas can be hit or miss, but this is yummy. It’s better hot than after it cools, you really get the strawberry flavour when it’s hot. Very sweet & juicy & the nice touch of milk chocolate.

Jackie T

I sent you that one, I’m glad you like it :)

I can’t believe this tea has not been reviewed before and feel completely honored to be the first! I ordered this in the recent “Sample Pack” promo that Della Terra Teas was offering.

Let me just say that this is one of the most intoxicating and deliciously scented teas. Right out of the bag it opens up a world of gourmet chocolate covered strawberry goodness. The quality of the tea is exceptional, and it is a pleasure to see real bits of dried strawberries in the mix. A good proportion of strawberry and chocolate “bits”.

The website recommends a “5 Min” steep time, but I find that to be too long for a black tea, so I went for a 2 minute steep instead. Once again I feel the need to mention just how lovely this tea smells!

Flavor-wise it is perfect for a dessert tea (which are my favorites). I did sweeten it slightly with a bit of rock sugar which really brought out the sweeter more chocolate like notes. The taste of strawberry is sweet and lingering and the blend is just mixed perfectly as to not be too strong flavor wise to hide the taste of a fine black tea.

Della Terra Teas, I feel like we are about to start the beginning of a very long friendship. I have a few more samples to try and have a feeling they are all going to be as fine of quality as this one.

Della Terra Teas

We thank you so much! Knowing that our teas are appreciated the way we imagined is a great feeling! Having it as a dessert tea is the best way isn’t it?! Again, thank you SO much!

This smells so nice. It reminds me of these chocolates I get at the Japanese grocery store. Has a good berry/ chocolatey flavour too. Good, but I prefer the Sundae blend.

The strawberry & chocolate flavor here is spot on, there just isn’t enough of it. The scent of the leaves is especially scrumptious. I think there may be a milder black tea used for this one, as there is hardly any flavor to the black tea itself. Also, my sample pouch definitely didn’t look like the picture. Look at all those bright strawberries! But in my sample, the strawberries were harder to see (also probably because the leaves were coating the strawberry pieces for some reason… this blend was almost like “black tea covered strawberry” rather than “chocolate covered strawberry”!! The steep color was very light. So this tea was delicious, but there just wasn’t too much flavor. But what flavor is there is very natural. I don’t know why I’m complaining, since any other tea company’s blend like this would be way worse, have even less flavor. But I guess I have a higher level of expectation with Della Terra since their blends are usually so good!

I’m not usually one for chocolate covered strawberries in real life, so I was surprised to enjoy this tea so much! It’s not a completely authentic flavor, which I think is an improvement; I’m more reminded of a high-quality candy than actual strawberries. Sweetened, this one is all flavoring and no tea taste, which isn’t for everyone but is something I enjoy in dessert teas.

Dry this tea smells very strongly of strawberries and I hopped it would translate as strongly into the brewed tea, I was really disappointed when it didn’t. While this was hot I had trouble telling that there was even strawberry in this tea.

I was once again disappointed in the quality of chocolate used. It seems to me that Della Terra uses the exact same chocolate flavoring in all of its chocolate teas and I just don’t care for it. It also leaves every one of their chocolate teas tasting exactly the same.

Thank you Schmiracles for this sample :)

I haven’t been a fan of Della Terra teas as far as what I have tried so far. My mother seems to like them a lot, so I gave her most of my left overs.

This one really isn’t so bad as others I’ve tried. It’s a tolerable comforting drink, but probably not one I’ll go out of my way to get. I think its real redeeming quality is strawberry. I like strawberry flavored teas. The chocolate in this one is still as flat and boring as I remember from previous Della Terra teas, but it keeps it’s distance and doesn’t over power.

Maybe I am not being fair to Della Terra. Admittedly, I haven’t found many chocolate flavored or blended or even ‘noted’ teas that I like (chocolate peppermint blends being the primary exception). It could be that chocolate in tea isn’t for me, but I’m not ready to give up on it just yet. In fact, I remember that there was a pretty good chocolate cherry blend from The Tea Spot that I have on my shopping list.

TeaBrat

I don’t understand the fuss over chocolate teas either…

Shelley_Lorraine

my mother says it’s because I am not a ‘true’ chocoholic. But you know, she’s right. if I was addicted, anything would do. I only like quality chocolate!

This is pretty decent. I feel like all of the elements are well balanced here; people who like their flavoured teas to still taste like tea may like this. The black base is nice, and the chocolate and strawberry are equally present, I’d say (which contradicts the next sentence, but I think I’m just better at picking up chocolate than fruit notes). I get more chocolate and only the suggestion of strawberry (there’s a tartness that lingers in your mouth, and upon first sipping it you get some berry flavour).
So yes, it’s good. A perfectly decent tea and very well executed, but not mindblowing for me. Of course, I don’t think chocolate covered strawberries are anything to write home about either, so your mileage may vary.

After smelling this, I didn’t actually want to try it. But since I had opened the package, I thought I should give it a go. I’m pleasantly surprised! Smelling it is just a whomp of chocolate flavouring, which really isn’t my favourite thing. The tea leaves in my bag are all stuck to the strawberry pieces, so I’m guessing the strawberries weren’t as dry as they might have been before they were incorporated into the tea.

Again, it’s a light black tea background with a lot of other flavour. The chocolate tastes like chocolate coating, and the berry flavour comes out when steeped. I think I’d like this better if there was more strawberry and less chocolate. I’m kinda sad that I ended up with a 2oz bag of this one, but I’ll give some to a friend and pack up some samples to bring to the swap that’s happening next weekend.

tl;dr: It’s a good tea, but the chocolate flavour isn’t my favourite. More strawberry! Less chocolate!