Lemon Chiffon

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Cake, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Sweet, Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Frosting
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “So strangely I haven't apparently had this since December.....which doesn't really seem right but hey, we'll go with it. Final tally for tonight is 230 BUT I haven't had a chance to put the shared...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “I'm very close to a sipdown for this one! One, maybe 2 cups left :P I did a small boo boo with this cup, I rinsed my cups earlier with vinegar to try to remove some tea stains, must not have rinsed...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 917 tasting notes
  • “I had been wanting to cold brew a rooibos tea for a while and I believe it was *Sil* who mentioned that this was good as a cold brew. Having tried it, I can now confidently say she was right. This...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1922 tasting notes
  • “Travel-mugged this one as well. Definitely more creamy today, so I'll really have to repeat my comparison, and add Lemon-Lime Cream Tart in there too. Quite tasty though. I think that keeping one...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

If you love lemon cake, lemon frosting, lemon pie, lemon cookies… shall I go on? You get the point! This tea is for you! This tea is a blended rooibos and honeybush. With the rich and delicious flavor of real, homemade cake and the tartness and fruity freshness of real lemon, this tea will certainly be your morning cup, or your dessert treat.

Ingredients: Lemon flavor, cream flavor, lemon pieces and bits.

About Della Terra Teas View company

This one was calling me to try last night! Something lemony and creamy. Unless I steeped it too hot (right after boiling — for three minutes)… I’d say it is equal to Lime Chiffon. I think I like them both equally. But maybe I didn’t steep it perfectly enough. The tartness of the lemon pairs so well with the cream. With the second steep, I waited a bit for the water to cool. There was less rooibos and lemon flavor but a ton more cream. I’m not sure how that happened! I should have more to say about this one. I think my favorite cream blend from DT is the blueberry cream though. Certainly a favorite rooibos blend.. but then again, it’s from Della Terra!

Backlog:

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tisane to try. I loved how good it smelled – it made me think of freshly baked lemon bars … and just remembering how good it smelled is making my mouth water.

Here is my full-length review of this tisane: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/01/26/lemon-chiffon-from-della-terra-teas-2/

oh lemon, my mom & I make these lemon squares that are so good.
and my local tea house carries these ridiculously amazing lemon squares omg. they are my weakness.
this tea smells just like bakey, lemon goodness.

I thought I had reviewed this the first time I drank it… oops must have forgot. I received this in one of my orders as a sample. I’ve ordered from Della Terra about 3 times in 3 months. Love them!!!
this isn’t quite as tart & lemony as the first time I had it, probably not even leaves.
I’m not sure I get a whole lot of bakey goodness in this one, more like a creamy lemon.

this is part of my sipdown which I was suppose to do yesterday, but hey I was dying in hangover city & although the tea would have helped I had no energy to make any.

I do love this tea, although it’s very similar to several others I have already (Lemon Meringue by Tealish and Green Rooibos Citron by Adagio). This will be a sipdown shortly, and while I do like a few of Della Terra’s blends (this being my favorite), there’s nothing that called to me so strongly that I feel the need to reorder anytime soon.

greenteafairy

Do you find all three of those blends basically comparable, or is there a standout among them?

MissB

I find them all excellent, in different ways. Citron is more orange/lemon, Lemon Meringue is the creamiest, whereas Lemon Chiffon is the more lemony. I am leaning towards green rooibos over red of late though (which Citron and Meringue are), although I’d never know it was red with Lemon Chiffon.

This is the first rooibos without ANY hint of a medicinal taste! Not even a hint. YES!

Thank you jessiwrites for this awesome sample, you’re too good to me :) I’d like to try Lime and Lemon Chiffon next to one another to see which I prefer. I do have some Lemon Lime Cream Tart I may get to later to at least try that against this lovely. I can see this being a permanent part of my collection.

Just steeping a second infusion, I may add milk this time to see what happens.

I enjoyed half of my second cup straight, then added some milk. It really doesn’t taste all that different to me, just slightly subdued at most. I think I’ll be enjoying this sans milk from now on since it’s delicious that way.

The third steep of this is still just as delicious. Perhaps this could be steeped forever?

Update March 27/13: jessiwrites was awesome and sent me some of this AND Lime Chiffon AND Lemon Lime Cream Tart to hold me over until the next Della Terra order. And it was waiting for my in my mailbox after a frustrating day at school. Ahh yum :)

jessiwrites

Oh, yay! So glad you liked this one, I quite enjoy it. I think my favorite of the three is Lime Chiffon, but I am partial to lime.

Cavocorax

I haven’t had the lemon but I really like the lime. It’s so easy to get lemon teas that I thought lime was more exciting! You make the lemon sound very good though.

Courtney

I also really enjoyed the lime :) I’ll have to try them next to one another to determine which one I’ll be keeping haha.

First tea I’m trying from my Try Me pack!

I thought this might work as an iced tea, so I gave it a shot. I’m amazed my parents haven’t bought milk lately…the carton in the fridge has a sell by date of August 10 sooooo I am not touching it. I think that would make this even better.

I’m still not used to iced red rooibos/honeybush so this isn’t omg good to me. The flavor is mostly the base teas, with a nice touch of lemony goodness and just a hint of cream. I added agave but it doesn’t seem like it made any difference.

It does remind me of lemon cookies, I’ll try it hot next time. But I think it definitely works as an iced tea if you like iced honeybush. I want to acquire the taste already! I have a few other honeybush and honeybush/rooibos blends I want to try cold but I can’t get much beyond honeybush.

nice glad to see these reviews coming in :)

Sipdown!
OK…sample sipdown!
This is an interesting tea, tasty lemon pudding/cake flavored. I’m not a huge fan of rooibos, & I’m not really tasting it, so that’s a plus. I drank a lot of caffeine today, so I’m glad to have something that doesn’t pack a punch. Thanks, Sil, for sending me this sample! :)

that’s why i have a few of these in my cupboard, so long as they don’t taste like rooibos lol

Fjellrev

Nice, it’s hard to find ones that don’t taste like rooibos!

Definitely prefer Lime Chiffon, but this is still very tasty.

I put some in the fridge tonight, because I’m curious. I’ve never had a cold rooibos before, so I felt like experimenting. Fun, tea experiments! So tomorrow, I will give it a try. Lemon seems like it would be good hot or cold.

Courtney

Agreed on the hot or cold lemon. Let me know how that goes :)

I like having a nice lemony dessert tea in the collection, but haven’t been able to find one that I completely love & adore & must have at all times. I was a fan of the lime chiffon tea from Della Terra, but couldn’t manage to finish the rather large pouch I had ordered… for some reason, it started to taste a bit too artificial and gross. I saw that this one had nice reviews, so I decided to give it a try!

This tea is quite similar to the lime chiffon blend, but doesn’t have that distinctive citrus flavor that lime contributes. It has quite a creamy mouthfeel and a little hint of a vanilla in the background. I think of this tea as more of a lemon + vanilla blend. It actually reminds me a lot of the lemon bar filling without the crust. Sweet, lemony and with a hint of tartness.

Even though I do like this tea, the underlying artificial note sort of ruins the cup for me. Now, it isn’t enough to keep me from drinking, but I prefer lemon dessert teas to at least taste a little less fake. Sadly, not my favorite lemony tea, but still drinkable.

This one comes my way of the dear VariaTEA. :) Thank you so much! You are just beyond awesome :)

Hoo boy, is this lemon. Like lemony lemon lemon. With quite a bit of sweet, like sucking on a lemon candy or eating lemon cake. Actually, more so the latter than the former. This tea definitely lives up to it’s name! I’m not the biggest fan of lemon cake – so right now, I have instant bias. This wouldn’t be the first thing I reach for in my drawer, but if I ever want lemon I know where to go.