Lemon Chiffon

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Cake, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Meringue, Sweet, Vanilla, Butter, Cream, Frosting
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “So strangely I haven’t apparently had this since December…..which doesn’t really seem right but hey, we’ll go with it. Final tally for tonight is 230 Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6601 tasting notes
  • “I’m very close to a sipdown for this one! One, maybe 2 cups left :P I did a small boo boo with this cup, I rinsed my cups earlier with vinegar to try to remove some tea stains, must not have...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1077 tasting notes
  • “I had been wanting to cold brew a rooibos tea for a while and I believe it was Sil who mentioned that this was good as a cold brew. Having tried it, I can now confidently say she...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2379 tasting notes
  • “Travel-mugged this one as well. Definitely more creamy today, so I’ll really have to repeat my comparison, and add Lemon-Lime Cream Tart in there too. Quite tasty though. I think that keeping...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3013 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

If you love lemon cake, lemon frosting, lemon pie, lemon cookies… shall I go on? You get the point! This tea is for you! This tea is a blended rooibos and honeybush. With the rich and delicious flavor of real, homemade cake and the tartness and fruity freshness of real lemon, this tea will certainly be your morning cup, or your dessert treat.

Ingredients: Lemon flavor, cream flavor, lemon pieces and bits.

About Della Terra Teas View company

1962 tasting notes

Yum. Creamy delicate lemony tea. I’ve never had honeybush plain, but I’m guessing that’s the interesting flavour behind the lemon. I do like this one!

I didn’t add anything, and it doesn’t need it. It might be really nice as a latte, though. The lemon is creamy rather than tart, and I would have it with almond milk. 1 oz is actually a lot of tea, so I have plenty to play around with. Mostly it’s nice to have an evening tea that isn’t based on vanilla flavours!

Please keep things friendly and .

I have read so many good things about this blend, and was really eager to get my hands on a sample of this. Many thanks goes out to Short Sorceress for providing me with one.

This is delicious. OMG this is REALLY GOOD!! I didn’t know what to expect, but I didn’t expect this to taste as good as it does. I didn’t add sugar, this blend does not need it. It imparts a sweet creamy lemon dessert flavour.

I have a lemon chiffon from another company, which I have yet to try…I wonder if it will be as good as this one.

Please keep things friendly and .

Lemon Heaven is what this tea should be named. It’s a perfectly smooth and delicious rooibos. It reminds me of Adagio’s Lemon Cloud. It also reminds me of the amazing lemon meringue pie my grandmother used to make. WOW! Definitely a dessert tea worth trying. YUM! It made my Flikr Happy365 photo for the day. A bright tea for a dreary winter’s day.

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea has a strong dessert-y lemon flavor. It’s creamy, not tart at all, and the rooibos is hardly detectable. I can see it’s appeal to others, but it’s a too artificially sweet for me. I don’t care for the sugary aftertaste.

Please keep things friendly and .

Lemon. Creamy. Goodness. This was my second Della Terra tea and I was definitely impressed. I couldn’t taste a hint of rooibos. A friend that I enjoyed this with was not a fan of rooibos but said this was one of his favorites. I drink a lot of tea and am short on decafs and this will definitely be a staple. The tea lasted a second infusion quite well too.

liked the 2nd steep better actually

Please keep things friendly and .

The problem (for me at least) with getting sample orders is that I want to try everything all at once. Then I get amped up on caffeine and turn into a late night impulse buyer… mostly of teas. It’s a vicious circle.

Rarely have I had the pleasure of drinking a tea that actually tastes like it smells. With Lemon Chiffon the smell and taste are a perfect match! The only difference is that the smell of this tea tricks my mind into thinking that I’m about to eat/drink lemon frosting but I sip and am reassured that it’s “just tea”. Just really REALLY delicious tea.

It smells like a dessert and the smell becomes a burst of flavor in your mouth. I know that’s not the best description and it’s a little difficult for me to explain… well, if you’ve ever been to a bakery and ordered the little round or crescent moon shaped lemon cookies that are coated with powder sugar, then you already know what this tastes like. It’s delicious!

I have this too and can’t wait to try it!

I look forward to reading your tasting note!

Please keep things friendly and .

Field day today – I spent most of it running after errant high school students, manning an inflatable Tick-Tack-Toe game, teaching small pockets of students how to toss a Diablo (aka Chinese Yo-Yo), and evading/attacking with water guns and ballons. I am so exhausted I barely managed to drag my sorry tail to the post office to mail off a swap. I am so glad that I did!

My first Della Terra “Try Me Sampler” was waiting in my mailbox, and when I got home the husband and I couldn’t take our noses out of these samples! It was very, very tough to decide which to make first, but the promise of a little creamy zest won out.

I used the 16oz tetsubin, placed 3 teaspoons in the filter (the directions say 1tsp/6oz), steeped for 5 minutes, and ultimately added 2 tablespoons of Sugar in the Raw and a dash of milk. We did check-ins along the way: At four minutes of steeping, without sugar, without cream, etc.

What we ended up with was absolutely delightful! At first we were worried that the end product wouldn’t match the mind-blowing smell of the dry mix, but with the extra sugar and milk it’s living up to the hype! I wish I had ordered more than the 1oz sample, because I can easily imagine afternoon writing or reading with a cup of this at my side. I’m fairly certain this is going to stay in the cupboard!

Please keep things friendly and .

This tea smells lemony, and slightly like cake. It tastes like lemon, both the sweet lemon and the slightly bitter peel. I like the honeybrush undertones, I think it balances out the tea well (and gives it a beautiful color). The tea isn’t over the top lemon, but the flavor is definitely there, and it’s not overly sweet – more like a hint of sweetness or the suggestion of cake. Overall I really like it! Unfortunately I don’t have enough of this one to see if it tastes good iced, but I bet it would be great in summer.

Thanks go to Stephanie for sending me this sample!

Please keep things friendly and .

It smells fantastic. The flavour is lemony, and creamy. The first thing that came to mind was lemon cupcakes.

Please keep things friendly and .

Wah! Sad sad sipdown. This is still creamy lemony goodness. Just a lovely caffeine-free dessert blend. Pretty good iced, but I prefer it hot in the evenings. This or the orange & cream is on my ideal rotation list. Alas, I am now out of all the cream/citrus Della Terra blends.

EDIT: On a whim, I added a shot of Irish cream to the rest of the cup. Yum yum yum! The creaminess factor is dialed way up by the booze and the lemon flavor plays beautifully with the creaminess. What a lovely nightcap!

Boiling 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML