Lemon Chiffon

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Butter, Cake, Cream, Frosting, Lemon, Meringue, Vanilla, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “So strangely I haven't apparently had this since December.....which doesn't really seem right but hey, we'll go with it. Final tally for tonight is 230 BUT I haven't had a chance to put the shared...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4861 tasting notes
  • “I'm very close to a sipdown for this one! One, maybe 2 cups left :P I did a small boo boo with this cup, I rinsed my cups earlier with vinegar to try to remove some tea stains, must not have rinsed...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 906 tasting notes
  • “I had been wanting to cold brew a rooibos tea for a while and I believe it was *Sil* who mentioned that this was good as a cold brew. Having tried it, I can now confidently say she was right. This...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1881 tasting notes
  • “Travel-mugged this one as well. Definitely more creamy today, so I'll really have to repeat my comparison, and add Lemon-Lime Cream Tart in there too. Quite tasty though. I think that keeping one...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

If you love lemon cake, lemon frosting, lemon pie, lemon cookies… shall I go on? You get the point! This tea is for you! This tea is a blended rooibos and honeybush. With the rich and delicious flavor of real, homemade cake and the tartness and fruity freshness of real lemon, this tea will certainly be your morning cup, or your dessert treat.

Ingredients: Lemon flavor, cream flavor, lemon pieces and bits.

About Della Terra Teas View company

I’m brand new to tea so I don’t feel that my palate is yet qualified to make any “deep” tasting notes…However, I could not resist saying this tea is RIDICULOUSLY delicious!

yappychappy

Della terra is a great starting point!

yssah - Love is Tea (LIT)

mmmmmmmmmmm, first time i think im gonna love ridiculous :)

Yum! This tastes like a creamy lemon frosting with vanilla – at least that is what I pick up. I’m happy I have 2 oz of this. Yay Della Terra sales!!

Gosh this tea is delicious. It smells wonderful dry, brewing, and in the cup. Once brewed it smells strongly like a good, creamy lemon bar, and it tastes like one too! As it sits it seems to get sweeter, more like lemon drop candy than straight lemon. There’s a buttery pastry thing going on, like you can taste the crust of a homemade lemon bar—yum! I reckon it would be scrumptious with a biscuit or other baked good, though it clearly doesn’t require one as it’s practically a creamy, sticky baked lemon dessert in itself.

And it doesn’t have caffeine! This is an awesome find.

Gotta admit I was kind of worried Della Terra would disappoint me the way David’s and Adagio have in the past, where the dessert blends sound so indulgent and wonderful but then don’t live up to that for me. But no! Both Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and Lemon Chiffon are so richly satisfying both in aroma and taste…I think I’ve finally found a go-to over-the-top-dessert-blends source (52teas fits to some extent, but the time-sensitive limited runs put a damper on that in terms of stocking reliability).

My Della Terra adventures continue! In the bag, this smelled divine- sweet & tangy lemons- so hopes were high! My only concern is that sometimes rooibos overpowers everything else in a blend, so I was hoping the same didn’t happen here.

No need to panic… this is yummy! The rooibos is definitely there, but it remains nicely in the background, whilst lemon is the most outstanding flavour. I added some sugar to bring out the sweetness & I did consider adding milk but no need- this is deliciously creamy all by itself. I’m currently drinking a second steep; the taste has muted somewhat but it’s still a wonderful tasting cup.

I’ll definitely be buying a big bag of this once my sample has run out!

So I received my first Della Terra order yesterday and promptly ripped it open. This was the first tea I smelled and I knew that it would also be the first I tried.
Absolutely amazing. It’s almost hard to describe the layers of flavors. I swear you can actually taste a pastry crust, followed by a warm lemon flavor. Sometimes with lemon teas, all you taste is that harsh citrus. This is not that guy. The lemon is subtle and creamy and delicious.
This will definitely find its way into my cup rather frequently, so I guess I should order more immediately.

This truly does remind me of lemon custard. I don’t find it overly sweet, but it’s definitely a dessert flavor. My favorite way to drink this was cold-brewed. Though I did like it hot, I felt that the rooibos got a little woodsy if I let it steep for longer than 5 minutes… and as I am super forgetful at night (when I tend to go for herbals) that just doesn’t fly. I could do with a little more citrus edge, but this is by far my favorite Della Terra tea so far.

8 min or more

I love lemon. I love rooibos. I really liked, but did not absolutely love, this blend. Drank it straight and found it a little too sweet to my taste. It left that thick feeling you get in your mouth after you eat a piece of lemon meringue pie. This is incredible if you like and are in the mood for lemon meringue! I might save this tea for such a mood.

I love rooibos tea and this is such a flavourful but not at all herbal tasting one! The flavour reminds me of Epicure’s Lemon Chiffon dessert dip, so yummy!

Steeped 1/2 tbs for 10 minutes, with a splash of milk and 2 packets of raw sugar

I cold brewed this for about 24hrs. I can’t believe how much I like this fluffy creamy lemon rooibos. I once assumed all tea with lemon would be tart and pucker your lips without adding sugar. I’m going to have to get some.

Lemon pastry! Cake! Buttercream icing! Mmmm!

There’s no icky, medicinal rooibos taste here. The lemon is not tart or sour—it’s smooth, and it’s paired with a soft, creamy vanilla flavor. It’s a little drying on the tongue but I have no real complaints. I tried Lime Chiffon right before this, and this one lacks that distinctly citrus note. It’s more like lemon candy or lemon cake than actual lemon. That’s fine with me though! I expected lemon pastry and that’s what I got.

I can’t help but wish there was a version of this with white tea. Maybe black tea. Though it’s nice to have something caffeine-free before bed, it lacks a certain depth of character that belongs only my beloved camellia sinensis!

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Cream, Frosting, Lemon, Meringue, Vanilla

Cheri

I find it interesting reading others reviews of this and the lime chiffon. People generally think they’re both okay, but definitely prefer one over the other.

kimquat

I didn’t notice until you pointed it out, but that seems right! I actually preferred the lime to this one. It was a little less artificial. It looks like most people prefer lemon, though…

Cheri

I loved the lime one hot. I have some I cold steeped in the fridge that I plan on having later today.