Cocoa, Marshmallow, Vanilla, Malt, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Sitting at home sipping on a cup of S'mores with half and half. I'm trying to have a cup a day so I can get it out of the way. I still like it but would like to move on. I just remembered that...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 813 tasting notes
  • “Good news: my shift is over. Bad news: my shift was absolutely freaking terrible. Good news: I'm not coming back to work for a week! And also, this tea. I wanted dessert after the crazy...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “I am not a huge fan of DAVIDs Toasted Marshmallow but when I combined it with this tea, it actually complimented it quite nicely. Unfortunately, all my consequent cups combining the teas,...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1938 tasting notes
  • “FINALLY actually enjoying a cup of tea! Yes I must be getting better! Finally thank goodness! I wanted something vanilla but still a bit weak to get too far into my cupboard to find the one I was...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

One of the best things about sitting around a fire are of course, the S’mores! We’ve captured all that is amazing about a melty gooey S’more in this black tea! You’ll taste the familiar tastes of marshmallow, graham cracker and chocolate. So, even when you aren’t outside by a crackling campire you can enjoy the delicious taste of a S’more anytime!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, chocolate flavor, mini marshmallows, marshmallow and graham flavoring, finely crushed graham crackers

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Delicious, subtle, marshmallowey s’mores! I knew I’d love this one after seeing so many positive reviews pop up on my dashboard. S’mores flavoured things can be a little iffy to me. In general I have found them to be so heavy on the chocolate that it just completely overwhelms everything else. I’m left craving the sweet, toasty goodness of marshmallow and graham. Not so with this one!

The first scent and flavour I get is sweet & fluffy marshmallows. I think it helps that this tea contains both mini marshmallows and marshmallow flavouring. The flavouring really amps things up. And the graham cracker crumbs are just such a lovely touch. I don’t know how much they contribute, but they are fun and I definitely get some sort of toasted graham taste in the background, which is nice. The chocolate is nice and creamy, more like an afterthought. Just perfect.

I think the stronger marshmallow and graham with the subtle chocolate is what really makes this blend taste authentically ’s’mores’. Cause when you think about it, there’s really not that much chocolate in them.

My only wish is that it would brew up a little sturdier – I find it very slightly watered down. Maybe a stronger black tea base would help? But it’s still lovely as it is, if a little light. Some people might even appreciate that about it.

This one is not an instant favourite like Cafe Vanilla was, but it is most certainly a tasty, memorable, and intriguing cup. Falling in love with Della Terra’s flavoured blends, & especially the desserty ones, just like so many of my steepster friends.

So after the recommended steep this tasted like a generic black tea at first. But then…bam! All the flavors hit at the end of the sip; marshmallow with a hint of chocolate and a touch of “bakeiness” that must be graham cracker. It was like going to a party and at the end everyone looks at you and yells “Surprise!!”

Then I accidentally oversteeped the rest. And guess what…it was better! The flavors came to the forefront while the base stayed smooth. Now it was like getting greeted right at the door with big fluffy marshmallow hugs. Now that’s my kinda party!

I think I prefer Love in a Cup due cause of the caramel (over the graham cracker), but this was also yummy. Thanks so much to Emily M for letting me try it!

Cuppa the afternoon…..

This is really good, but not something I must have in my cupboard. The girl scout in me is probably screaming right now, but I think I prefer others from Della Terra over this one.

I get light notes of chocolate, and I can taste the grahm, but I think I am missing that pow of marshmallow I get from Eight Candles. Really, the marshmallow is the right level for this to taste like a smore with most of the marshmallow squished out. I prefer the double marshmallow versions of smores any day, though. I can’t say I would never rebuy this, but there are just so many other flavored teas to ‘entertain’.

Usual mug method just a little heavier on the tea.

I don’t remember this one having such a graham cracker/roasted smell to it the first time I tried it, but it’s definitely apparent now. And it’s a really nice smell! The smell is sweeter as well, kind of candied. Maybe because I mushed up a few of the marshmallows in it. The brewed tea brings out more of the chocolate and black tea smells, pushing the graham cracker scent to the background.

But yumm does it taste nice – a slight sweetness, lightly chocolate, black tea still apparent and an aftertaste of toasty graham cracker. I can definitely see why it’s one of Della Terra Tea’s highest rated teas on here.

OK, so I was apparently being overgenerous when I first rated this tea. There are so many other teas with flavored elements that are better than this. It manages to just taste like black tea, with maybe a little chocolate in it. No noticeable sweetness from the marshmallows, and I can’t taste any graham cracker. I don’t see a point in trying this one again.

canadianadia

It’s funny, when I tried this the first time I felt the same way that your did (little/no flavor and basically a black tea). But I’m drinking it right now, and I’m getting the s’mores taste much more. I think it may depend on the mixture that happens to get scooped out. I personally like a tea that gives more consistent brews so it’s not an absolute love for me either.

Elizabeth

That’s something that I’ve wondered. Perhaps I’m just getting sample that were from the “bottom of the barrel?” It’s frustrating seeing all the great reviews of the Della Terra teas and just not having good experiences with them, especially as someone newer to the scene. I’d be happy to give another go, but I’m wary of buying more…!

Elizabeth

canadianadia

I totally agree. I find it difficult to give a tea that dissapointed me another chance, especially with so many other great tea options out there. It’s always possible that it’s just not for you – everyone has different tastes.

Yum yum yum. Yuuuuum. This is awesome. I was a little worried that the chocolate would overpower the blend, but it just mixes right in. The graham gives it a nice base and the marshmallow smooths out the edges and makes everything a creamy dream. And what I love most is that the flavors don’t overshadow the flavor of the tea, rather, they work with it.

CHAroma

I’ve had this on the shopping list for a while. I really need to just buy it.

This tea has a subtle roasted marshmallow (slightly smokey) flavor. My sample seemed to have a lot of marshmallows which was nice but the graham cracker and chocolate (S’mores) flavor wasn’t really there for me. To me, this is more of a creamy marshmallow tea. The smell of the dry leaves is terrific but the flavor just isn’t as strong as I’d like.

1908 tasting notes

This tea really was the deciding factor for me picking up Della Terra’s Chocolate Sampler Pack, the idea of a s’mores tea really piqued my interest. Rather than relying solely on flavoring agents for this blend they included real chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and graham crackers. I think this was a wise move on their part, I don’t think I would have enjoyed this nearly as much if they had only used flavorings.

The first thing that struck me about this blend was how spot on it smelled upon opening the package. I’m not sure I want to admit to you just how long I stood there sniffing it, it just smelled that good. It also did not disappoint once steeped like many chocolate teas have done for me. While the flavors of the chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker were very subtle I thought that they were balanced perfectly. No one flavor took the spotlight and I was still able to taste the black base.

I think I ruined it. I didn’t follow steeping instructions and steeped for nearly 5 mins. My regular for a black tea.

The dry notes smell choclate and marshmallowy. But not or the real variety. A little artificial. I have to say though as it sits beside me after its done steeping it smells like a real s’more is sitting there.

My first two sips were good, not great. I had let it cool significantly. The chocolate is there (I find it artifical like), and then you’re hit with the creamy, gooeyness of marshmallow. I’m not getting Tue graham cracker though. (I wonder what would happen if I added a lil of Whispering Pines graham cracker Rooibos to it?)

My subsequent sips were bitter and very much just black tea. I let it cool too much.
What I do like about this tea over say Teaopia’s s’mores tea, is that the marshmallows actually melt.
Hmm also thinking about trying this on the stove in milk.

I won’t give this a numerical rating until I can try it again at a shorter steep time.

I do so like their chocolate teas. And this one smells really nice. It has a creamy chocolate/ marshmallow flavour. The graham cracker taste is more hidden. Now I need to try this with David’s Toasted Marshmallow.

Stephanie