Marshmallow, Tea, Creamy, Vanilla, Chocolate, Graham Cracker, Cocoa, Graham, Malt, Sugar, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Della Terra Teas

One of the best things about sitting around a fire are of course, the S’mores! We’ve captured all that is amazing about a melty gooey S’more in this black tea! You’ll taste the familiar tastes of marshmallow, graham cracker and chocolate. So, even when you aren’t outside by a crackling campire you can enjoy the delicious taste of a S’more anytime!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, chocolate flavor, mini marshmallows, marshmallow and graham flavoring, finely crushed graham crackers

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Oh YUM! Thanks to Bonnie for the sample, this is delicious. The marshmellow and chocolate flavors really come through. The graham flavor is a little understated, but still it very clearly reminds me of s’mores. Given that I am a little on the chubbier side, I can’t exactly eat s’mores ever five seconds. But now, I can drink them :)

My first order from Della Terra arrived yesterday & this was the tea I was most intrigued by. Being English, I’ve never had the pleasure of having real s’mores so I can’t really make a comparison to how this tea compares!

Steeped for 4 mins with boiling water, sugar & a splash of milk. First impressions were not that great if I’m honest- the tea seemed very thin & although tasty, I couldn’t really pick out the individual notes. Chocolate tea with an extremely smooth aftertaste, which I’m thinking is the marshmallow. I tried a second steep & held off the milk, which did seem to allow the flavours to come through a little better. Hmmm. I guess I’m a little disappointed, but I’m putting it down to my tea making inexperience & novice taste buds. Looking forward to trying it again!

I really like the fact that Della Terra use real ingredients in this blend. It doesn’t taste artificial. I’m sure that other people could create blends which were more focused on making the tea like a s’more rather than a flavoured tea.

This tea looks like exactly like I imagined from the ingredients. The white mini marshmallows and cracker bits stand out against the dark tea and chocolate background.

There is definite chocolate in there, but it isn’t overpowering. It seems to form the base of the cup alongside the tea, with the marshmallow on top. There is just a hint of the graham flavouring coming through, although it might be nice to have a bit more. It’s not a sickly sweet cup, that would ruin it. The tea in the background is pleasant, but this blend could maybe use something a bit stronger. I’m very pleased overall though. I’m gradually getting in to flavoured teas, and it’s nice to be getting experience of Della Terra first because I think they make proper flavoured tea instead of anything artificial.

This was a good tea, but not amazing. Very smooth black base, not a whole lot of astringency. I’m not getting a complete s’more profile out of this though.. maybe more of just the chocolate component? This is like a subtle cocoa/chocolate tea, imo.

I did drink this straight, so next time I’ll try it with a bit of sweetener to see if that brings the s’more flavor out more. This was a solid flavored black and I would probably drink it again.

Thanks to Eva for sharing this with me!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa

4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
EvaGrimm

I felt the same way about this one. There were so many mini marshmallows that I expected more of a chocolate and marshmallow flavor…but no luck. Still searching for a spot-on S’mores flavored tea!

I’m beginning to think I might not like marshmallow root. Or at least not in tea. That’s the one ingredient this tea has in common with another one I didn’t enjoy. Anyhow, I couldn’t figure out how to finish even one cup of this. I tried less tea, more tea, less time, and more time.

Such a shame, because I love s’mores, and this smelled so good! Even though I couldn’t see any mini marshmallows, I did see the little chocolate bits and some graham crackers. Funnily enough, this tea tasted better to me the longer I let it steep, even though I tend to dislike strong black tea, so while the black base is present, it’s not astringent. Tasted a LOT better to me with milk and sugar, but still. Not my favorite.

This is pretty good, much better than I was expecting since actual pieces of graham crackers in a tea caused a few strange looks. I definitely get the marshmallow and a little bit of the chocolate, but not the graham crackers so much. Not as sweet as I was thinking it would be, so I added a bit of sugar and it was much better.
Next time I might try this with a little cream too, possibly add in a bit of Adagio’s Chocolate Chip to see if I can boost the chocolate flavor.

I was in the mood for something foofy and sweet tonight, and pulled this out on a whim. I think I bought this during the after Thanksgiving sale, maybe. Anyway, just opened it tonight and it’s really doing it for me. I like it more as it cools and the marshmallow is really coming out. Someone else’s review mentioned smokiness and I don’t get that at all, and I am really sensitive to smoke. It’s more marshmallow than anything else, and I’m ok with that!

Kaylee

Foofy!

Stephanie

Oh yeah, I forgot Della Terra has some nice flavored teas!

gschuschke

I see Della Terra is closed for a while while new ownership takes over!

From Ost’s stash sale.

This tastes mostly like marshmallow and black tea to me. Pretty tasty, but I was hoping for more chocolate. I probably wouldn’t buy it again since marshmallow doesn’t really excite me, but it was nice to try.

Flavors: Marshmallow, Tea

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Mad Hatter

This is a total guilty pleasure latte tea for me! Either chocolate torani or chocolate milk make it scream S’mores.

rosebudmelissa

I can imagine. However, I was more interested in the chocolate and graham cracker than the marshmallow, so not really for me.

I have completely ran the whole range of emotions on this tea.

I went from being indifferent, to disappointment, to dislike and now I’m on my third cup in two days and completely in love with it.

That summarizes my relationship with a lot of flavored tea, actually.

This one is absolutely a cup that needs milk + sweetener, though. (2TBSP Silk Unsweetend Soy Milk + 1/2TSP Sugar Free White Chocolate Torani for me today, please). The Torani seems to be both decreasing the chemically/plastic chocolate flavor I felt was present last time and increasing the actually chocolate flavor. Milk smoothes it out and makes the marshmallow creamy, sweet and present. There’s a crumbly cinnamon graham cracker note that kind of floats in and out and isn’t quite sure of it’s presence all the time.

The real reason to have this though, is that there’s something kind of fun about drinking dessert mid-morning.

This was my last cup of the evening yesterday. It’s probably not surprising that I couldn’t sleep, after having pottered around the house drinking tea all day. Still, tea is good. What would a weekend be without tea?

I used 1.5 tsp of leaf for this cup, and gave it three minutes in boiling water. No additions. This has become my standard preparation for my first cup of a Della Terra, and I adjust from there as required. Judging from the dry leaf, I was expecting this one to be quite heavily chocolatey (at least, based on the quantity of chocolate chips vs. marshmallows and graham crumbs) but I got a rather pleasant surprise.

The main flavour here is MARSHMALLOW! It’s pretty spot on in terms of flavour accuracy, and it somehow manages to taste creamy as well as sweet and sugary. The second flavour is, as expected, chocolate. Dark chocolate, to my mind, which works well as a slightly bittersweet counterpoint to the over-sweet marshmallow. Right at the end of the sip is a light biscuitty flavour. It’s a little fleeting, and I would have liked it to have a bit more of a presence, but at least it’s there.

This is another flavoured/dessert tea that’s a pretty accurate representation of the actual foodstuff it references. It’s so close to tasting like an actual s’more that it seems unfair to pick faults. I was pleased with the prominence of the marshmallow flavouring, as I had feared that this would turn into just another watery chocolate tea. Not so, fortunately! Another worthy cupboard addition, if dessert teas are your thing.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Fjellrev

I agree that this is an excellent dessert tea. Used to be one of my favourites, but I’m afraid I over S’mored myself and it just doesn’t taste the same to me anymore.