Cocoa, Malt, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Sitting at home sipping on a cup of S'mores with half and half. I'm trying to have a cup a day so I can get it out of the way. I still like it but would like to move on. I just remembered that...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Good news: my shift is over. Bad news: my shift was absolutely freaking terrible. Good news: I'm not coming back to work for a week! And also, this tea. I wanted dessert after the crazy...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 767 tasting notes
  • “I am not a huge fan of DAVIDs Toasted Marshmallow but when I combined it with this tea, it actually complimented it quite nicely. Unfortunately, all my consequent cups combining the teas,...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “FINALLY actually enjoying a cup of tea! Yes I must be getting better! Finally thank goodness! I wanted something vanilla but still a bit weak to get too far into my cupboard to find the one I was...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

One of the best things about sitting around a fire are of course, the S’mores! We’ve captured all that is amazing about a melty gooey S’more in this black tea! You’ll taste the familiar tastes of marshmallow, graham cracker and chocolate. So, even when you aren’t outside by a crackling campire you can enjoy the delicious taste of a S’more anytime!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, chocolate flavor, mini marshmallows, marshmallow and graham flavoring, finely crushed graham crackers

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Oh YUM! Thanks to Bonnie for the sample, this is delicious. The marshmellow and chocolate flavors really come through. The graham flavor is a little understated, but still it very clearly reminds me of s’mores. Given that I am a little on the chubbier side, I can’t exactly eat s’mores ever five seconds. But now, I can drink them :)

My first order from Della Terra arrived yesterday & this was the tea I was most intrigued by. Being English, I’ve never had the pleasure of having real s’mores so I can’t really make a comparison to how this tea compares!

Steeped for 4 mins with boiling water, sugar & a splash of milk. First impressions were not that great if I’m honest- the tea seemed very thin & although tasty, I couldn’t really pick out the individual notes. Chocolate tea with an extremely smooth aftertaste, which I’m thinking is the marshmallow. I tried a second steep & held off the milk, which did seem to allow the flavours to come through a little better. Hmmm. I guess I’m a little disappointed, but I’m putting it down to my tea making inexperience & novice taste buds. Looking forward to trying it again!

I really like the fact that Della Terra use real ingredients in this blend. It doesn’t taste artificial. I’m sure that other people could create blends which were more focused on making the tea like a s’more rather than a flavoured tea.

This tea looks like exactly like I imagined from the ingredients. The white mini marshmallows and cracker bits stand out against the dark tea and chocolate background.

There is definite chocolate in there, but it isn’t overpowering. It seems to form the base of the cup alongside the tea, with the marshmallow on top. There is just a hint of the graham flavouring coming through, although it might be nice to have a bit more. It’s not a sickly sweet cup, that would ruin it. The tea in the background is pleasant, but this blend could maybe use something a bit stronger. I’m very pleased overall though. I’m gradually getting in to flavoured teas, and it’s nice to be getting experience of Della Terra first because I think they make proper flavoured tea instead of anything artificial.

This was a good tea, but not amazing. Very smooth black base, not a whole lot of astringency. I’m not getting a complete s’more profile out of this though.. maybe more of just the chocolate component? This is like a subtle cocoa/chocolate tea, imo.

I did drink this straight, so next time I’ll try it with a bit of sweetener to see if that brings the s’more flavor out more. This was a solid flavored black and I would probably drink it again.

Thanks to Eva for sharing this with me!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa

4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
EvaGrimm

I felt the same way about this one. There were so many mini marshmallows that I expected more of a chocolate and marshmallow flavor…but no luck. Still searching for a spot-on S’mores flavored tea!

I’m beginning to think I might not like marshmallow root. Or at least not in tea. That’s the one ingredient this tea has in common with another one I didn’t enjoy. Anyhow, I couldn’t figure out how to finish even one cup of this. I tried less tea, more tea, less time, and more time.

Such a shame, because I love s’mores, and this smelled so good! Even though I couldn’t see any mini marshmallows, I did see the little chocolate bits and some graham crackers. Funnily enough, this tea tasted better to me the longer I let it steep, even though I tend to dislike strong black tea, so while the black base is present, it’s not astringent. Tasted a LOT better to me with milk and sugar, but still. Not my favorite.

This is pretty good, much better than I was expecting since actual pieces of graham crackers in a tea caused a few strange looks. I definitely get the marshmallow and a little bit of the chocolate, but not the graham crackers so much. Not as sweet as I was thinking it would be, so I added a bit of sugar and it was much better.
Next time I might try this with a little cream too, possibly add in a bit of Adagio’s Chocolate Chip to see if I can boost the chocolate flavor.

It’s difficult – I like this tea but I don’t like this tea, does that even make sense? There is something about this tea that just doesn’t sit right with me (although one of my colleagues at work loved the cup I made them)… sigh! I wish I could put my finger on it! Guess I’ll just sip through this bag (or give it to my colleague) and be done with it.

I have terrible news! The Pokemon Challenge is in danger! Ok, not really danger, I have just almost run out of dark grey and black meaning I will have to stop until I get more, and I have no idea when that will be and it frustrates me. Good thing I have other crafty things to keep me occupied until I can get more perlers. On a more positive note, this morning I had Dim Sum and spent the day hanging out with Ben, celebrating his Spring Break, yay!

Today’s tea is a tea themed around a dessert (or is it a snack) that just screams ‘time to go camping!’ S’mores by Della Terra Tea is a blend of Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Chocolate Flavor, Mini Marshmallows, Marshmallow and Graham flavoring, and finely crushed graham crackers. Yeah, this tea has all the ingredients of a S’more without the needed campfire, which is good because I can’t have one in my house. The aroma is primarily marshmallow’s sugary sweetness that fades to chocolate and finally graham cracker. There is a faint hint of malt as an undertone that ties the other aromas together. The aroma is crazy sweet and smells just like a s’more. Delicious!

Once the tea is brewed and the delightful bits dissolve into the liquid the liquid loses a bit of its marshmallow intensity and is replaced with lots of chocolate. The aroma is richly chocolate, like dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate. The liquid is primarily creamy chocolate with hints of marshmallow and malt. The aroma is very rich and evocative of the dessert (snack) that it is named after.

Tasting this tea the first thing I notice is the lack of sweetness, which was surprising with all the marshmallows. It reminds me of dark chocolate with graham and marshmallow essence that fades into a mildly sweet aftertaste. I decided to go for all out decadence and add a bit of cream and sugar and boy was I glad I did, it transforms the tea into liquid s’more! The sugar highlights the chocolate and marshmallow and the cream adds the touch of silky creaminess you expect from popping a melted milk chocolate bar in your mouth. There is not an overwhelming amount of graham cracker or the base tea’s taste, but overall this tea is a good imitation of an especially sticky snack (dessert).

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/03/della-terra-teas-smores-tea-review.html

Flavors: Cocoa, Malt

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

So, I was amazingly excited about this tea. And when I finally got my sample, opened it up, inhaled, it smelled INCREDIBLE.

But unfortunately for me, I didn’t really like the flavor. Something about the flavor had a sort of plastic feel, and coated my tongue strangely. I actually had trouble finishing my cup. This may simply be an issue of me realizing I dislike heavily flavored teas?

It did have flavors of sugary marshmallows and chocolate. Perhaps the Graham cracker gave it the strange flavor I couldn’t identify? Not a happy cup of tea for me.

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

See, because everyone posted good reviews on this tea, I decided to try it.
I made it exactly like suggested on this site. It smelled absolutely amazing. But as my lips met the brim of my mug, and the liquid settled onto my taste buds, I honestly didn’t taste what I smelled. It just tasted like a plain black tea. I’m obviously going to try it again and again and maybe make it in different ways, but for now I am really disappointed in this tea.