Cocoa, Marshmallow, Vanilla, Malt, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Sitting at home sipping on a cup of S'mores with half and half. I'm trying to have a cup a day so I can get it out of the way. I still like it but would like to move on. I just remembered that...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Good news: my shift is over. Bad news: my shift was absolutely freaking terrible. Good news: I'm not coming back to work for a week! And also, this tea. I wanted dessert after the crazy...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes
  • “I am not a huge fan of DAVIDs Toasted Marshmallow but when I combined it with this tea, it actually complimented it quite nicely. Unfortunately, all my consequent cups combining the teas,...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1844 tasting notes
  • “FINALLY actually enjoying a cup of tea! Yes I must be getting better! Finally thank goodness! I wanted something vanilla but still a bit weak to get too far into my cupboard to find the one I was...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

One of the best things about sitting around a fire are of course, the S’mores! We’ve captured all that is amazing about a melty gooey S’more in this black tea! You’ll taste the familiar tastes of marshmallow, graham cracker and chocolate. So, even when you aren’t outside by a crackling campire you can enjoy the delicious taste of a S’more anytime!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate bits, chocolate flavor, mini marshmallows, marshmallow and graham flavoring, finely crushed graham crackers

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Oh YUM! Thanks to Bonnie for the sample, this is delicious. The marshmellow and chocolate flavors really come through. The graham flavor is a little understated, but still it very clearly reminds me of s’mores. Given that I am a little on the chubbier side, I can’t exactly eat s’mores ever five seconds. But now, I can drink them :)

My first order from Della Terra arrived yesterday & this was the tea I was most intrigued by. Being English, I’ve never had the pleasure of having real s’mores so I can’t really make a comparison to how this tea compares!

Steeped for 4 mins with boiling water, sugar & a splash of milk. First impressions were not that great if I’m honest- the tea seemed very thin & although tasty, I couldn’t really pick out the individual notes. Chocolate tea with an extremely smooth aftertaste, which I’m thinking is the marshmallow. I tried a second steep & held off the milk, which did seem to allow the flavours to come through a little better. Hmmm. I guess I’m a little disappointed, but I’m putting it down to my tea making inexperience & novice taste buds. Looking forward to trying it again!

I really like the fact that Della Terra use real ingredients in this blend. It doesn’t taste artificial. I’m sure that other people could create blends which were more focused on making the tea like a s’more rather than a flavoured tea.

This tea looks like exactly like I imagined from the ingredients. The white mini marshmallows and cracker bits stand out against the dark tea and chocolate background.

There is definite chocolate in there, but it isn’t overpowering. It seems to form the base of the cup alongside the tea, with the marshmallow on top. There is just a hint of the graham flavouring coming through, although it might be nice to have a bit more. It’s not a sickly sweet cup, that would ruin it. The tea in the background is pleasant, but this blend could maybe use something a bit stronger. I’m very pleased overall though. I’m gradually getting in to flavoured teas, and it’s nice to be getting experience of Della Terra first because I think they make proper flavoured tea instead of anything artificial.

This was a good tea, but not amazing. Very smooth black base, not a whole lot of astringency. I’m not getting a complete s’more profile out of this though.. maybe more of just the chocolate component? This is like a subtle cocoa/chocolate tea, imo.

I did drink this straight, so next time I’ll try it with a bit of sweetener to see if that brings the s’more flavor out more. This was a solid flavored black and I would probably drink it again.

Thanks to Eva for sharing this with me!

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa

4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
EvaGrimm

I felt the same way about this one. There were so many mini marshmallows that I expected more of a chocolate and marshmallow flavor…but no luck. Still searching for a spot-on S’mores flavored tea!

I’m beginning to think I might not like marshmallow root. Or at least not in tea. That’s the one ingredient this tea has in common with another one I didn’t enjoy. Anyhow, I couldn’t figure out how to finish even one cup of this. I tried less tea, more tea, less time, and more time.

Such a shame, because I love s’mores, and this smelled so good! Even though I couldn’t see any mini marshmallows, I did see the little chocolate bits and some graham crackers. Funnily enough, this tea tasted better to me the longer I let it steep, even though I tend to dislike strong black tea, so while the black base is present, it’s not astringent. Tasted a LOT better to me with milk and sugar, but still. Not my favorite.

This is pretty good, much better than I was expecting since actual pieces of graham crackers in a tea caused a few strange looks. I definitely get the marshmallow and a little bit of the chocolate, but not the graham crackers so much. Not as sweet as I was thinking it would be, so I added a bit of sugar and it was much better.
Next time I might try this with a little cream too, possibly add in a bit of Adagio’s Chocolate Chip to see if I can boost the chocolate flavor.

This little dude came in the mail today and as soon as I opened the bag, I started salivating. You just don’t get how much I love marshmallows. The texture, the flavour, the shape, the feel : everything! If you ever want to make me super happy, buy me tea or handmade artisan marshmallows. I swear. I love them.

My cup smells of gooey melted marshmallows, and it makes me smile. But taste wise, this fails. Black, there may be a bit of marshmallow in there. Maybe. Then I added half and half and sweetener to try to make it more marshmallow-y and although it did help, it really wasn’t what I expected. Chocolate? Where?

Don’t get me wrong, I mean, it is a pleasant cup of tea. But would I have named this tea smores? No. I would call it black tea with KIND OF marshmallow. But I guess that’s not really good marketing now is it?

I got a sample of this tea in my swap with Ost. It was one that I have no idea why I didn’t choose when I made my Della Terra order – I guess because I’m kind of wary of chocolate teas. The dry leaf is generic small black tea leaves mixed with mini chocolate chips and little pieces of marshmallow that look like they’re covered in graham cracker crumbs. It smells yummy – like sugary sweet marshmallows mixed with carob and a touch of graham cracker. I brewed a very heaping teaspoon for 4 minutes.

This is one of those teas that smells far better than it actually tastes. The aroma is all melty sweet marshmallows with just a touch of cocoa. I can also smell the black tea in the background. Sipping this, I taste the sweet marshmallow taste, but it comes nowhere close to the smell. It’s a more transparent marshmallow, closer almost to vanilla than actual marshmallows. I definitely get a bit of the cocoa flavor and it also shows up as an aftertaste. For some reason, I get a definite tang out of the black tea base and it’s not at all harmonious with the flavoring. Even using more tea than is recommended, this tea is a bit weak for my tastes. Not bad, but not great.

Flavors: Cocoa, Marshmallow, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

After a nightmare morning I decided to drink some tea in hopes it would relax me. But this tea just made me feel more sad. It tastes exactly like hot chocolate. It’s ridiculously chocolatey to me. It’s a nice tea but I just keep wanting to put marshmallows in it since it’s like hot chocolate to me. But…I don’t think that would taste too good…Maybe I’ll try it one day xD Either way this is a pretty good tea! The equivalent of hot chocolate to me :P

It’s a little cold this morning so I thought I’d try this one. I bought it from Shadowfall’s sale. It smelled yummy and tastes good. I don’t get graham cracker and marshmallow but the chocolate tastes good. Not one that I’m gonna buy later though. My sister bought dill herb dip and the smell is permeating the house! so I’m nose deep in my cup inhaling the good smells. Not that I don’t like dill but the constant smell is irritating, don’t like herby smells that much.