Shaolin Jasmine

Green Herbal Blend
Flowers, Green, Wet Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Kasumi no Chajin

From Della Terra Teas

The Shaolin Monastery and the infamous Pagoda Forest have influenced this green tea blended with jasmine blossoms. One sip will remind you of the mountain tops in China where the tea is grown.

Ingredients: Green tea, jasmine blossoms

Suggested brewing tips:
- Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving
- Water Temp: 158-167°F
- Steep Time: 1-2 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

This one wasn’t as bad as I had been prepped for. I opened the bag expecting to be hit with an overwhelming scent of jasmine…it was surprisingly subtle. After steeping for about 3 minutes. I poured a cup of a nice golden subtle and light flavored green tea. The jasmine was noticeable, but not overpowering which was nice, but still a little to subtle to rate it higher. It didn’t have much of a crisp finish…the clean taste of the green tea came through, nice coloring, good mellow cup for a cold morning…but just a subtle cup.

Different from your normal jasmine pearls, the base is obviously different. It’s okay, not my favorite, the Jasmine and base collide too much I think.

This reminds me of the jasmine tea served in baroque Chinese restaurants, dimly lit and filled with gold leaf and large porcelain urns. It’s a pretty standard jasmine. The jasmine doesn’t taste artificial. The description says there are jasmine blossoms included with the green tea, but I only see one in my .5 oz sample. Also, slightly oddly, I get a hint of citrus. I don’t know if I’m not identifying a flavor incorrectly or if my brewing basket is a little dirty and I’m getting some cross contamination. It’s kind of pleasant, though, and I think I should find a jasmine citrus tea.

It’s alright, but not a favorite for me. Not something I would repurchase. It has an earthiness to it, where I would have preferred a lightness. I think the base doesn’t quite work with the jasmine, but I’m a little particular about jasmine teas, so maybe I’m just being finicky.

Flavors: Flowers, Green, Wet Earth

I can’t quite put my finger on what I think of this tea…there’s a firm vegetal note at the base and lighter flowery jasmine flavours at the top; with a tsp of raw sugar to tone down the mild bitterness of the green it makes an enjoyable cup.

I’m not sure this is something I would want to steep again – since I think I’m more of a black tea girl – but this might go nicely for my green-drinking compatriots.

Oh, and as it cools the jasmine-flowery notes become far more prominent…in a surprisingly pleasant way. This is such a nice little tea that keeps surprising me.

A lot of Della Terra teas have sounded interesting to me lately. I’m going to add this to the list and consider placing an order. =)