Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alphakitty

From Della Terra Teas

Combing the aromatic and flowery scent of jasmine with the fresh, cool taste of mint our Jasmint tea is a delicious play on the standard jasmine green. Refreshing and cool!

Ingredients: Green tea, jasmine blossoms, crushed mint

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 158-167°F

Steep Time: 1-2 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

I think I made this wrong. I brewed it for 3 1/2 minutes, which is apparently too long. Nonetheless, I shall make a tasting note. No rating for now though.

The first brew came out rather bland. Neither the jasmine nor the mint really stood out. It was just overall underwhelming.

But I decided to do a second brew. Much better. The jasmine and mint both came out in this brew. At first I thought there wasn’t enough mint, but after a while I came to appreciate the fine balance between jasmine and mint. I agree with Alphakitty that you get one flavor at a time in any given sip. It’s quite pleasant. I’m looking forward to make a proper brew next time. Hopefully it will be even better than this one!

Yet another lovely sample from jessiwrites :)

This one is fascinating with the jasmine and mint battling. It’s a light tea, great for after a heavy meal. The taste comes off almost like a peppermint candy – perhaps because of the jasmine trying to overtake the mint.

I am torn with this one. I wanted to like it. I really did… but something about the mint tasted very artificial to me. I did find though that the two flavours went well together.. so I am not ruling this blend out completely.. Probably just something I’m not going to include in my cupboard.

Today I learned several things. First of all, I learned that I do not like spinach pizza. Second, I learned that I can become waaaay too invested in a show ( I’m looking at you, Weeds). Third, I learned that I can enjoy jasmine!

I don’t like floral teas as a rule. They just don’t taste good to me and the scent can trigger my migraines. But I already have a migraine and foolishly grabbed the first mint tea I could find. However, it mixes well with the jasmine and creates a lovely, soothing tea. My migraine is worse, but them’s the breaks. I don’t blame the tea, I blame the Indian food last night and the dang sun this morning.