Swiss Mountain

Candy, Chocolate, Cream, Peppermint, Tea, Vanilla, Mint
Edit tea info Last updated by Raven

• “SIPDOWN! god i love a clean tea cupboard. All sort of productive tea drinking going to be happening...oh yes! Downgrading this because as i've come to learn, della terra chocolate and i rarely...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5360 tasting notes
  • “Sitting in the library analyzing a Swedish textbook, which I used many moons ago, for a paper. Simultaneously brings back memories and makes me feel old. On that note, the name of this tea makes me...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 925 tasting notes
  • “I have a take it or leave it relationship with mint chocolate, depending upon my mood. I’m glad I had the chance to try this tea in my chocolate try me pack. The flavor is nice with the black tea...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “This didn't taste so much like After Eights this time, but I did enjoy it. I'll have to drink more of Read My Lips to determine a fav. And then keep 1oz of that around. Sipdown. ” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

If you are a fan of minty chocolate, especially when combined together in a candy then this tea is for you. With real peppermint and chocolate pieces along with mint brittle you will be left with a minty, refreshing and chocolaty treat in your cup. A true breath, errr, drink of fresh air… I mean tea!

Ingredients: black tea, chocolate bits, peppermint, brittle

Suggested brewing tips

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Yum! I love flavored black teas, and this is delicious. Freshly steeped, I found peppermint to be most prominent in both scent and taste; but a packet of truvia (one packet for my 16 oz. mug) brought the chocolate out nicely. A great dessert tea.

Lame. I hadn’t even opened this one. This like, 2-year old tea sample. Haha. Anyhow, someone’s post on the rooibos version (which I believe I acquired from a swap with Janelle last year, but didn’t really put the effort into finding) made me want to try this, so I dug it out. It’s a fairly decent minty/vanilla/black. Wouldn’t be a favourite, but nice enough to drink, especially this time of year. I particularly tasted the chocolate yesterday, but DTT’s chocolate flavouring seems to be inconsistent even between different infusions of the same tea, so… maybe that will be the case next time, maybe not. Either way, yums.

Thanks again for the sale, Momo! I could always use peppermint teas for my headaches. I like this one, but I feel like the flavor seems watered down. Mild mint, mild chocolate, mild black tea. Always a nice combination but it’s just not STRONG enough for me… maybe if I used two teaspoons? It’s minty for my headache though, so it helps! It seems like winter has arrived way too early… so many gray days already and it’s only the beginning of December. sigh.
Steep #1 // 1 tsp // couple minutes after boiling // few min steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // few min steep

jeweledthumb

DT always recommends 1tsp for 6oz of water, so more leaf probably would help. =)

I love how this tea tastes like a delightful, fresh, minty tea, but has the chocolate flavor that gives it a sense of comforting sweetness.

My husband and I drank two pots of this tea in a row, and probably could have gone for a third… mint is one of his favorites, and the chocolate made this all the more delightful for us both!

Flavors: Candy, Chocolate, Cream, Peppermint, Tea, Vanilla

2 tsp 22 OZ / 650 ML

Bought this in…Someone’s stash sale. xD Blanking out on the username-haha!
DTT tends to make pretty good chocolate teas in my book, so I figured I’d give this one a shot!
Wasn’t sure if I’d like this since I haven’t seemed to like mint teas lately. But this one is actually pretty good! The mint doesn’t outweigh the chocolate too much.
But I think the best mint tea that I’ve tried so far is DavidsTea’s Read My Lips. This one is good, but wouldn’t buy more!

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

Another tea made with the unidentified-temperature office water. This one tasted about like I remember, so the water is at least hot enough to make semi-decent black tea. The tea was definitely a bit weaker than normal, but the chocolate and mint flavors almost came through better because of it. I’m definitely going to bring a thermometer with me tomorrow to test out the water temperature. I would love to be able to drink tea all day at work, but knowing what I should and shouldn’t bring will be very helpful.

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint

3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
gmathis

Flavored teas work pretty well in an office environment with microwave water. My office tin has lots of bagged minty and spicy stuff for that reason.

Sipdown!

Super old sample.
Super yucky taste.

I won’t rate it because of the age but let’s just say I used two heaping teaspoons to fill my Contigo mug and it was gross. Not chocolatey. There was a weird marijuana note (??) ….maybe that was my body shop hemp hand cream. I digress.

Not impressed.