Nut & Honey Crunch

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nik

From Della Terra Teas

Nuts and honey, two amazing combos, whether in cereal, muffins or well, I could go on for hours. But here, in this tea the honey and nut flavors just do wonders. Get a cup for yourself and find that you’ll be wanting more and more!

Ingredients: green rooibos, green honeybush, apple bits, currants, hazelnuts, and apple/honey flavoring. Caffeine-free.

Suggested brewing tips:
- Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving
- Water Temp: 210°F
- Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

I like this. I don’t know how to describe it! It’s different from the others I’ve had, but in a good way. It’s not dessert sweet, but still just very yum. More of a clean taste, I guess? But still some sweetness. It’s a good breakfast companion for my Atkins chocolate chip granola bars.

I forgot to log previous cups, but this morning’s is the end of the 0.5 oz. sample I ordered. If I remember right, I think I got 3 cups out of it (12-16 oz. each).

This came as a sample with one of my Della Terra orders from a while back. I’m not sure why it languished, but it did. As with many languishing teas, I brought it to work knowing that my limited desk selection would end my procrastination. I’m not having a great time at work at the moment, and yesterday I finally made up my mind to leave. I’m going to use the weekend to take stock and apply for some jobs (I also have a PhD application in the works), so hopefully things will start looking up soon. In the meantime, I have tea to cheer me up.

Dry, this one smells gorgeous. Honey, fruit, and grain. It reminds me of some of the breakfast cereals I used to eat when I was younger. Sugar puffs, maybe? I can’t put my finger on it exactly, but it also reminds me of Special K cereal/breakfast bars.

I gave 1 tsp of leaf about 5 minutes in boiling water, and the resulting liquor is a golden brown. The base here is blend of green honeybush and green rooibos – I’ve tried both plain previously, and I definitely prefer them flavoured! They do lack some of the woodiness of the red versions, though, so that’s a definite point in their favour.

The main flavour here is apple. It’s the baked apple flavour that Della Terra do so well, rather than their odder floral-apple. After the initial fruitiness, there’s an almost toasted nuttiness. I can accept it as Hazelnut, as per the ingredients, but it’s a little generic tasting if I’m honest. The final flavour is honey, and it adds a smooth, rich sweetness that rounds out the sip perfectly and brings the apple and nut flavours together. If I’m looking for a cereal bar in a cup, this is the tea I’ll turn to! My only complaint is that it’s quite a strong flavour, and by the end of the cup it’s almost a bit much for me. A smaller cup would no doubt help with that, and that’s how I’ll approach it in the future. A unique blend among the teas I own.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This is nice. It reminded me of Teavana tropical nut paradise which I actually prefer to this one. But this is also very good, nice taste of nut and caramel I think.