The Black Cat

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by yappychappy

From Della Terra Teas

Don’t worry, you won’t get bad luck for drinking this tea! You’ll get a mouthful of spooky goodness! This tea has mangos and passionfruit, pineapple and black cat candies oh and orange sprinkles! Surely Halloween is on its way!

Ingredients: rooibos, mango, passionfruit, pineapple, pineapple flavor with black cats, orange sprinkles and magic. Caffeine-free.

Suggested brewing tips:
- Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving
- Water Temp: 210°F
- Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

1995 tasting notes

Time to take a short break from Another Traveling Tea Box. I want to make a little progress on sipdowns this week and hope to finish this one off soon. I bought this from someone during a sell off sale, I think it was momo but I can’t remember at the moment. Thank you to whoever you were… I need to keep better track.

The color of this is a little off-putting, it steeps up a murky green, but has a nice fruity scent to it and it does fit in perfectly with the season. I just can’t get past the color of this tea, I decided to pour it into a darker mug so I can’t tell what color it is. Maybe I’m just weird. I do know that I’ll have to sip this down soon, or risk it sitting around forever,.

I can’t decide if I like this tea or not. It really just tastes like some hodgepodge of fruits which is just weird and I shouldn’t like it but I keep finding myself drinking it and liking it. I think after a few cups I can get over trying to taste different fruits and just taste… black cat? but that will be hard. I’ll have to revisit this rating later but for me, right now, this tea isn’t so for me.

This smells like sweet tarts for some reason. Well, candy and fruit anyway. The flavor kinda reminds me of these mango flavoured candies I used to like. Not sure but I was expecting, but it’s certainly different.

I have loved everything from Della terra tea, and this is no exception! I made it as an iced tea and its a dark murky green. It’s delicious. Very tropical and sweet. Can’t wait to make more.

This is different. Lol. To many flavors to really pick any out. But its still enjoyable. It had me and my son laughing as we tried to describe it to each other. It may not have been on the top of my list for a Della Terra Tea, but it was fun and I would order it again to drink with the boys.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this tea. I received it in a tasting pack from Della Terra Teas. I find that most tropical fruit flavored teas are overwhelmed by the fruit flavors, leaving room for nothing but tea (and making me feel like I am drinking some sort of chemical concotion that was developed in a mad scientists laboratory). But this tea had a nice light scent, and the flavors of the pineapple and mango just came through to brighten the cup without overwhelming it. I was pleasantly surprised.

I received some of this from Chuckieroy in a trade that was far more generous on his end, so thank you to you sir! I would not have chosen this tea had I seen it for sale and I would have missed out on something good. I find candy sprinkles in my tea amusing yet foreign and distrustful, something that I am slowly overcoming. It’s really quite stuffy of me! The dry tea smells exactly like what I remember Mighty Leaf’s African Nectar smelling like; a tropical fruity rooibos. It also tastes like what I remember that tea tasting like and I loved that tea… until I tried it again recently and found it fell short of the nostalgic pedestal I had placed it on. This tea is what I wanted when I bought a box of that other tea recently and I’m guessing by the name that I’ll have to wait until next Halloween to get my hands on more. Just another reason for me to love Halloween I guess!

Have to admit I was a little disappointed with this one. It tasted like a whole lot of fruit and didn’t really have any distinctive flavour for me. That being said, I did happily sip down the whole cup and I will drink it again. I did love the colour of the tea… a lovely ghoulish green that looked great in my glass mug!

Happy (belated) Halloween, everyone!

So Frank’s dad is staying this weekend, and I didn’t have time to write much up last night, which was when I had this tea. I received it in my Secret Pumpkin swap from KittyLovesTea, and now is of course the perfect time to drink it.

I looked through a lot of my samples yesterday, and picked out 10 which were Halloween-inspired, some more than others. The plan is to drink all 10 over the weekend, although I might have to include Monday as a “long weekend” depending on how it goes. Some I have drank before, and some are completely new to me. I am also doing them in alphabetical order, partly because it’s easier to remember, and partly because I’m both indecisive and anal.

So here goes, tea 1/10 of my Halloween Tea Marathon!

Visually, this tea gets 100. It fits the mood perfectly. There are little candy pieces in the tea – black cats and orange sprinkles. The real magic, though, happens when it is steeped. As soon as I poured the water over the dry leaf, it turned a green colour. Over the duration of steeping, this became darker and darker until it was a murky almost black colour. It definitely put me in the Halloween spirit! (Haha, spirit, get it?).

The smell of the dry leaf was utterly divine, all tropical and sweet. I think this tea requires a lot of leaf, though, because even though I only brewed half a cup of it (on account of the drinking 10 teas), the scent diminished significantly when brewed.

The taste confirmed that more leaf is required, and I think that next time I have it I will use up the rest of my sample. I used a heaped teaspoon for only half a cup of tea, and I could still barely taste anything when drinking it plain. I was forced to add a sweetener, which was kinda too much but at least brought out some of that tropical fruit I had been expecting.

Overall, I am not disappointed in this tea as I expect it was mainly a quantity error on my part. I am excited to try this again!

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 5 OZ / 150 ML