Rooibos Tea
Cinnamon, Rooibos, Sugar Sprinkles
Rooibos, Cream, Spices, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Creamy, Honey
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by hapatite

• “Yay for getting used to the new Steepster changes. I think overall, with a few tweaks here and there, the improvements will be well worth the short term pain. It also means i'm likely to become...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5400 tasting notes
  • “Brewed this up this morning to try and get through as many Della Terra teas as possible quickly! I have... 17, so it will take a while... Anyways, this one smells delicious! I brewed it up (and...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2609 tasting notes
  • “On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, Della Terra Teas sent me this tea! http://sororiteasisters.com/2012/12/24/on-the-eleventh-day-of-christmas-della-terra-teas-sent-to-me/ I liked this more...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4663 tasting notes
  • “sip down! This was good and totally a wintery tea. I like the light spice and creamyness. I made this as a nice latte for a post workout treat. Good chance I'll snag this again around the...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

What’s the holiday season without nog? Well, for all of you tea and rooibos lovers here’s a great way to have the best of both worlds! In our Winter Nog we have combined our absolute most amazing rooibos with cinnamon and nog spices. The Winter Nog even has little snowflake sprinkles!

Ingredients: Rooibos, cinnamon, spices, snowflakes sprinkles.

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving
Water Temp: 210°F
Steep Time: 3 – 5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Another hit. I like the little snowflake sprinkles lol.
I can smell the spices easy but they aren’t strong in the taste. No idea why, but I catch a hint of mint in it. It’s tasty and good! I’m a rooibos fan and this one I’ll happily drink on those cold winter days.

I got this in the Christmas Card swap from Khaleesical. The card I was sent was adorable! I got quite a few samples of tea, but since I didn’t make it to my parents’ house where I had all my tea sent until very late.

Anyway, this tea is odd for me. I like it, but it’s nothing like I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be more nog flavored, by which I mean more egg nog flavored. The Rooibos has a naturally vanilla scent, which works for a nog flavor. But the tea itself has no vanilla accents, despite the fact the blend smells, dry, like vanilla. Brewed, it’s heavier than vanilla, and I taste the tea, and even more than spices. I taste something kind of heavy, which I did not expect (it does not smell heavy at all!).

Even though this tea is so different than I anticipated, I like it. It still doesn’t satisfy my need to find rooibos teas that make me not miss regular tea, but it does taste lovely. It’s a great blend, just maybe for other people.

Khaleesical

Glad you liked the card! I had to give it to someone, haha.

So cream. Wow. Such spice.

The aroma reminds of sugar cookies with cinnamon. The flavour is somewhere between eggnog and sugar cookies. It is sweet, lightly spiced, and delicious.

I have been a Rooibos nut lately! I could not wait to try this. Description mentions cinnamon and spices, which I definitely detect. It also mentioned white snowflake sprinkles, but I did not seem to have any, and I was sooo good with that. I did not detect any creamy taste, which maybe the sprinkles helped lend, but I doubt it. This did not taste like ‘nog’ to me at all, but I enjoyed it. I actually think this was my favorite out of all the tea I chose in the sampler. Actually my favorite tea from Della Terra, was the free sample they included in my order, Holiday Cheer-which is another review.

I banked that I would love this and ordered two ounces in my first order from DT teas. Turns out, it was a really good choice, and is a nice change from all the autumn flavored teas that I’ve overdosed on. It both smells and tastes delicious-kind of reminiscent of a liquor such as Tom and Jerry’s batter w/ brandy and rum if you ever have had that? It def makes me think of eggnog as it is spiced just right and has a creamy mouth feel. I would say it doesn’t have the “egginess” that actual eggnog has, but I’m ok with that. I’ve enjoyed this several times, and especially like it with soy milk and Truvia to make it even creamier.

First of all, I’ve never had eggnog before, so I can’t make any comparisons!

The dried tea is a rusty brown colour with odd white snow flakes in it. It’s smells of cinnamon with a hint of other spices like nutmeg. When steeping the spices come out again, but with extra warmth which makes the sweetness more pleasant. There is also a slight liquor smell to it, although not in a bad way. I found it was present more in the dry leaves than the mug.

My first try was without milk, and it tasted nice, but I felt it needed some creaminess to help balance the sweetness, so I added just a dash to my second cup. This made it really good. Cinnamon is one of my favourite sweet spices, and it came across well. It is quite a sweet blend, and I didn’t really get much of the tea at all in the first cup, so second time round I also steeped for a lot longer.

Based on my first cup I wouldn’t have rated it as highly, but playing with how I made it helped a lot, and I really enjoyed the second cup. It’s not a flavour to drink all the time, but nice would be nice with sticky bun in the afternoon.

Another sample from Ost. Love the cute snowflake sprinkles!

I’m not sure what I did wrong here, but this basically tastes like straight rooibos to me. Perhaps it needed a shorter steep. However, I can’t imagine it making much difference when my cup barely has any spicing at all, and certainly no cream. Withholding rating. :/

Flavors: Rooibos

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Ost

Rooibos and you don’t seem to get along. Just like me and green tea don’t generally get along. xD

Ost

Sorry you didn’t like it though!

Cameron B.

I do like rooibos, in fact I like it a lot. But if I wanted plain rooibos, I would buy plain rooibos. :P

Kittenna

Weird! This one, at least the batch I have of it, is quite creamy and delicious.

Got my DTT order in the mail today! Just what I needed to cheer me up after this awful week. Today was so bad, and I cried more than I wanted to, and I just wanted to go home and sleep. Though, my day didn’t really turn out that way. Was greeted at home by my tea order, that never even said shipped in the first place. xD
Got Eight Candles and Winter Nog!!
Definitely two staples in my collection!! Put those two teas in tins-so excited to have them!!
This one tastes just like I remember!
Creamy, vanilla-y, with just a touch of spices!
The perfect substitution for egg nog to me, since I can’t usually drink it.
Glad Albertocanfly got me hooked on this one! ^^
Plus it’s rooibos!! So won’t make me super awake!!
Ah, just love this one!

Ohhh and this is my 300th Tasting note! Not very impressive since I’ve been on here since January. But I only started actually posting a few months ago. And in light of how awful I have been physically, to me it’s saying a lot. All about those tiny accomplishments :P

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cream, Spices, Vanilla

Suziqzer

My son and I both enjoy this one too! A nice one to drink in the evening and still get some good sleep at night :)

I will be watching Della Terra for a Black Friday sale.. I enjoyed a sample of the Eight Candles (& Oatmeal Raisin), and I could consider making another small purchase with them. I’ve enjoyed several of their teas.

Ost

I hear that they usually do sales. I’m totally getting more-haha! :P

Suziqzer

When I first started drinking loose leaf teas about a year ago it seemed like I saw their sales all the time.. Now not so frequently. I do expect to see them do something for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Ost

Hope that means that they are doing well. They have some of my favorite teas so I hope that they don’t go out of business! :S

My best friend ordered me a mystery box for finishing off the year at college..what I sweetie:]… This is my first tea from Della Terra and I’m in love.

This tea… oh my goodness..this is pure creaminess and sweetness in a cup. With just a hint of spices…mmm…mm.. I don’t know how they did it, obviously with the special Della Terra magic that they have in their store room, but this tea actually seemed a bit thicker to me… completely pulling together the whole eggnog name. AND…it resteeps well.. got two additional steeps:] Yeah, I’m a happy camper right now. When Christmas time rolls around, I’m going to need this tea in large quantities.

Flavors: Creamy, Spices

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
TheTeaFairy

Awww, so thoughtful of your friend :-)

albertocanfly

Yeah, she really surprised me^.^ Almost gave me a mini heart-attack of excitement when I found a package of Della Terra sitting on my bed when I got home!

Sounds awesome! Glad you’re enjoying the mystery box! :D