Cinnamon Crackle

Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

From Della Terra Teas

Cinnamon… snaps, crackles and… is that… a pop? IT IS! Our Cinnamon crackle tea reminds of a Hot Tamale candy with a hint of vanilla. Listen close as you pour your water, you’ll hear a bit of a pop, a snap and a crackle! That is because we’ve mixed in some pop rocks! It not only adds a slight sweetness but a fun POP! right as you pour the water over the tea. This tea is delicious, try it cold as well. Absolutely delicious!

Ingredients: Scented black tea, cinnamon, spices, pop rocks

Suggested brewing tips

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2-3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

I thought I logged this tea… But I finished off my bag of it today! It will be missed…
The cinnamon in this tea is not as hot as I thought it would be. It’s very sweet and spicy. The vanilla rounds it off quite nicely. Oh… I will miss you cinnamon crackle..

This am was the second time I enjoyed this tea. I prepared it a little stronger using 2t for about 6 oz water. I’m finding I like my flavored teas with lots of flavor. Without a doubt this reminds me of the hot tamale candy I enjoyed so much as a kid. It was a very tasty cup of tea!

I saw VarieTEA had a tasting note for this and I wanted another black tea this afternoon so I grabbed it. If you read my tasting note a bit ago, you’ll know I have a cold and can’t taste much, so don’t take my note as completely accurate :)

I’ve had this one several times before.. a sample I bought from Della Terra. It wasn’t quite what I was expecting, but still a good tea. I imagined a red hot or cinnamon disk candy when I ordered this one, but I get sweet candy cinnamon of a different kind, no heat, and maybe it’s the strawberry from the pop rocks that give it the odd sweet un-cinnamon smell/taste… ??

I don’t know if I’ll find that red hot/ cinnamon disk candy flavored tea, but I think I’ll be ok w/o it until next fall. I’m dreaming of warmer weather and Spring right now… even though the temperatures have fallen yet again and we are expecting heavy snow Sunday/Monday next week Ugh!

keychange

When you do get around to wanting it, you should try H and S’s Hot cinnamon spice. I have some sachets I could send you if you’re interested.

Suziqzer

Thanks keychange for the offer! I have the decaf version of Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon… One of my first purchases after finding Steepster & looking for spicy cinnamon teas. :).

I like it, but the black tea overpowers the cinnamon for me .. & I generally like blacks. I’ve tried steeping it at different temps, some are better than others. I’ve considered trying their herbal version sometime.
keychange

That’s so interesting! I can’t taste the black base at all! (although I have the caffeinated version, so perhaps that accounts for the difference, although you wouldn’t think so)

Suziqzer

I wondered too if it had something to do with it being the decaf version, but I wouldn’t think so.

It might be because I enjoy spicy and cinnamon things.. Maybe I’ve developed a tolerance to the stronger flavors of it and it just doesn’t come across as strong to me .. ?

Oh cinnamon tea, why did I buy you? I think I found steepster too close to BF. I was so excited to TRY ALL THE TEAS that I decided to really take advantage of the many different sales to buy them all. Unfortunately, after some time realizing what my likes/dislikes are, I was left wondering why I bought half the teas I did when the orders finally came in. This is one of those teas. I find cinnamon to be rather finicky in teas and I really hate when cinnamon gets overly sweet.

This is just on the border of cinnamon sweetness. It is spicy enough that I can manage to drink the cup but I think this will be added to my teas to swap because I don’t particularly want to drink it again.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Courtney

Aw I liked this one. :) But I suppose we can’t love all the teas haha.

VariaTEA

Do you want it? I will pass it along. I think I am just super picky about cinnamon.

Stephanie

I hate when that happens!

VariaTEA

Its okay. I have learned. Now when I go on sites, I am incredibly picky about what goes into my cart.

Courtney

I’ve also gotten much pickier, and I’m all about sample sizes. I wouldn’t mind a wee bit, just the next time you’re sending something. :)

It’s all yours :)

Fjellrev

It’s kind of nice to read about the more recent Della Terra offerings since I haven’t ordered since last spring. Seems like I’m not missing out on much. But glad Courtney likes it! It all works out in the end.

Courtney

I don’t really order either Fjellrev haha. Just Lemon Chiffon for J. Cinnamon Crackle is a holiday one I believe, because I had it the Christmas before the one just passed. Were you interested in some? I can certainly share. :)

Fjellrev

Oh no, it’s ok! It’s just funny how from time to time, I check their site and nothing seems to really interest me. Then, I come here and read the reviews and it just sort of validates my judgements. Almond Biscotti seems like their only decent-sounding recent offering.

keychange

Ah, I totally get this. I’m just in the midst of putting together a swap list as we speak…I have way too much of the teas I don’t like, it would seem.

Suziqzer

This one wasn’t exactly what I was expecting either, but good enough to finish the sample pack off.