Anti V-Day Treat

Black Herbal Blend
Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Ozli

• “I had a cup of this tonight and i am now decuboarding it to add it to my swap pile. Again, not because i hate the tea but because i have outgrown it. I like the addition of the vanilla with the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “First to review?! This tea smelled pretty delicious in the infuser both before and after adding water. Sweet, vanilla-y mint. Yum! Much like Santa's Secret from DavidsTea, if my memory...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “So the sentiment might be a bit negative but it is still acknowledging valentine's day and thus fits the bill. I actually quite like the combination of mint and vanilla in this one. It is smooth...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1353 tasting notes
  • “2nd to last cup of this and I forgot it for like, 15 minutes while I played Fallen London. /o\ THIS TEA IS VERY FORGIVING THOUGH! It's still good! Of course, K just showed up with a coffee......” Read full tasting note
    Ozli 293 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Love tea but loathe Valentine’s Day? Nothing wrong with that, just make sure you have some of our Anti V-day Treat there for you when it’s time to ignore all the cards, candies, kisses and roses! We have taken the best vanilla tea with delicious mint for this one! So, turn on the tv, sit back and enjoy your Anti Valentine’s Day Treat!

Ingredients: Black tea, vanilla bits and flavoring, mint leaf bits, red sprinkles

Allergens: contains dairy, soy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

I had a cup of this tonight and i am now decuboarding it to add it to my swap pile. Again, not because i hate the tea but because i have outgrown it. I like the addition of the vanilla with the mint, but i’m growing tired of Della terra’s incessant need to add coloured crap to all their blends. my infusers says…NO MORE! so into the swap box it goes!

silvermage2000

Great review this tea sounds great.

Tuscanteal

You give me morning giggles!! NO MORE!!!! I agree with the sprinkles and all the “stuff” NO MORE!

Their blends stand on their own…get the extra shit out of there . Makes a mess of things and adds nothing! Grrrrr

First to review?!

This tea smelled pretty delicious in the infuser both before and after adding water. Sweet, vanilla-y mint. Yum! Much like Santa’s Secret from DavidsTea, if my memory serves.

I think the flavour is much the same as well, although I’m definitely feeling that there’s more vanilla in here… which for me, is a good thing! Overall, quite a tasty tea! Not sure why it’s anti v-day though, haha.

ETA: Second infusion is surprisingly tasty! Still vanilla mint, and strong enough to be quite enjoyable. HOWEVER, there is a strange sour note poking out here… I’m not sure if it’s my tastebuds, oversteeping, or what exactly, but I might just leave the rest of this cup until morning…

So the sentiment might be a bit negative but it is still acknowledging valentine’s day and thus fits the bill.

I actually quite like the combination of mint and vanilla in this one. It is smooth and sweet and has the perfect amount of mint to round out the flavor. Yum!

Flavors: Vanilla

Lala

Everytime I see the name of this tea, it always makes me think of the movie V for Vendetta and not anything to do with Valentines Day. Ha ha.

Kamyria

LOL Oh, that was one amazing movie

2nd to last cup of this and I forgot it for like, 15 minutes while I played Fallen London. /o\ THIS TEA IS VERY FORGIVING THOUGH! It’s still good! Of course, K just showed up with a coffee…

I’m not dumping it though. It’s so good. I will miss this tea.

Boiling 8 min or more
Cavocorax

Fallen London sounds INTERESTING!

Ozli

It is! It’s a cool story. It is kinda slow in the beginning but idk, I’m still playing, so….

Cavocorax

I bookmarked it!

This tea reminds me of several other blends that Della Terra sells, but the most recent one it reminds me of is Candy Cane, which I just finished up a few weeks ago. I think this has more vanilla in it, which is likely why I didn’t enjoy it as much. I could also do without the sprinkles, they don’t reall add anything to the blend, just a splash of color to the dry leaf. Probably not a reorder for me, but still enjoyable.

Finishing the last of this sample that I received in a trade from yappychappy (thank you!).

I wanted to try Anti V-Day to see if it was Della Terra’s Candy Cane tea made over for another holiday. By now I guess everyone knows that it is. This is fine with me because I loved Candy Cane, so remakes make me smile. The tea is an excellent mix of mint and vanilla with a good black tea base. Out of all the DT teas I’ve tried this on resteeps the best. Just one more reason to love this tea!

This is pretty much the Shamrock black tea without the chocolate. It has a nice minty scent. The flavour is a smooth, creamy mint. If you have a good vanilla/ mint blend, chocolate isn’t always needed.

Smelled amazing when I opened the pouch. Very strong vanilla scent, and sugary. Disappointingly, I found it very weak. I could barely detect the vanilla, and even with a spoonful of sugar didn’t taste the other flavors. I even steeped it longer than recommended hoping that might make a difference. A shame. I was looking forward to this.

Not giving this a rating because I’m not sure how old the sample from the TTB was. My reaction seems to be in the minority.

Why do we have to make this about Valentine’s day? Why can’t I just enjoy this tea year round? Let’s not put such labels on good tea. Tastes like an Andes mint. The red sprinkles leaves a red ring around my mug.

It needs to be said here that VariaTea took a look at my shopping list, and then proceeded to put pretty much the whole thing into a package and mailed it to me. Our dear Anna in Italy did likewise, and this has resulted in an incredibly spoiled keychange indeed. You guys are so lovely. As my friend read out name after name of teas I’d coveted for so long, I just kept gasping and nearly teared up.
“So you guys just all send each other tea? Like, from around the world?”
“Yup, we sure do.” I said proudly.
“Wow. So isn’t coming home to your mail box and packaging off tea to send so much fun?”
“Oh, you have no idea.”

And man is it ever true.

So this tea was one I’d read really good reviews about, and a little while ago, i went through a phase where i wanted to try a lot of mint teas, especially vanilla mint teas, because I don’t typically like chocolate flavouring in my tea. But I’ve also come to realize that it sounded so much better in my head than it was in the cup, and this goes for pretty much any mint tea I’ve had: mint to be, Santa’s secret, the various dellaterra offerings. I think the only exception is Stacy’s peppermint patty, but I can’t remember that one nearly as well since I had it a while ago.

There’s a distinct smell to all dellaterra teas, I think, and this one was no exception. It did smell of vanilla or chocolate though, and I set to brewing it for four minutes. The mint is a bit muted here, covered by that vague dellaterra cake/vanilla/sweet combination of stuff, and the cup was definitely easy to drink, although I am grateful to know that I now won’t have to charge out and buy an oz of it (which I couldn’t do anyway LOL—the site is out).

Thanks so so much, VariaTea! Your package goes out Tuesday!

Roswell Strange

VariaTea is amazing! She’s done the same for me where she just goes through my shopping list (for a while I was keeping it very small so that she wouldn’t send me more stuff) for stuff to send, or takes notice of companies I really like, finds things for comparison with what I already have… Best tea swap partner ever!

keychange

She’s incredible! and of course I only have like three things on her shopping list, so I’m like scrambling around to find stuff, because that kind of generosity can’t go unchecked! LOL

Roswell Strange

Haha, bombard her with ALL THE TEA because before you know it she’ll be under 100 again…

Anna

I got some of the Queen in the EU swap box yesterday – it’ll be like we traded places on the dash!

keychange

Anna, you must let me know what you think of the Queen! she’s exquisite! and roswell, I’m going to see if I can’t find a few extras to pad things up a bit. No way I’m going to let her keep her cupboard down while the rest of ours skyrocket out of control! haha

Anna

Hehe, yeah – but don’t get your hopes up, it’s exactly the kind of tea I tend to avoid. You know, black and very tea-y. But I must try it!

VariaTEA

Thanks guys. And I am just very happy to share. So many people have been so generous to me that I am happy when I can do the same for others.