Anti V-Day Treat

Black Herbal Blend
Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Ozli

• “I had a cup of this tonight and i am now decuboarding it to add it to my swap pile. Again, not because i hate the tea but because i have outgrown it. I like the addition of the vanilla with the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5079 tasting notes
  • “First to review?! This tea smelled pretty delicious in the infuser both before and after adding water. Sweet, vanilla-y mint. Yum! Much like Santa's Secret from DavidsTea, if my memory...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2390 tasting notes
  • “So the sentiment might be a bit negative but it is still acknowledging valentine's day and thus fits the bill. I actually quite like the combination of mint and vanilla in this one. It is smooth...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1967 tasting notes
  • “2nd to last cup of this and I forgot it for like, 15 minutes while I played Fallen London. /o\ THIS TEA IS VERY FORGIVING THOUGH! It's still good! Of course, K just showed up with a coffee......” Read full tasting note
    Ozli 299 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Love tea but loathe Valentine’s Day? Nothing wrong with that, just make sure you have some of our Anti V-day Treat there for you when it’s time to ignore all the cards, candies, kisses and roses! We have taken the best vanilla tea with delicious mint for this one! So, turn on the tv, sit back and enjoy your Anti Valentine’s Day Treat!

Ingredients: Black tea, vanilla bits and flavoring, mint leaf bits, red sprinkles

Allergens: contains dairy, soy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

I had a cup of this tonight and i am now decuboarding it to add it to my swap pile. Again, not because i hate the tea but because i have outgrown it. I like the addition of the vanilla with the mint, but i’m growing tired of Della terra’s incessant need to add coloured crap to all their blends. my infusers says…NO MORE! so into the swap box it goes!

silvermage2000

Great review this tea sounds great.

Tuscanteal

You give me morning giggles!! NO MORE!!!! I agree with the sprinkles and all the “stuff” NO MORE!

Their blends stand on their own…get the extra shit out of there . Makes a mess of things and adds nothing! Grrrrr

First to review?!

This tea smelled pretty delicious in the infuser both before and after adding water. Sweet, vanilla-y mint. Yum! Much like Santa’s Secret from DavidsTea, if my memory serves.

I think the flavour is much the same as well, although I’m definitely feeling that there’s more vanilla in here… which for me, is a good thing! Overall, quite a tasty tea! Not sure why it’s anti v-day though, haha.

ETA: Second infusion is surprisingly tasty! Still vanilla mint, and strong enough to be quite enjoyable. HOWEVER, there is a strange sour note poking out here… I’m not sure if it’s my tastebuds, oversteeping, or what exactly, but I might just leave the rest of this cup until morning…

1967 tasting notes

So the sentiment might be a bit negative but it is still acknowledging valentine’s day and thus fits the bill.

I actually quite like the combination of mint and vanilla in this one. It is smooth and sweet and has the perfect amount of mint to round out the flavor. Yum!

Flavors: Vanilla

Lala

Everytime I see the name of this tea, it always makes me think of the movie V for Vendetta and not anything to do with Valentines Day. Ha ha.

Kamyria

LOL Oh, that was one amazing movie

2nd to last cup of this and I forgot it for like, 15 minutes while I played Fallen London. /o\ THIS TEA IS VERY FORGIVING THOUGH! It’s still good! Of course, K just showed up with a coffee…

I’m not dumping it though. It’s so good. I will miss this tea.

Boiling 8 min or more
Cavocorax

Fallen London sounds INTERESTING!

Ozli

It is! It’s a cool story. It is kinda slow in the beginning but idk, I’m still playing, so….

I bookmarked it!

1940 tasting notes

This tea reminds me of several other blends that Della Terra sells, but the most recent one it reminds me of is Candy Cane, which I just finished up a few weeks ago. I think this has more vanilla in it, which is likely why I didn’t enjoy it as much. I could also do without the sprinkles, they don’t reall add anything to the blend, just a splash of color to the dry leaf. Probably not a reorder for me, but still enjoyable.

Finishing the last of this sample that I received in a trade from yappychappy (thank you!).

I wanted to try Anti V-Day to see if it was Della Terra’s Candy Cane tea made over for another holiday. By now I guess everyone knows that it is. This is fine with me because I loved Candy Cane, so remakes make me smile. The tea is an excellent mix of mint and vanilla with a good black tea base. Out of all the DT teas I’ve tried this on resteeps the best. Just one more reason to love this tea!

This is pretty much the Shamrock black tea without the chocolate. It has a nice minty scent. The flavour is a smooth, creamy mint. If you have a good vanilla/ mint blend, chocolate isn’t always needed.

Smelled amazing when I opened the pouch. Very strong vanilla scent, and sugary. Disappointingly, I found it very weak. I could barely detect the vanilla, and even with a spoonful of sugar didn’t taste the other flavors. I even steeped it longer than recommended hoping that might make a difference. A shame. I was looking forward to this.

Not giving this a rating because I’m not sure how old the sample from the TTB was. My reaction seems to be in the minority.

Why do we have to make this about Valentine’s day? Why can’t I just enjoy this tea year round? Let’s not put such labels on good tea. Tastes like an Andes mint. The red sprinkles leaves a red ring around my mug.

omg i never post on here any more wtf

and even right now i ran out of time and need to log off and run. ugh.

here is a video of oddree’s cat http://shmiracles.tumblr.com/post/86616074858

i bought this tea from VariaTEA yay!
i’ll write a real note later.
happy friday everyone!

OMGsrsly

HI KITTY! Hi! Surprised my beast didn’t come running. :)

Cavocorax

OMG. How did I not notice this in tumblr? I need to pay more attention for when you sneak things in!

(I hope my multitude of Hannibal reaction posts didn’t spoil everything for you guys)

Shmiracles

ya know what happens,… i start to write a review and i’m such a slow writer that maybe 20 to 40 mins will pass between the time i open the post window and when i actually click post. so when it IS actually posted in the steepster feed, it’s sometimes half way down the page or even on the next steepster feed page already.
if i remember to, i’ve started composing reviews in an email and then posting them into the review. at least that way i have at least 3 min at the top :)

OMGsrsly

I do that too, Shmiracles! And I see you followed me back on tumblr. Mine is 99.99% reblogs. So.