Anti V-Day Treat

Black Herbal Blend
Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Ozli

• “I had a cup of this tonight and i am now decuboarding it to add it to my swap pile. Again, not because i hate the tea but because i have outgrown it. I like the addition of the vanilla with the...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6342 tasting notes
  • “First to review?! This tea smelled pretty delicious in the infuser both before and after adding water. Sweet, vanilla-y mint. Yum! Much like Santa’s Secret from DavidsTea, if my...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2970 tasting notes
  • “So the sentiment might be a bit negative but it is still acknowledging valentine’s day and thus fits the bill. I actually quite like the combination of mint and vanilla in this one. It is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2369 tasting notes
  • “2nd to last cup of this and I forgot it for like, 15 minutes while I played Fallen London. /o\ THIS TEA IS VERY Read full tasting note
    Ozli 299 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Love tea but loathe Valentine’s Day? Nothing wrong with that, just make sure you have some of our Anti V-day Treat there for you when it’s time to ignore all the cards, candies, kisses and roses! We have taken the best vanilla tea with delicious mint for this one! So, turn on the tv, sit back and enjoy your Anti Valentine’s Day Treat!

Ingredients: Black tea, vanilla bits and flavoring, mint leaf bits, red sprinkles

Allergens: contains dairy, soy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

I had a cup of this tonight and i am now decuboarding it to add it to my swap pile. Again, not because i hate the tea but because i have outgrown it. I like the addition of the vanilla with the mint, but i’m growing tired of Della terra’s incessant need to add coloured crap to all their blends. my infusers says…NO MORE! so into the swap box it goes!

silvermage2000

Great review this tea sounds great.

Tuscanteal

You give me morning giggles!! NO MORE!!!! I agree with the sprinkles and all the “stuff” NO MORE!

Their blends stand on their own…get the extra shit out of there . Makes a mess of things and adds nothing! Grrrrr

First to review?!

This tea smelled pretty delicious in the infuser both before and after adding water. Sweet, vanilla-y mint. Yum! Much like Santa’s Secret from DavidsTea, if my memory serves.

I think the flavour is much the same as well, although I’m definitely feeling that there’s more vanilla in here… which for me, is a good thing! Overall, quite a tasty tea! Not sure why it’s anti v-day though, haha.

ETA: Second infusion is surprisingly tasty! Still vanilla mint, and strong enough to be quite enjoyable. HOWEVER, there is a strange sour note poking out here… I’m not sure if it’s my tastebuds, oversteeping, or what exactly, but I might just leave the rest of this cup until morning…

I actually quite like the combination of mint and vanilla in this one. It is smooth and sweet and has the perfect amount of mint to round out the flavor. Yum!

Flavors: Vanilla

Lala

Everytime I see the name of this tea, it always makes me think of the movie V for Vendetta and not anything to do with Valentines Day. Ha ha.

Kamyria

LOL Oh, that was one amazing movie

2nd to last cup of this and I forgot it for like, 15 minutes while I played Fallen London. /o\ THIS TEA IS VERY FORGIVING THOUGH! It’s still good! Of course, K just showed up with a coffee…

I’m not dumping it though. It’s so good. I will miss this tea.

Boiling 8 min or more
Cavocorax

Fallen London sounds INTERESTING!

Ozli

It is! It’s a cool story. It is kinda slow in the beginning but idk, I’m still playing, so….

Cavocorax

I bookmarked it!

2077 tasting notes

This tea reminds me of several other blends that Della Terra sells, but the most recent one it reminds me of is Candy Cane, which I just finished up a few weeks ago. I think this has more vanilla in it, which is likely why I didn’t enjoy it as much. I could also do without the sprinkles, they don’t reall add anything to the blend, just a splash of color to the dry leaf. Probably not a reorder for me, but still enjoyable.

Finishing the last of this sample that I received in a trade from yappychappy (thank you!).

I wanted to try Anti V-Day to see if it was Della Terra’s Candy Cane tea made over for another holiday. By now I guess everyone knows that it is. This is fine with me because I loved Candy Cane, so remakes make me smile. The tea is an excellent mix of mint and vanilla with a good black tea base. Out of all the DT teas I’ve tried this on resteeps the best. Just one more reason to love this tea!

This is pretty much the Shamrock black tea without the chocolate. It has a nice minty scent. The flavour is a smooth, creamy mint. If you have a good vanilla/ mint blend, chocolate isn’t always needed.

Smelled amazing when I opened the pouch. Very strong vanilla scent, and sugary. Disappointingly, I found it very weak. I could barely detect the vanilla, and even with a spoonful of sugar didn’t taste the other flavors. I even steeped it longer than recommended hoping that might make a difference. A shame. I was looking forward to this.

Not giving this a rating because I’m not sure how old the sample from the TTB was. My reaction seems to be in the minority.

Why do we have to make this about Valentine’s day? Why can’t I just enjoy this tea year round? Let’s not put such labels on good tea. Tastes like an Andes mint. The red sprinkles leaves a red ring around my mug.

I had to work on Saturday (I do hate 6 day weeks), so this came with me in my Timolino to make my morning more bearable. I used 1.5 tsp of leaf, gave it approximately 3.5 minutes in boiling water, and added a splash of milk. I don’t usually try a tea for the first time in a Timolino, but I feel like I’m familiar enough with Della Terra’s flavoured blends to do that. This one is good – creamy from the vanilla, mildly minty, with a hint of chocolate smoothness rounding out the sip. It’s delicately sweet – not overpoweringly so, but enough to know that this is a dessert tea. There’s a hint of the base in the aftertaste, but it’s mostly malt and I can’t argue with that. Malty teas are my thing.

I enjoyed this one (although why it’s anti v-day, I’m not sure). My one real complaint is that it’s clearly a re-named version of an existing tea (or teas, actually). I’m thinking Swiss Mountain, Bats in the Belfry, Minty Cow…they’re all vanilla/mint/chocolate blends of one kind or another, and they all taste pretty much the same. So, while I enjoyed this one, I do feel like I’ve been here before. There’s nothing unique to be found. Still, sometimes familiarity is what I crave. Never more so than at 6.30am on a Saturday, when I should be in bed. Thank goodness for tea!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp
Fjellrev

Hope you won’t have to work on Saturday for a long time to come now! And I agree, it seems like their chocolate vanilla mint teas with whatever festive sprinkles are the same. Tasty, but the same.