Lime Chiffon

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Cream, Custard, Lime, Tart, Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by yappychappy

From Della Terra Teas

If you love the amazing, tart desset lime chiffon, lime pie, real limes, anything lime then this tea is for you! This tea is a fantastic rooibos with the rich and delicious flavor of a chiffon and the tartness and fruity freshness of real lime, this tea will be a favorite of yours! If you also enjoy our Lemon Chiffon this is a MUST TRY!

Ingredients: Rooibos, lime flavor, cream flavor, lime pieces and bits

About Della Terra Teas View company

This will be the first of many tasting notes from the huge box of swap samples BrewTEAlly Sweet sent me! Thaaaaaaaanks! :D

Della Terra makes a few rooibos teas I can actually enjoy, though generally I tend to really dislike rooibos. This is another winner from Della Terra. I think I like it even more than the lemon chiffon! Super creamy and Limey! The bitterness of the rooibos is completely masked, and I love me some lime in general :)

Glad to have a few new herbals to try, since it is chilly in the evenings now, and I’m actually reaching for evening teas again.

BrewTEAlly Sweet

Wait until you try DAVIDs Lime Gelato!

BrewTEAlly Sweet

I am the same way with Rooibos’

1908 tasting notes

Hmm… I thought that I had rated this, but apparently I haven’t.

I really enjoyed lemon chiffon so with my last order I decided to pick this up with the intention of cold steeping it. It makes a great iced tea and I like it much better than when I tried it hot. I’m not a huge fan of lime, so I like it slightly less than lemon chiffon, but it was nice to have another citrus tea that I would consider drinking on a regular basis.

The smell of this reminded me of key lime pie and I loved that I couldn’t really taste the rooibos since I’m still not a huge fan of it.

Iced
Lariel of Lórien

It’s pretty awesome with their orange rooibos tea.

I don’t know why this is surprising that I like this so much, but it is. Rooibos blends tend to be hit or miss for me, but this has gotten some really great reviews. I’m curious about the Lemon Chiffon now, but I can’t drink that because of the honeybush so I’m just stuck with this one. The ingredient list doesn’t mention honeybush in the lime blend here so I’m really hoping I don’t have a reaction to this.

This is nicely limey with a decent creamy taste to it. It’s not subtle, which is good for me, and it’s very much nice. Thanks to Sil for this sample.

weird that lime and lemon have different ingredients in terms of rooibos/honeybush

Tea Sipper

Yeah, for some reason DT doesn’t like to mention all their ingredients. I’m drinking their walnut brittle right now that has a big pecan in it but doesn’t mention it on the package. It’s a nice blend anyway!

Yum!
I think I like this one more than lemon chiffon & i definitely like it better than lemon lime cream tart.

Im not convinced this is lime tasting, but rather just citrus. I do wish it was a bit more creamy, but it is quite delicious.

Last bit! SUCH a good tea. I made it and a peach vodka ginger ale at the same time (it’s hot!!!) and then was like, whelp. :/ I guess I was on autopilot or didn’t count a steeping tea as a beverage BECAUSE I’M STILL THIRSTY WTF >:(

Anyway, I’m drinking it; it’s excellent. And on my shopping list for when Lemon/Lime Tart runs out.

Every holloween I cant wait to get a bag of flavored tootsie rolls just so I can pick out all the lime ones!!! This tea taste exactly like my favorite tootsie roll, I cant get enough. A must have! Half way through I added a little sweetener, nope it didn’t need it.

205 °F / 96 °C
KiwiDelight

I have yet to try this. I hope I won’t be disappointed – a lot of people here really like it.

This is one delicious rooibos! The flavour of creamy lime is very prominent. The rooibos base is very light which is nice. I googled chiffon and found out it is cake. I am not sure if I got any cake flavour or not. I was too distracted by all the creamy lime!
Good dessert tea! I can see myself restocking this baby!

1.5 tablespoons for 375 ml

Dilute flavour. Slight creaminess. Sugary aftertaste. Lime flavour throughout. I would prefer this flavouring with a green tea base.

Thanks to Sil for sharing!

When I open this bag, it smells like the same slightly carmel-y lemongrass base as the lemon chiffon, but with a sharp lime scent that practically makes my mouth water! The creamy taste mellows out the lime, but it doesn’t take away all of it’s tart kick. I have tried it hot and cold, with sugar, with and without milk. It’s delicious any way I make it. The lime taste really does linger after each sip and I have been going through the bag quickly. I took a chance with ordering a full 2oz before trying it and I’m glad I did because I’m really enjoying the crap out of this tea!

I decided to get a little adventurous. I put a teaspoon worth of tea, half cup of rum and a tablespoon of sugar in a jar and left it overnight in the fridge. I tried it the next day and it tasted good, but SUPER strong. So I tried mixing it with some lime flavored soda water and it absolutely killed it. I still had some of the rum-sugar-tea mix left and decided to marinate a slab of ahi tuna in it (about 5 minutes on each side since I was in a hurry). I then pan seared the tuna, pouring half the rum in when searing it on each side. It was a little on the sweet side and a lot on the delicious side with the lime complementing the fish well! I think I might try it with shrimp next time and also try using a smoother rum to begin with. Or maybe I’ll try it on a rum cake! I bet that would be crazy good!

Erin

Alcohol is an excellent solvent- no wonder it came out so strong in rum!

So apparently I’ve been drinking LIME not LEMON the entire time. Gah.

Alright Lime Chiffon, let’s hope you are the rooibos that stays.

Well I can barely smell the rooibos – off to a great start! The lime is perfect in this blend. Not too too much but also not overpowering. I’m excited for the second steep of this.

Thanks jessiwrites!