Peppermint Bark

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

• “Backlogging tea of yesterday afternoon..... I have had a few mugs of this by now, so I feel I can give it a pretty good review. I got it in the first run of Della Terra's Mystery Boxes. For...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 956 tasting notes
  • “My Della Terra order arrived today from my Black Friday frenzy purchase. Just in time really because I had a few Christmas themed teas to try, including this one. My stomach has been a little off...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 984 tasting notes
  • “I got this in a recent swap with *Lariel* and since I finally have the green light (health-wise) to dive back into the world of tea, I opted for this today. OMG! Words cannot describe the...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Okay, this one surprised me. I actually thought it was Teajo's Raspberry Bark (and posted this there), and then realized it wasn't. How could I mistake the two? Uh... Smells beautifully of...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 944 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

One sip of this vanilla black tea combined with peppermint, crushed candy cane candies and mini chocolate morsels will send you on a trip down Candy Cane Lane! The combination of China black tea, vanilla and peppermint are a perfect blend. Throw in the crushed candy canes and you get a delicious, creamy mint flavor that will have you in the holiday spirit in no time! (Formerly called “Candy Cane Lane”)

Ingredients: black tea, vanilla flavor, peppermint leaves, chocolate bits, crushed candy canes, chocolate morsels

Allergens: Contains dairy and soy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2- 3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

I got this from my Christmas card exchange with Khaleesical. I am drinking it now, as I feel like I should drink a Christmas tea on… Christmas. This tea is only fine for me. It brewed really weak, which is a disappointment. I don’t know if the mug I used to brew it is just bigger than I thought and I didn’t use enough tea, or what happened. I used 2 teaspoons (a bit over) for 16 ounces.

Anyway, besides brewing tea a bit weak for me, this tea is lovely. It tastes like I remember Celestial Seasonings’ Candy Cane Lane to taste like, as it has a sweet backdrop to a mint flavor. This is a very good tea if you are looking for a black tea with mint and other sweet flavors. It falls a bit flat for me, though, and I can’t put a finger on why I’m not absolutely in love with it.

With all of that said, I would likely order this tea on my own. I believe I could become really excited about it if I was in the perfect mood for it.

A nicely balanced peppermint black tea. Can’t really taste the chocolate, however. It’s all black tea, peppermint and vanilla. I like it, but I’m not sure if it’s a peppermint black tea I’d want to regularly keep around the house yet.

I would check this tea, or one of its variations, if you’re looking for a more balanced peppermint black tea, though.

From Travelling Tea Box C – A nice black tea with a good combination of vanilla and peppermint and I guess crushed candy canes. I thought I tasted chocolate too, but I’m not sure.

Since this tea is pretty much Shamrocks and Shenanigans, but with candy cane pieces, I’m keeping this review short. This is one of my favorite dessert teas. It tastes so good! The addition of the candy cane creates a nice aftertaste, and adds color to the dry leaf as well.