Peach Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian

• “Full review on the 5th on http://sororiteasisters.com/ but in the mean time here are the snippits: Peach Oolong from Della Terra Teas is a must try if you love peach flavored teas or oolong...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “ THIRD TIME HAS TO BE THE CHARM, SORRY FOLKS! TOO MANY PEACH TEAS TOO FEW BRAIN CELLS... SORRY FOR HOGGING THE TEA LIGHT IN YOUR FEEDS.... THIS IS ME WHEN IT GETS TOO HOT. this tea was very...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 378 tasting notes
  • “More OOLONG! My computer is on the second floor of my house and my tea set up is in the downstairs kitchen. I refuse to go up and down the stairs on this stupid brazilian jiujitsu injured knee -...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1033 tasting notes
  • “soooo this isn't terrible for an oolong. Most of you know how much i "love" oolongs. It's not an overly peachy tea as the oolong balances out the flavour. I'm pretty sure others who favour...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4842 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Our Peach Oolong combines amazing oolong with a little green tea and peach flavor and peach rose hips. A delicious, light flavor. Flavored Oolong lovers, you will adore this tea!

Ingredients: Oolong tea, green tea, peach flavor and peach rose hips

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 176-185°F

Steep Time: 2-3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Peach Oolong from Della Terra Teas is a must try if you love peach flavored teas or oolong tea!

I have many favorites from Della Terra Teas and have reviewed several here on the blog. I am really glad I got to try this one though. The peachy flavor is fresh and juicy, the oolong flavor offers a good support to all the peachiness, and the green tea has a really yummy butteriness that makes the blend taste a little like a buttery peach cobbler.

This tea verges between a replacement for fruit juice in the morning and a dessert tea after dinner.

THIRD TIME HAS TO BE THE CHARM, SORRY FOLKS! TOO MANY PEACH TEAS TOO FEW BRAIN CELLSSORRY FOR HOGGING THE TEA LIGHT IN YOUR FEEDS…. THIS IS ME WHEN IT GETS TOO HOT.

this tea was very well done! my experience with peach teas have not been abundantly successful— most of them have tasted like the peaches you accidentally drop kicked at the grocery store (fermented) or like tobacco (i don’t smoke and even if i did i don’t want it in tea). i was also dubious that peach and oolong would pair well… but ShortSorceress and i have similar tastes and this was a sample she included in our mammoth swap recently, so of course i was going to try it!

what i didn’t know was that ShortSorceress has friends in high places… see she called the people at della terra and told them about our awesome exchange. della terra were very sporting.. they explained that they had a store of peaches that they stashed in sawdust in boxes that they kept on the top shelf of their most protected vault (the one with the 200 alpha-numeric access code) for just such auspicious occasions.

this tea is the perfect peach. it is precisely ripened from inside the confines of the super secret della terra vault, it is beautifully balanced with the oolong (neither overpowering the other), and it is confident in its presence with strength in subtlety… like bruce lee and his one inch punch. i never would have bought it for myself… that ShortSorceress is one savvy lady!!!

everything i have said tea-wise is absolutely true, and all the rest? you’ll have to find the della terra vault and climb up to the top shelf to prove me a story teller.

Nxtdoor

I wonder why they do that. It is a known fact that peaches in fact do not ripen off the tree, like avocados and banana. They soften but they do not ripen.

Short Sorceress

haha, glad to see you finally got the review in the right place.

JustJames

bah. it’s hot. =0)

More OOLONG!

My computer is on the second floor of my house and my tea set up is in the downstairs kitchen. I refuse to go up and down the stairs on this stupid brazilian jiujitsu injured knee – so today’s oolong tea is a not a gaiwan super reinfusion type.

Peach oolong from Della Terra. Okay. Okay hot – moreso a bit of peachyness to compliment the base. However, this tea iced is very good! I like this more than a black peach tea iced. The peach comes out very well and the savory green and floral oolong base snuggle well with the peach.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/05/31/peach-oolong-from-della-terra-teas-tea-review/

Iced
High Adventure

Your little owls are so flipping cute.

soooo this isn’t terrible for an oolong. Most of you know how much i “love” oolongs. It’s not an overly peachy tea as the oolong balances out the flavour. I’m pretty sure others who favour oolongs would find this to be a nice addition to their cupboards.

This is my second peach oolong of the day and it is much more like what I was looking for, the first one was a little dissapointing. The peach, oolong, and green tea each come through nicely in this blend. I absolutely love that I can taste all three flavors and the peach doesn’t overshadow any of the other ingredients. It has a nice sweet and juicy taste from the peach that makes this perfect for a hot day like today. What I was most excited about was that this was just as good hot as it was at room temperature and it resteeped well.

Not my favorite. It’s a roastier oolong, so it can tend to get bitter. Also, it doesn’t have the creamy texture that many oolongs do (especially the greener ones). I signficantly preferred Davidstea Long Life Oolong. Too bad I bought a 2oz pouch of this one. If only it were green! …. sigh

Maybe I’ll try mixing it with a greener oolong and see if that helps.

The first of my swaps with TraceyC and this one is lovely. Great suggestion, Tracey! Sweet and light, just enough peach and just enough oolong. I’m gonna enjoy the rest of this one! I look forward to seeing how well a resteep goes in the morning.

2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Underwhelming hot, underwhelming cold. Underwhelming in the pot, nine days old!

…please ignore my childhood flashback.

This tea is forgettable and not worth my time. I’ll finish up the packet and then move on.

This smells amazingly peachy in the bag, but the finished cuppa just didn’t carry through – sadface. I think I need to try it again at a lower tempt and maybe for shorter.