The Malt Shop

Chocolate, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Alphakitty

• “My mom had her eye surgery, and it seems like it'll be successful. I say "will" because she won't be able to see out of it for weeks, and it takes three months to heal. But it looks like all will...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from *whatshesaid* :D Thanks! So I can definitely see what everyone means about the wet-looking leaf... that is really odd. It's weird to scoop it up too, because it's kind of...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “TastyBrew sent me a surprise package! She's so nice!! This was one of the teas she included. Thanks, TastyBrew!! Btw, she has adorable labels for her tea packaging!! This was one tea I thought...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 517 tasting notes
  • “i'm in yogaville! basically it's a place where you can meditate and read and do yoga and eat amazing vegan meals and listen to lectures and drink tea ALL WHILE WEARING YOUR JAMMIE PANTS. ya know,...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Who doesn’t love a thick, rich chocolate malt from your favorite malt shop? I mean, every town still has one right? You go there right after the sock hop! Well, either way this amazing black tea revists that amazing era with the rich taste of chocolate malt! Does this tea taste like a malt, or a malted milk ball candy… you decide. One thing for sure, it’s delicious!

Ingredients: Black tea, chocolate malt flavor, mini chocolate morsels, malted milk balls

About Della Terra Teas View company

Even though I’m not a fan of Della Terra’s chocolate teas, I was curious about this one. Thanks to JustJames for sending me a sample of it in our swap.

This has the typical chocolate flavoring that I dislike, but have come to expect from Della Terra, that leaves all of their chocolate teas tasting pretty much the same. This was not nearly as malty as I expected and the base came through a lot more than I would have liked.

I made a pot of this for my friend and I. He loved it. I did not… I didn’t think I would because i don’t love chocolate as a food, and I don’t really love it as a tea either.. oh well such is life.. he gained the rest of this from me :)

Courtney

Yes, I was not a huge fan either. I’m sorry if this was one I sent you!

Aimee Popovacki

oh its ok haha it was worth a try.. i finished my cup of it!! .. the smell of its awesome… its just not my taste! luckily someone loved it :)

Well this tea was good, fairly chocolaty. But I am not sure I’d go out of my way to get it from DTT.
I’ve been on a minor quest to see if there is any chocolate teas that I would really love. A few that I’ve had a mild like for…at least at 1st, but by the 2nd cup or even by the end of that 1st cup and sometimes gotten so….ehhh about it I can’t even finish! lol.

I did manage to finish this cup and still liked it. On to reviewing Blueberry Crumble, which is what I am actually drinking now.

I dont know what it is, but I’m not a fan of the chocolate-based DT teas that I’ve tried so far. Something about them is too artificial. I must have very unique tastes relative to most of the reviewers.

This tea smells wonderful in the bag. The dry leaf smell is so much better than the DT S’mores tea. I had high hopes, but the brewed tea is a cup of ick to me. Tastes vaguely like cheap generic chocolate, but the black tea comes through in the flavor too. I didn’t finish the cup before brewing something else, but I’m not going to give it my didn’t-finish-the-cup rating as it wasn’t painful to drink, I just didn’t want to finish the cup considering how many new samples I had waiting for me that might be better.

I don’t think the water that comes out of our office water cooler is hot enough. I taste lots of black tea and the malty-ness comes off on the very end. I wish it was malt bally all the way through…cause I love Whoppers! Dry is smells delish and steeped it’s just a bit mellower. The dry leaves do look “wet” as antoher Steepster put it…I was afraid they really were, lol! It was somewhat yummy but…like I said the parameters that may make it extra yummy were off.

Rachel J

You need an electric kettle for your desk! Just a tiny one, lol.

This one definitely smells and tastes malty. Kinda reminds me of Whoppers to be honest. xD Tastes like whoppers in liquid form. Which is good for me. Tea doesn’t give me terrible heartburn like chocolate does! This tea is definitely a win!

Flavors: Chocolate, Malt

mj

Liquid whoppers? I may need this. Also, you can’t eat chocolate?? I’m very sad for you. On the other hand, I would be much thinner without chocolate

Ost

I can send some to you if you want! (:

Ost

I was actually thinking about you when I drank it. Was thinking, “you know who might like this? mj might like this!”

mj

Yes, I would like to try some! Oh darn, we’ll have to do another swap :-)

Ost

You don’t have to swap anything if you don’t want. I can just send some to you (:

mj

Swapping is way more fun!

Ost

Aha true :P just message me about it then? (: I am totally down for it!

Really delicious, amazing smelling, malty tea. I like malty beer too. This is a great one, and I’m always grateful that Shmiracles keeps some in her cupboard for sure !

This tea has a weird artificial flavor that I don’t love. I’m sad about this because I love malted milk balls and had high hopes for this. This definitely is not a re-buy!