Blueberry Crumble

Black Fruit Green Blend
Black Tea, Blueberry, Cinnamon, Green Tea, Safflower, Sugar Sprinkles
Blueberry, Cake, Caramel, Cinnamon, Smooth, Pastries, Sugar, Baked Bread, Berries, Butter
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

From Della Terra Teas

Our Blueberry Crumble has the delicious taste of blueberry and rich, warm crumb cake! Black and green tea combined with blueberry, cake and cinnamon. It’ll seem like you have a slice of that crumble, warm, crumbly cake right in your own cup. You can almost taste the crisp cinnamon and sugar on top!

Amount: 1 tsp per 8oz
Temp: Boiling
Steep: 3-5 min

About Della Terra Teas View company

Both the dry and brewed aroma of this tea is heavenly. Although this tea lists black tea as part of the base I don’t get a significant aroma or taste – which is fine by me! The blueberry and crumble flavors are in perfect balance and one doesn’t overpower the other allowing for a truly delectable dessert tea. I am not one to add sweetener to my teas however the sprinkles add a good level of sweetness without being overly sugar laden. Overall, the flavor profile replicates it’s namesake to a tea! ;)

Thank you to KiwiDelight for sending me this one. What a surprise tea! The water was way too hot to begin with, though I know the water that you get from most coffee shops is way too hot for tea. Didn’t taste like much while hot but as it began to cool the flavor really came out. It smells great too! Every time I open the door to the place I stow my stuff on the plane it smells like blueberries.

155 °F / 68 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

This tea starts with a bright blueberry jam note, and then fades into a…cinnamon and sugar piece of toast? Yes, I am getting a strong sense of toast, which others seem to describe as the top of the crumble. Kind of odd, but really interesting how unique and real it tastes. Also, it may be worth noting, that I had more green tea then black in my sample bag. I don’t think this is something I would find myself craving, so not a re-purchase per say, but I think it will be enjoyable when I want something a bit unusual.

1940 tasting notes

Just a warning this tea is dangerous, especially if you like to bake it makes you crave things you probably don’t need to eat. I could tell what a treat this would be when I opened up the package, the smell was just yum. It immediately reminded me of blueberry crumb cake once I started drinking it and now I’ve got a terrible craving to make one. It doesn’t have an overwhelming blueberry taste, I think the cake aspect stands out the most, with a hint of maple. It is slightly sweetened and you can see the sugar crystals in the package. The cinnamon doesn’t stand out, it’s more of a background note, which I really like. I don’t think this would have tasted nearly as good if it were spicy.

I wish I would have started my day off with this, it would have been perfect with the pancakes I made for breakfast. It didn’t go as well with the blueberry chicken salad I made for lunch.

Even though I’m not a huge fan of dessert teas I could see this becoming a Saturday morning staple when I make pancakes for the family.

ifjuly

Della Terra has quickly become my favorite affordable brand for dessert-flavored tea blends! And I totally agree, the problem is they make you crave baked goods, they’re so evocative. (:

I’m neutral on this one. It’s not awful, and I’m sensing potential for improvement. I’m just at a loss as to how I could make it better. I get a tiny hint of a possibly brown sugar taste at the end of the sip, but adding more tea or sugar just seemed to block that out… which is the opposite of what cake should be.

So if anyone wants an almost entirely full 2oz bag… just say so. I’d love for this to go somewhere it will be enjoyed!

ATTENTION: This note contains some science garbling semi-relating Darwinian Evolution/Population Dynamics to tea.

I came home after my Experimental Evolutionary Ecology Class (E^3 as we so fondly call it which irritates my boyfriend because he says that should only apply to video games…oh pish posh.— At least our lab groups have interesting names like E^3PO ..tehehe) and found a package from Ost anddd Carol Who waiting for me! Man, sciences classes, letters, and tea, could this weekday possibly get any better?!? I took out a herbal tea from Carol Who (note to follow-hopefully later in the day:D) and this tea from Ost. This one was first because caffeine must be drinken earlier in the day..

Boy am I so glad that I drank this tea after my evolution class because it is so fitting. The flavors in this tea EVOLVE…I can hardly stand how awesome this is!! It’s like generations and generations of accruing mutations happening in my mouth in one sip! :D Ahhh, from the primordial brown steeped liquor arises a slight spicy twang of cinnamon but suddenly a juicy blueberry point mutation occurs giving it a selective advantage over the cinnamon essentially outcompeting it until only the sweet juiciness of blueberry remains. Pretty soon, some cake migrates into the cup and obliterates the previously strong blueberry until all that is left is the sweet, cakey crumble to satisfy your taste buds. Three distinct flavors all fighting to be the fittest but leading to one very satisfying cup. An amazing dessert tea that just makes me happy (and it lasted three beautiful resteeps for me!^.^)

Thank you so much, Ost!

Flavors: Blueberry, Cake, Caramel, Cinnamon, Smooth

Anlina

Haha that was an amazing tasting note!

Ost

Yah!!! I am so ridiculously Happy that you liked it! :D

Cheri

E^3PO. I love it.

carol who

Isn’t it funny how tea can arrive all at once? Glad you like it!

Speaking of sort of evolutionary stuff… have you ever seen Orphan Black?

Mikumofu

blueberry point mutation LOL!

Sipdown! (146)

Ost was kind enough to include a sample of this in the package with my stash sale purchases, thanks dear! I do love me some blueberries. The sample was 2 teaspoons and Della Terra’s website recommended 1 teaspoon for 6 ounces, so I decided to just use the whole thing for my 8 ounce cup. In my experience, Della Terra’s teas need to be overleafed anyway to be strong enough.

This is a perfectly nice flavored tea. It’s mostly pastry and cinnamon to me, with hardly any blueberry. It sort of reminds me of cinnamon rolls with sugar glaze over the top and maybe a couple of blueberries sprinkled over. I don’t think I would order this, it’s a bit too artificial for me. It is quite tasty, but not enough blueberry!

Flavors: Blueberry, Cinnamon, Pastries, Sugar

Been trying to sip down a lot of my samples lately. And since this tea was only an ounce I wanted to finish it too. Plus there’s at least three teaspoons that are just crumbs at the bottom of the bag that I probably won’t use…Well maybe…I am not sure.
This tea keeps growing on me more.
I’ve been in a desert tea mood lately, and am half tempted to order this again when i run out.
It’s seriously just like eating a blueberry muffin-but not normal ones. The ones with the crumble stuff on the top. I don’t even know what it is. But now at Starbucks they have blueberry muffins with the crumble on top. Totally looks like mold-but HOLY SHANGHAI you guys!!! It’s freakin’ amazing!
And this tea is basically that.
I almost got one of those at Starbucks yesterday because I had brought this tea in a tumbler with me. If I hadn’t just eaten and wasn’t in danger of getting super nauseous. I would have. But yeah, anyway, sorry for the rant. It’s just a really good tea.
Highly recommend it!!!
And if you don’t like blueberry pastry teas, but like blueberry pastries, get the blueberry muffin from Starbucks! Ignore the fact it totally looks like mold on top…little does everyone know that that’s the best part! XD

Cameron B.

I believe they call it streusel.

OMG, it smells so good. As for taste…

Definitely seeing the comparison to Pineapple Upside Down Cake…there ’s that same sort of artificial cake flavour. It is buttery and sweet with a little cinnamon, and I only needed half my normal sugar amount; as for the blueberries, they do sit a bit too far in the background, in my opinion. I can basically pick up a vague juicy berry note at the very back. The crumble/cake is more dominant.

I am curious how this would be with milk…will that give more of an ice cream on crumble note or cover up the flavour? We’ll have to see.

Not finding this a fave, but definitely not a a hate either. I have a decent amount, so I should be good for swaps with this one, as I drink the ounce pack down.

1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

If you’ve tried Della Terra’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake then you have a good idea what this one tastes like; the two are near identical. It’s a nice dessert tea but I think I’m done with this particular flavour combination.

This is sweet, almost cloying, with the accent of blueberry. It more like a thin layer of blueberry jam with loads of butter, sugar syrup, and bread to drown it. The cinnamon is distinctive, particularly in the aroma.

It’s a little like a crumble (and a lot like an upside down cake tea), but for me that particular dessert is largely defined by texture. The berry crumble my mother always made was on the tarter and spicier side, with ice cream to tone it down. This is sweeter and “mushier” a profile than I’m used to.

Flavors: Baked Bread, Berries, Butter, Cinnamon

Amariel

Ruh roh. Hope I like it when I get mine.

CrowKettle

Most people seem to like it! I’ve been finicky over tea, and am not keen on the dessert ones lately.

Amariel

Ok! I’ll def let you know when I get mine.