Grapefruit Fusion

Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by KeenTeaThyme

• “stupid sprinkles. Yeah. that's right. I DESPISE YOU SPRINKLES! I really can't stand the sorts of additions to teas that add nothing to them. Tea is pretty enough on it's on without adding...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4710 tasting notes
  • “I'm with Sil, here - this really tastes nothing like grapefruit (ok, I get the slightest hint of something I could be convinced is grapefruit), has pointless sprinkles in it, and is overall a...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “I'm surprised I'm the first to log this one. The pressure's on! ;) First off, before I say anything else, I should confess: I'm a grapefruit fanatic. I love them far more than a human being...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “had this iced yesterday, I was odly hot for the 20 degrees it was in my house. dry this has a citrusy smell I'm not liking, it steeps up much the same & tastes just like it smells. yuck! I...” Read full tasting note
    tattooed_tea 290 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Product Description

Our Grapefruit Fusion combines delicious grapefruit flavor with lemon, lime and orange flavors. A perfect fusion for a springy, tangy cup of this delicious green!

Ingredients: Black tea, green tea, grapefruit and citrus taste, lemongrass and sprinkles

For allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 158-167°F

Steep Time: 1-3 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

stupid sprinkles.

Yeah. that’s right. I DESPISE YOU SPRINKLES! I really can’t stand the sorts of additions to teas that add nothing to them. Tea is pretty enough on it’s on without adding crappy artificial sprinkles and stars and lucky charms into the mix. sigh

So this tea? Doesn’t really remind me of grapefruit at all. Now, for perspective, i love the grapefruit dragon that Stacy created. I have no doubt that somewhere out there, another grapefruit tea exists that isn’t a dragonwell base that might be almost as delicious as Stacy’s Dragonwell.

This tea? it’s not it. It’s got a weird limey orange smell to it that makes my nose wrinkle up in disgust, and the taste is this weird citrus like flavour that turns my stomach. I do not like, though maybe cold brewed it would be better? maybe?

Fuzzy_Peachkin

lol! I haven’t tried any teas with sprinkles because I also look at them and think “What’s the point?” Sprinkles are always so flavorless.

there are a few with sprinkles that i like..but every time i drink them and see the oily mess they make i’m always just a little disappointed.

Cavocorax

The jelly beans were the oddest addition I think. I’m not a fan of the sprinkles either, although I can forgive DavidsTea for Glitter&Gold.

Terri HarpLady

The idea of sprinkles or glitter in my tea freaks me out, quite honestly.

I’m with Sil, here – this really tastes nothing like grapefruit (ok, I get the slightest hint of something I could be convinced is grapefruit), has pointless sprinkles in it, and is overall a pretty meh tea. The flavour reminds me of some other Della Terra one I’ve had previously…. maybe a kind of berryish one? And there’s no way this is contaminated on my end, since it’s in a nice sealed pouch. It’s not bad, but it’s not good either. The sort of tea you’d drink because it’s hot and has more flavour than water, but then you wouldn’t be able to remember how it actually differed from hot water…

I’m surprised I’m the first to log this one. The pressure’s on! ;)

First off, before I say anything else, I should confess: I’m a grapefruit fanatic. I love them far more than a human being should love fruit. Before you’re ready to commit me, let me explain. (Bear with me, the review is below)

I grew up in San Diego, CA, but thanks to my dad’s job, we moved to the East Coast. One thing I miss most about CA (besides the weather and palm trees in my front yard, and I mean the happy palm trees, not the barely breathing cotton-swab-looking ones of FL and Los Angeles) – is the fresh fruit. Fresh pineapple, strawberries. And fresh grapefruit. I still remember the first grapefruit my mother and I shared when we landed – reluctantly – in Maryland – it was horrid. Bitter, tear-inducing. We both threw tantrums and demanded Dad to move us back. It didn’t work.

Now I’m used to the East Coast grapefruit – I had to be. I still love it, and the one time I revisited San Diego I loaded up on my fresh fruit. Like fresh pineapple on pizza – how delish!

Anyway, I’m very biased about grapefruit, so I may have rated this lower than it deserves.

On to the review: I’m not in favor of the flavor. The grapefruit taste is far too light, and the citrus fusion is…lacking. I’ve loved most teas from Della Terra Teas, so one dud out of the bunch isn’t bad.

This was from the custom try-me pack, and I’m glad I just bought that small amount. It won’t go to waste and my wallet is happier without this purchase.

Time to enjoy some Blueberry Crumble or Rabbit’s Garden or quite frankly anything else from Della Terra.

But even Della Terra’s worst tea (IMO) isn’t as bad as some offerings from Adagio and David’s Tea, among others. That says something, right?

had this iced yesterday, I was odly hot for the 20 degrees it was in my house.
dry this has a citrusy smell I’m not liking, it steeps up much the same & tastes just like it smells. yuck!
I basically feel the same way about this that Sil does, except I love the sprinkles.
I’ll avoid rating this until I have it hot, though I don’t have high hopes.