Key Lime Pie

Edit tea info Last updated by wheezybee

• “nope. you can't make me keep drinking teas i don't love. Like this one. It's "ok" but i prefer lime chiffon to it any day. So i'm done. Out damned spot! Out i say! or i guess that's tea. Be...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4644 tasting notes
  • “Look at me, the first one to rate this tea. Sadly I didn't love it. There was something sort of off. It tasted better than the dry blend smells (fakeish and bitter), but I still found it to be...” Read full tasting note
    whatshesaid 488 tasting notes
  • “Another lovely tea from DT. I like it... just not as much as the lime chiffon. It does have a lime presence, but there isn't anything really "pie" like about it. The second steep was good but...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1276 tasting notes
  • “I bought an ounce of this when it was on sale. After trying it, well, I understand why it was discontinued. I ordered the Lime Chiffon at the same time, and restocked my Lemon Chiffon as well. I...” Read full tasting note
    wheezybee 251 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

This tea combines the flavor of delicious Key Lime pie and black tea. If you love lime, pie, tea… any of those, you’ll love this tea! Perfect for first thing in the morning or even as a dessert. Enjoy your day in the sunny Florida keys with this one!

Ingredients: Black tea, lime flavor, cream flavor, lime pieces and bits*

Allergens: contains dairy, soy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

nope. you can’t make me keep drinking teas i don’t love. Like this one. It’s “ok” but i prefer lime chiffon to it any day. So i’m done. Out damned spot! Out i say! or i guess that’s tea. Be gone! Into the swap box it goes. :)

Look at me, the first one to rate this tea.

Sadly I didn’t love it. There was something sort of off. It tasted better than the dry blend smells (fakeish and bitter), but I still found it to be too chemically enhanced for me, really artificial and with overly strong flavouring. No pie. Never thought I’d say this but I way prefer these flavours with a rooibos base, and this just makes me appreciate their Lemon/Lime/Chiffon/Cream Tart teas that much more!

If anyone wants to try it, let me know, I will never drink a whole oz.

we can toss that into out future swap list. I’d try it :)

Kittenna

(if there’s a future planned swap with Sil, you could always throw in an extra 1.5 tsp for me too :P)

haha…we still have to figure out when we’re getting together. I have a giant bag waiting for you guys!

whatshesaid

Yeah guys, no worries i will reserve some for you!

Lol I totally have this…forgot I ordered some the other day on a whim

Another lovely tea from DT. I like it… just not as much as the lime chiffon. It does have a lime presence, but there isn’t anything really “pie” like about it. The second steep was good but it was a bit different. I’m not sure if it was because the water was hotter or most of the flavors were in the first cup, but there was a bit of an off flavor to it. (The first steep was a bit cooled and went for three minutes.) It isn’t the perfect blend, especially for DT, but it’s good!

I bought an ounce of this when it was on sale. After trying it, well, I understand why it was discontinued. I ordered the Lime Chiffon at the same time, and restocked my Lemon Chiffon as well. I guess I was expecting this to have the same sort of presence but with the added bonus of caffeine.

While I do get the lime and cream flavors, there is something that’s subtly off with this tea, as if the slice of pie fell on the ground and then they decided to serve it anyway. I completely understand why some Steepsterites compared this to lime Jello and lime Kool-Aid, because it does have that same not-so-fresh, artificial flavor.

I’m still waiting to hear back from the next person for the Traveling Tea Box C, so unless my husband likes it (and he does have an unnatural desire for lime in its myriad forms) it may get tucked inside.

weirdly, i was not that into this tea!
i REALLY thought i would be.
but i can see from the note whatshesaid left as well as everyone else’s that they kinda feel the same way.
i brewed it but i kinda let the second half of the cup go cold.
very thankful to have this nice taste though! always always grateful.

Hmmm…
Guess I’ll just stick with the rooibos version.

If Lime Kool-aid were a tea, it’d be this tea. Yeah, Lime Chiffon is BETTER…. but this one has CAFFEINE. :D? I have a feeling this would make a great iced tea, too. Also, I was distracted on Ravelry and forgot this steeping & no harm done ;) ;) that’s always a plus, for me.

Boiling 8 min or more
Cavocorax

Ooooh Ravelry! :O I’ve been knitting up a storm – now I need to figure out how to switch colours or… well I hope I don’t ruin the whole thing. :P

TeaEqualsBliss

I just added you on IG

Ozli

Cavocorax BE BRAVE :P :P …I’m making hat. Shhh, it’s a Pikachu hat for the child ;)

TEB, sweet! ;)

Cavocorax

Oooh that’s awesome dude! How are you going to keep it secret?

Ozli

I just told him it’s a yellow hat – everything else adds on after ;)

I was a bit busy this morning and after my first sip of this forgot about drinking it and it sat for a few hours. The sip or two I had hot was extremely bitter, I probably would have dumped out the cup if I hadn’t forgotten about it. When I got home this afternoon I tried another few sips at room temperature. It wasn’t as bitter as before, but it did have an overwhelming amount of lime flavoring. What was missing was the pie aspect, so I was a little disappointed.

I have an ounce of this so I’m going to play around with a short cold-steep to see if I can cut down on the overwhelming lime flavor.

EDITED This poor cup of tea, it sat undrank and unloved on my table for over 24hrs. I took a sip of it this morning and surprisingly the lime flavor had mellowed even more and I was able to taste some of the cream flavoring.

Lariel

And some vanilla flavoured tea?

I should preface this by saying that I grew up just north of the Florida Keys and I am obsessed with authentic key lime pie. I have it for some of my birthdays instead of cake!

Dry: Colorful blend of black tea and bits of what appear to be dried fruit and flower petals. It says on the ingredient list lime pieces and bits, but it looks like there are some graham cracker or pie crust bits and orange peel bits also? Smells sweet, tart, creamy, and citrusy. Not necessarily key lime pie aroma in the dry scent, but key lime pie doesn’t smell like much beyond tart/sweetness and/or added whipped cream. It is the taste of a good pie that makes my mouth water!

Steeped: Cloudy dark golden liquor. The steeped tea smells more tart and a touch astringent to my nose, though still with the sweet and creamy backdrop. Limes are kind of one of those scents/tastes that people might either love or hate and may remind some of cleaning products. I digress..

Taste: I really didn’t have high hopes for this one because key lime pie + tea sounds kind of like a unicorn of flavored teas to me, but amazingly Della Terra did a pretty good job with it! Tart and creamy with a hint of pastry. This is not a strong tea-flavored tea, but I was still pretty darn happy with my cuppa. I added a touch of agave and 2% milk and it is quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, it looks like it might be discontinued so maybe I am one of the few fans, but I really like it. I might have to stockpile with my next order. :)

Terri HarpLady

I have a key lime tree, although I’ve never had a key lime pie. I wanted a mini lime tree to go with my little kumquat & meyer lemon trees. It’s nice cuz there are limes on there of all sizes, & although I don’t always use lime alot, when I want to use it I just pick the biggest lime on the tree, & it’s usually just enough!

It smells kinda fruity. The flavour is like key lime, but not as creamy. Nice tea, but I like the rooibos blend better.

More Here’s Hoping Travelling Teabox 3

A very dry lime flavoring going on, but I’m not getting any pie. Just tastes like dry lime and black tea. I did the shorter steep, but it is quite dry from the black base. It’s okay if you like lime. I had high hopes, but I think making this iced would of been better.

Cheri

A big part of what makes key lime pie good is when it has a good graham cracker crumb crust. I know that there has to be someone who can do this in a tea with a nice creamy key lime flavor. I just haven’t found it yet. (A couple of years ago, one of my favorite breweries did this in beer. It started creamy and then key lime and finished with an actual graham cracker flavor. It was amazing. The next year they made it again, but it wasn’t as good. Ah well.)