Key Lime Pie

Lime, Citrus, Sweet, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by wheezybee

From Della Terra Teas

This tea combines the flavor of delicious Key Lime pie and black tea. If you love lime, pie, tea… any of those, you’ll love this tea! Perfect for first thing in the morning or even as a dessert. Enjoy your day in the sunny Florida keys with this one!

Ingredients: Black tea, lime flavor, cream flavor, lime pieces and bits*

Allergens: contains dairy, soy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

From the Round 3 Here’s Hoping TTB

Something about this tea is off. There’s a strange plastic-y feeling on my tongue, and I feel like I squirted perfume in my mouth. I don’t know if the flavoring agent is going bad or if this tea and I just don’t get along, but the rest of this cup is going down the drain.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML
Cheri

I have some of this but I haven’t tried it yet. Mine is relatively new, so hopefully it tastes okay.

Veronica

I’m starting to think I might be having an allergic reaction to it. My throat and the inside of my mouth is itchy. I went ahead and took an antihistamine just to be safe.

Cheri

:( That doesn’t sound good at all. I hope it’s not an allergic reaction.

Christina

Hm, I took some of this from a swap box last month, haven’t tried it yet. Gulp!

I had one cup of this and enjoyed it even though I thought there could more of a lime taste. I chilled the rest and found that I enjoyed it a lot. The flavor came through a lot stronger. Good on a warm summer day!

Flavors: Lime

More Here’s Hoping Travelling Teabox 3

A very dry lime flavoring going on, but I’m not getting any pie. Just tastes like dry lime and black tea. I did the shorter steep, but it is quite dry from the black base. It’s okay if you like lime. I had high hopes, but I think making this iced would of been better.

Cheri

A big part of what makes key lime pie good is when it has a good graham cracker crumb crust. I know that there has to be someone who can do this in a tea with a nice creamy key lime flavor. I just haven’t found it yet. (A couple of years ago, one of my favorite breweries did this in beer. It started creamy and then key lime and finished with an actual graham cracker flavor. It was amazing. The next year they made it again, but it wasn’t as good. Ah well.)

Here’s Hoping traveling teabox – Round 3

This is actually really interesting. It basically tastes like the lime chiffon blend, except this is with black tea. Thankfully, Della Terra’s black tea base tends to be on the lighter side, so I mostly get the lime and cream with this one. I know it’s late and I’m drinking something with caffeine, but it’s the weekend! Ack, nevermind, something bitter is coming out as it cools.

(sweetener added)