Lemon Crème Parfait

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by wheezybee

From Della Terra Teas

Creamy lemon, what a most amazing parfait that would be! Well, we have in this amazing fruit blend the perfect blend of cream and lemon. Parfait, literally means perfect in French, and we feel that is exactly what this blend is. Pure perfection. This is also caffeine free! Contains cranberries for tartness and color.

Ingredients: Lemon bits, lemon rind, lemon flavor, cream flavor, lemon grass, apple bits, dried cranberries

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 210°F

Steep Time: 3-6 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Yay for sipdowns! (427) Also, a huge thanks to Janelle for sending over just enough so that I could try it. I really appreciate it!

This tastes very differently than expected. I used to have a thing for a yogurt tea several years back that the Tea Centre in Courtenay, BC sells. It had tiny yogurt chips in it, and it gave the tea a wonderfully creamy, slightly tangy feel. This is also something I would have avoided at all costs, until the owners of said tea shoppe gave me a cup of it and just said to try it. So glad I did! Anyway. This tea reminds me of that one, even though I see zero yogurt anything in the ingredients.

So I get a yogurt-y mouthfeel, and the flavors of lemon and hibiscus. It’s… okay.

Well, this does smell better brewed. It’s fruity, with lemon grass. The flavour does so remind me of yogurt.

This tea came to me via Della Terra’s Facebook giveaway. It just arrived today, and I couldn’t wait to try it!

Because I have a little bit left of their Lemon Chiffon, I decided to compare the dry smells. The Chiffon has more of a dessert smell – a wee bit more artificial and sugary sweet. The Parfait, though, smells more fresh and authentic. It’s almost like I just grated some lemon rind while getting ready to make the real thing.

What’s odd is that the dry smell is completely different from the taste of the brewed tisane. To my husband and I, this tastes like a rush of lemonade quickly followed by lemon meringue. The toasted, creamy flavor is actually adhering to my tongue just like a real meringue would. It’s a bit of a mind boggler for me, as this is the first tisane I’ve tried that truly tastes like what it advertises.

Of the ingredients, I don’t really taste the apple and cranberry, but the cranberry certainly comes out in the color: a pretty crystal pink that contrasts in an interesting way with the overwhelmingly lemon flavor.

All in all, I’m really enjoying this and I am very excited that this was a 2oz bag, so we can continue to enjoy this! For now, I’m going for another cup!

For pictures and a slightly longer review, please visit:

This one smells a bit like a granola bar or a lemon square. I’m impressed by Della Terra’s ability to make their teas smell like the fruit and crust parts of a dessert!

This is tarter and more intensely lemony than the Lemon Chiffon, but it rivals it for creaminess. I don’t like it as much as the Chiffon because of the cranberries—just a touch too tart—but it is a good cup and a nice lemon tea. It reminds me of a grown-up version of the Lemon Zinger tea I loved as a kid.

Long time, no log! I’ve been drinking lots of tea, but keep forgetting to review them. I’ll try to catch up a bit.
Recently I visited DavidsTea and got a bunch of small bags to try, and a couple days ago my Della Terra order showed up too!
Last night I decided to brew up this one before bed since it was caffeine free.
The dry leaf smells exactly like a lemon flavoured yogurt or something, that lemony creamy scent. Yum!
The rose bits in this cause it to turn a pretty pink colour.
The aroma was very nice on this, although after steeping a bit of that creaminess of the leaf had disappeared and I was getting more lemongrass.
The taste: The aroma of this tea is very strong and lovely. The thing is you expect it to taste as good as it smells, and sadly it doesn’t. It tastes good and lemony and creamy, but not nearly as strong as it smells. I did notice the flavour came out slightly more as it cooled.
Overall, it’s good and I’m glad I get to try an ounce of it, but next time I’ll try something else rather than repurchasing.

Aiming to get through a few samples today, since it looks like I’ll be going through my larger quantities at work! Anyhow, thanks to Janelle for a sample of this tea! It’s been so long since I last read about it that I couldn’t even remember if I thought I’d enjoy it… but I do! It does taste like a lemony dessert. I was pretty worried about the hibiscus being overwhelming (since it looked pretty pinkish after brewing), but it was perfect. Quite tasty, and an herbal I think I’d be happy to have around. Definitely a different flavour from the Lemon/Lime Chiffon rooibos. Less creamy (but still not sharply lemony), and quite desserty.

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

First off, this tea is pink. I was most certainly not expecting that colour from a tea that smells like a lemon creme bar, but once I got over the initial shock I was pleasantly endeared by the fact that it looks so dainty and fanciful.

The taste is actually pretty impressive, also. The rose bits lend a sweet tartness that melds delightfully in with the sourness of the lemon…and there’s something else in there that makes me think of pastry and warm kitchens.

I’m not sure why I’m so enchanted with this tea, but I really do adore the way the flavours come together.