Cotton Candy

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by RogersCK

From Della Terra Teas

Ingredients: Special rooibos blend with honeybush, cotton candy flavor and sprinkles

About Della Terra Teas View company

Thank you QueenOfTarts for this sample.

I’m fresh out of the bath and watching Star Trek TOS (Series 1 episode 3) and preparing myself a cup of this tea which hopefully will be sweet and yummy.

It smells like Rooibos with added sugar which coincidently it appears to be in the form of rainbow sprinkles. It’s perhaps not as icky smelling as Rooibos can be from time to time and it is sweeter but other than that there is nothing special about it, certainly not cotton candy scented imo.

The flavour matches it’s scent too really for the most part, it’s thickly Rooibos based but with added sugar and a creamy vanilla like after taste. Still not cotton candy (or candy floss to us Brits) but it is a nice sweet yet light tea. Better than plain Rooibos but a little disappointing. Still it was a nice sweet tea to treat myself with after my bath.

K S

Possibly the most influential series of all time.

mrmopar

+1 on K S’s comment. A true classic.

Stupid sprinkles. Altogether one I’m sneaking from Kittenna…this one smells like a giant bag of melted sprinkles and not like cotton candy at all. Tis is one that needs to steep for a bit longer since at a shorter steep I could taste that familiar rooibos taste. After steeping it for a little longer this became a better cup, but still doesn’t quite remind me of cotton candy. I think frank did a better job of it with his black tea base. Skill though, a pleasant cup AND is my 995th tea tasted lol

Terri HarpLady

cotton candy….sprinkles….just 2 forms of the same thing: sugar

Tea #33 from HHTTB2

I really want to find a sweet, desserty rooibos blend that I can drink at night while I read. Dry, this smells like sugar sweetened rooibos. Which, I guess if you want to get technical, exactly how a cotton candy flavored rooibos blend should smell. The sprinkles in here are really well-placed and add a bit of whimsy to a food I would call the same.

The cup tastes very much like rooibos, with sugar and vanilla added as an afterthought. If I take the sip fast, I can almost miss the rooibos in the cup though. It’s a light, sweet cup, but nothing special.

I’ll keep looking.

Drank this last night, and it doesn’t disappoint. This is a wonderful night time treat. :)

This smells really good. Perhaps not exactly spun sugar, but still a very nice scent. The flavour reminds me of David’s Birthday Cake. Except the sweetness isn’t so strong, which works better.

Lariel

This is really good as a cold brew.

Bleargh. Smell wise, this tea is nice. Taste wise…probably won’t be able to finish the cup. I would have to say this is down right nasty.

[Backlog] – I didn’t find this blend to be all that different from other rooibos blends from Della Terra. It had a bit of that maple flavor, but not a whole lot of cotton candy. The sprinkles were a nice touch, but that’s really all I enjoyed about this tea.

Whenever I’m in Sweden in late spring or early summer, my foremost summer-is-really-here ritual is to have soft serve ice cream with sprinkles. I tend to favour the chocolate sprinkles, but every now and then I go crazy and pick the tutti frutti ones. This tea, in the bag, smells exactly like that – the first ice cream of the season. Thick with creamy vanilla and studded with refined sugar-powered sprinkles.

It smelled so ridiculously good, I really had to try it. I generally go for fruity, floral rooibos, and I’m kind of sick of that now, so I figured it might be time to graduate to those birthday cake-y ones everyone seems to be raving about.

I have to admit I really like this one, which, hilariously, makes me feel a little dirty. It’s so unabashedly artificial it’s sort of like the Texan Beauty Salon Makeover of teas. Flavour wise, it tastes exactly as it smells, it’s like a melted vanilla soft serve ice cream with sprinkles in a cup. Spun sugar seems all wrong – it’s doesn’t even come close to that level of cloying sweetness, and it has nothing of the slightly caramelized, burnt note of good, freshly made spun sugar.

It’s vanilla-sweet and delicious and will definitely make me more open to dessertier rooibos blends in the future.

[Sample from the second round of the EU Travelling Box, spring 2014.]

Ysaurella

the Texan Beauty Salon Makeover of teas ! ahahaha I imagine Sue Ellen with her brushing drinking an artificial pink cup of tea