Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Andie

• “When I first tried this tea I was in love. I thought it was the greatest tea in the world. Now, I can't find the cream cheese icing I really enjoyed in my first few cups and the rooibos is stronger...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1328 tasting notes
  • “This tea is normally pretty amazing, but I think I accidently underleafed it. Also, it's a rooibos. I probably should have steeped it longer. I'm sorry Carrot Cake. I know you can be better...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1389 tasting notes
  • “Another one from the *GCTTB* Not sure about this one. It's more spiced cream cheese icing than actual carrot cake. Not even sure about the spices - it's not bad, but it's not good either. Just...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter3657 578 tasting notes
  • “I'm so sleepy tonight! My workplace went curling for our social event, and I am just beat. It was fun, but I'm sleepy now lol. So I made a cup of this before bed. It smells very sweet and icing...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 818 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Well, I know I love carrot cake, and I love a cup of rooibos. So, why not combine the two? That’s exactly what you have here! Just as you’d expect, all the spices and flavor of a cream cheese iced carrot cake!

Ingredients: Rooibos, spices, carrot bits, flavor

About Della Terra Teas View company

I left this to steep while putting away dishes, and stopped to wonder who brought me a slice of carrot cake. It smells that good, even the cream cheese frosting is there. The spices and flavour are really good too.
Not as strong (maybe a longer steep next time), but that is a carrot cake in my tea mug, and it is fabulous.

My first tea from the Great Canadian Traveling Tea Box! It was so exciting to hear that the box had been delivered, I probably spent the first half hour after I got home from work opening bags and smelling all the different teas. But since it’s a work night I had to limit my choices to caffeine free options and this one caught my interest.

Dry this tea has a very strong scent profile, sweet with a bit of tang that reminds me of cream cheese frosting. I don’t get much in the way of carrot at this point but there are some deeper notes under all the artificial “cake” scent that could be the carrot. I can also detect some of the spices as well which try to break up some of the super sweet notes present in this tea.

The liquor is a deep red-orange and smells of sweet cream cheese icing and cake (a touch artificial.) I get a few carrot notes every once and a while but they got a bit lost in the rest of the aroma. There’s also a film present on the top of the liquid.

Flavor wise, I defiantly get cake when drinking this but not much on the carrot side of things. With the various spices involved it’s almost more of a spice cake than a carrot one; I get definite hits of cinnamon while the rest is a bit muddled but I find that there’s hints of nutmeg and clove. The mouth feel is rich and creamy which complements the cream cheese frosting flavor, though I do find it to be a bit artificial.

An interesting tea and I can see why people like it but like the few DT cake teas that I’ve tried… Its just not for me. If it wasn’t for the “cake” notes I would probably like this more but I just find myself unable to really enjoy the artificial flavoring.

This tea is so good! I made it as a latte and it was very reminiscent of the dessert. As happy as I am with this, I wish I would have made something with caffeine. I am trying my best to write a paper and study for finals tomorrow. Only two more weeks before graduation! Yay!! :-)

Augh, this was incredible. I loved it just plain, but I was having it too late in the day and was going to be up all night visiting the bathroom so I was like: ADD MILK AND BROWN SUGAR, DRINK FASTERRRR and oh, man. Sweet yumminess. This is a keeper. I have 1 more sample here from cavocorax and then I’ll be making a wibbly face and making an order… ;)

(Another Della Terra purchase from the recent sale. I picked up an ounce.)

Oh my goodness, in the bag and while steeping, this tea smells so delicious! I love carrot cake and sniffing the bag was like having the real thing sitting on my counter top. I used about 2.5 teaspoons for my 16 oz steeping mug and added sweetener.

I’ll admit, I was worried about this one. I was kind of expecting it not to live up to my expectations; however, it has impressed me! It tastes like carrot cake (including the cream cheese icing) and it’s caffeine free! One thing though, I really have to savor and drink the tea slowly, otherwise, the 2nd sip kinds of mutes out the first one (if that makes any sense).

In any case, during the next Della Terra sale, I’ll be ordering more of this!

This smells genuinely like carrot cake. And it actually tastes pretty much like it too! Definitely way better than the David’s tea one. I even taste the frosting! I like that this is a rooibos as well. Very good.

This is a really good one! I seriously can’t believe how realistic it tastes (much like Della Terra’s Oatmeal Raisin cookie). I like that it is a bit savory, but I still get the touch of cream cheese frosting and cake sweetness as well. I’m plowing through this one ounce sample!

GCTTB!

Well i didn’t drink much of this or my other cup of tea tonight…somuch for getting through some of the teas in the box. This one taste like generic della terra “cake” tea. similar to upside down pineapple… there is not much in the way of spicy carrot cake, creamcheese icing sort of thing. This just reminds me of a rooibos upside down cake. meh. glad to try it though.

Very good! Strong cake flavor, with carrots and spices, but not overwelming. An excellent dessert tea!