Rooibos Tea
Cake, Carrot, Maple, Spices
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Faith

• “When I first tried this tea I was in love. I thought it was the greatest tea in the world. Now, I can't find the cream cheese icing I really enjoyed in my first few cups and the rooibos is stronger...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2005 tasting notes
  • “This tea is normally pretty amazing, but I think I accidently underleafed it. Also, it's a rooibos. I probably should have steeped it longer. I'm sorry Carrot Cake. I know you can be better...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Another one from the *GCTTB* Not sure about this one. It's more spiced cream cheese icing than actual carrot cake. Not even sure about the spices - it's not bad, but it's not good either. Just...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 740 tasting notes
  • “I'm so sleepy tonight! My workplace went curling for our social event, and I am just beat. It was fun, but I'm sleepy now lol. So I made a cup of this before bed. It smells very sweet and icing...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 969 tasting notes

From Della Terra Teas

Well, I know I love carrot cake, and I love a cup of rooibos. So, why not combine the two? That’s exactly what you have here! Just as you’d expect, all the spices and flavor of a cream cheese iced carrot cake!

Ingredients: Rooibos, spices, carrot bits, flavor

About Della Terra Teas View company

GCTTB3

As soon as I smelled this tea, I knew I was going to set it aside in my “to sample” pile. I normally don’t eat carrot cake, but the cinnamony, nutmeggy, cream-cheesy goodness of this was almost impossible to ignore. And since I’m still working on projects in the basement, this seemed like the perfect dessert pick-me-up.

The flavours are not as strong in the cup as I expected, but I have to admit I’m not sure how I would have felt about a big ol’ mug of cream cheese frosting. This smells sooo good though, and I added some agave nectar to amp up the sweetness, which I think was a good call. Unfortunately, it appears that Della Terra no longer offers this blend, so I’m glad I got a chance to try it before it disappeared!

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Ost

Oh I got a sample of this a couple orders ago. Wasn’t my favorite. If you want I could send ya the rest. It’s going in my swap box anyway. But really, if you’re interested, hit me up!

Christina

Ooh, cool! I’ll send you a PM.

Is that a raisin in my tea!??! Ahhaha ahh well, anything to get the best flavours out!!

Oh, it smells very rooibos-y, but sweet and caramel-y. This reminds me a whole lot of Oh, Canada from DT! Good tea. Not so much carrot cake, but more like rooibos with a touch of cinnamon and caramel :)

Thank you VariaTEA for sending me a sample of this. It was lovely :)

I haven’t been drinking a whole lot of tea lately mainly because Disney :( But I try to drink as much as I can on my days off!!

Got this as a sample from my last DTT order. This is pretty woodsy, not as strong as Tea Guy’s Carrot Cake. Definitely taste the spice of the cake part, just not really the icing which, of course, is the best part of a carrot cake. So a bit disappointing.
Not a terrible tea, but Tea Guys definitely made a much better blend of tea on this one.

mj

Totally agree…the only reason to eat carrot cake is the cream cheese icing. I was missing the icing component in DT’s red velvet cake too

Ost

I felt that way about DT’s red velvet too. :/ Such a bummer. Do people not realize that’s the best part?

GCTTB!

Well i didn’t drink much of this or my other cup of tea tonight…somuch for getting through some of the teas in the box. This one taste like generic della terra “cake” tea. similar to upside down pineapple… there is not much in the way of spicy carrot cake, creamcheese icing sort of thing. This just reminds me of a rooibos upside down cake. meh. glad to try it though.

Very good! Strong cake flavor, with carrots and spices, but not overwelming. An excellent dessert tea!