Rooibos Tea
Cake, Carrot, Maple, Spices
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Faith

From Della Terra Teas

Well, I know I love carrot cake, and I love a cup of rooibos. So, why not combine the two? That’s exactly what you have here! Just as you’d expect, all the spices and flavor of a cream cheese iced carrot cake!

Ingredients: Rooibos, spices, carrot bits, flavor

About Della Terra Teas View company

Yes, I still have some of this. Who knows how long it’s been since I last ordered from Della Terra…it’s been awhile! I’m pining for Fall today, so I broke this one out of my nicely organized cupboard. It’s sweet and cake-like. I ate it with a cookie! ;) I got my TeaTime mag in the mail, but the front cover got all crushed and torn. What the heck?! Makes me sad, because it’s an issue all about Fall! :( I love Fall. It’s still hot here, but I’m counting down the days until I can drink some new Fall teas and go buy apple goodies at Apple Hill! It’ll be here soon!!!

GCTTB3

As soon as I smelled this tea, I knew I was going to set it aside in my “to sample” pile. I normally don’t eat carrot cake, but the cinnamony, nutmeggy, cream-cheesy goodness of this was almost impossible to ignore. And since I’m still working on projects in the basement, this seemed like the perfect dessert pick-me-up.

The flavours are not as strong in the cup as I expected, but I have to admit I’m not sure how I would have felt about a big ol’ mug of cream cheese frosting. This smells sooo good though, and I added some agave nectar to amp up the sweetness, which I think was a good call. Unfortunately, it appears that Della Terra no longer offers this blend, so I’m glad I got a chance to try it before it disappeared!

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Ost

Oh I got a sample of this a couple orders ago. Wasn’t my favorite. If you want I could send ya the rest. It’s going in my swap box anyway. But really, if you’re interested, hit me up!

Christina

Ooh, cool! I’ll send you a PM.

Is that a raisin in my tea!??! Ahhaha ahh well, anything to get the best flavours out!!

Oh, it smells very rooibos-y, but sweet and caramel-y. This reminds me a whole lot of Oh, Canada from DT! Good tea. Not so much carrot cake, but more like rooibos with a touch of cinnamon and caramel :)

Thank you VariaTEA for sending me a sample of this. It was lovely :)

I haven’t been drinking a whole lot of tea lately mainly because Disney :( But I try to drink as much as I can on my days off!!

Got this as a sample from my last DTT order. This is pretty woodsy, not as strong as Tea Guy’s Carrot Cake. Definitely taste the spice of the cake part, just not really the icing which, of course, is the best part of a carrot cake. So a bit disappointing.
Not a terrible tea, but Tea Guys definitely made a much better blend of tea on this one.

mj

Totally agree…the only reason to eat carrot cake is the cream cheese icing. I was missing the icing component in DT’s red velvet cake too

Ost

I felt that way about DT’s red velvet too. :/ Such a bummer. Do people not realize that’s the best part?

GCTTB!

Well i didn’t drink much of this or my other cup of tea tonight…somuch for getting through some of the teas in the box. This one taste like generic della terra “cake” tea. similar to upside down pineapple… there is not much in the way of spicy carrot cake, creamcheese icing sort of thing. This just reminds me of a rooibos upside down cake. meh. glad to try it though.

Very good! Strong cake flavor, with carrots and spices, but not overwelming. An excellent dessert tea!