Minty Cow Rooibos

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

1 Tasting Note View all

From Della Terra Teas

This cows “MOO” is a little more relaxed than the black tea versions cow. Since this is a rooibos being caffeine free and all! With amazing mint, chocolate and vanilla flavors, this mellow cow also has the great taste of rooibos.

Ingredients: Rooibos tea, chocolate bits and flavor, vanilla bits, mint, cow sprinkles*

Allergens: Contains dairy. For more allergy info visit our FAQ

Suggested brewing tips:
Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving
Water Temp: 212 degree or to a boil
Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

Ok, I’ll admit it, I bought this tea just because of the cow sprinkles and I don’t even like sprinkles in my tea. I thought this tea would make a good conversation piece, I mean it has COW SPRINKLES. Crazy.

I’m really glad Della Terra made a rooibos version of this since I don’t drink much black tea. I also think the rooibos goes a long way in hiding the taste of the chocolate flavoring they use since I don’t care for it.

The dry leaf of this tea smells like a peppermint patty, but it doesn’t quite taste like one (it would be really awesome if it did.) The rooibos doesn’t come through very much, I only taste it a little bit at the end of each sip. The mint is what comes through the most, but I only get a hint of chocolate and a bit of creaminess from the vanilla bits and I wish they had stood out a little more.

Personal Rant I do wish companies would be more descriptive in their ingredient lists when it comes to using mint. I could avoid teas that use spearmint a lot easier if they wouldn’t just use mint catchall phrase.

Oh oh oh! I just ordered my first dellaterra sampler pack, and this was one of the teas I chose (well, the black version, as I’m a fan of black tea). I’m still on the hunt for a vanilla-mint tea that I might like, so here’s to hoping!

I’m with you on the mint labeling thing – I also like peppermint but really can’t stand spearmint.

keychange, if you are interested in vanilla mint teas and haven’t tried Butiki’s Killer Vanilla yet, you might like it.

I love the name – but what are ‘cow sprinkles’?

I do agree about the mint labeling thing. Seldom do I think spearmint belongs in anything. Same with some other ingredients. List them! Every time I am surprised by nuts, I think of people with allergies to them.