The Persimmon Tea

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Shelley_Lorraine

From Della Terra Teas

Ahh, persimmon… The amazing fall fruit. Why not put it in a tea we said? Well, we did. Packed with the amazing autumnal flavor of a dried persimmon this tea also packs a vitamin C punch!

Ingredients: Rooibos, dried persimmon, flavor*

Suggested brewing tips:

Serving Size: 1 level tsp./6oz serving

Water Temp: 212 degree or to a boil

Steep Time: 2-5 minutes

About Della Terra Teas View company

Unfortunately, I’ll be echoing the other reviewers on this one… not a great tea, kind of fruity-tasting, and the worst part is that the fruitiness is reminiscent of cherry cough syrup. I loathe cherry cough syrup. I don’t know whether it’s the rooibos being medicinal (certainly a possibility), or the fruity flavouring being gross, but I’ll be dumping the cup… I have one other delicious tea sitting here brewed up, and a couple boxes more to pick from if I feel like having something else.

Backlog from yesterday. I’ve tried this one a couple of times now, and I’m still not sure it tastes like persimmon. When they first put this out, it was advertised as a black tea, but when I got it, it was a rooibos. That was a little disappointing, because I definitely enjoy black teas more. I love persimmons though, so I was still looking forward to it. I usually eat the crunchy kind of persimmons in the fall. I think they’re called Fuyu. They taste like a very sweet combination of an apple and a pumpkin. I’ve never had dried persimmon, although I’ve seen them, and heard they are really sweet. So, this tea tastes fruity and sweet, but I can’t tell if it’s persimmon flavor or not. I’m thinking I’ll try some again once I can pick up some persimmons from the farmer’s market and see how they compare.

This tea is very artificially fruit-flavored, somewhere between cough syrup and hard candies. Possibly a good substitute for Kool-Aid.